Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Having friends seems creepy 👀
Why should one want two-faced people in their life?

Reactions: sserafim and xinino
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
Bonding, and trust.

I trust my long-term friends more than strangers, and we've bonded over things. The only thing separating me and my best friend is that he died.

Reactions: xinino
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Bonding, and trust.

I trust my long-term friends more than strangers, and we've bonded over things. The only thing separating me and my best friend is that he died.
Covalent bonds break as will friendships, and trust is not worth the 5 letters that comprise it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sprite_Geist, sserafim, xinino and 1 other person
vitbar

vitbar

Escaped Lunatic
Jun 4, 2023
Arguably you can never truly know anybody, perhaps not even yourself. All knowing is partial, but with some the part is bigger. For better and worse.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Arguably you can never truly know anybody, perhaps not even yourself. All knowing is partial, but with some the part is bigger. For better and worse.
I must know someone completely.

Reactions: sserafim and xinino
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Usually, you become friends with people when you have more in common and more things to relate over. I suppose all strangers are potentially friends but it can be rare to find people you really click with. Then, it hurts like hell if and when you lose them.

Sometimes I wonder if any of us are that interested in another person to know them anywhere near completely. Maybe that's a really cynical point of view. I suppose that's what appeals about a relationship. That you give enough of a shit about each other to really know one another. I don't know that people really do though.

My parents relationship sounded pretty solid to me. My Mum died when I was young. But, when I've asked my Dad really basic things about her, he doesn't always know! They didn't seem to discuss past relationships for instance. Seems kind of weird to me. I guess some relationships are built on shared experiences in the present though.

It's pretty foreign to me. I wish we could rely on people though. It hurts to get close to someone and then lose them.

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim, Ambivalent1 and xinino
foreverfalling

foreverfalling

Experienced
Jul 22, 2022
Anyone has a chance of betraying you. Someone you call a friend may have less individual chance of doing so, but over the long run there will be more opportunities and circumstances for it to happen.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Normie Life Mogs
Sep 19, 2023
Having friends seems creepy 👀
Why should one want two-faced people in their life?
Answer being you don't want two-faced people in your life, lol. Yes, we all wear masks and hide bits of ourselves away from others (and sometimes ourselves!), but one's mask doesn't have to be the complete opposite of who they are inside.

This sounds like there's a part of you that you need to come to terms with. No one can tell you completely who they are because we are all spending our whole lives trying to figure out who we are. The unknown may be frightening, but it's the only path to possibilities.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Friends are cringe, I have to see myself on them and be intimate and obsessed with them, otherwise they can fuck off.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Can't know what you don't have.

Reactions: thenamingofcats, sserafim and Ambivalent1
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's actually really easy for me to trust people knowing they're nowhere near as bad as me. Even if they do betray me or something I'm sure they have their reasons like that I'm worthless enough to consider betraying. I guess that's how I've made a lot of friends without even really trying or putting any effort into it.

It's unfortunate that when I do actually try it almost never works for me.

Reactions: Ambivalent1