Lotus1818

Lotus1818

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
They say when u are suicidal you should talk about it. Ive been doing that to everyone i know. And they all tell me they feel helpless they dont know what to say. They all tell me to seek help and talk to a professional. My local doctor says the same thing. even the people on the suicide hotline say the same thing.

I kinda understand now why people dont wanna talk about this shit. I would almost stop talking about my feelings. except that i want my SO to know whats going on in my life and how i feel. Shes the only one i feel comfortable to talk to...

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Jen0804, noctiva, Neverod and 3 others
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
Many of us here would be willing to chat, me included. x

• Love
Reactions: Jen0804, mediocre and Lotus1818
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I experience the same thing even with close family members. I've openly cried in front of my mum and told her I can't cope anymore but the only thing she says is that I should talk to my therapist. Most people just either don't know what to say or don't care.

the upside is that there are so many kind people on this forum.

• Love
Reactions: Kassender and SuicidalSymphonies
Neverod

Neverod

>:^3
Aug 8, 2019
They all say to talk about it, but none will help and really listen to you. I once got this response: "i'm busy with my life". Well, don't tell me to talk about it to you then. I feel you.
But thanks to my DID i don't feel so alone.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Wreck-it-Riley, mediocre and SuicidalSymphonies
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
The concept of wanting to CtB is completely alien to a lot of people.

Maybe there's a way to help people understand.

Reactions: Lotus1818 and mediocre
Lotus1818

Lotus1818

Experienced
Nov 4, 2019
The concept of wanting to CtB is completely alien to a lot of people.

Maybe there's a way to help people understand.
Well I do understand them tho. We think about this everyday. So for us it becomes so normal.

Spock87

Spock87

Nov 6, 2019
Can't talk with no one no one gives a shot and wants you to either do it or shut up about it and/or threaten to call the cops on you. Then they will say oh well we didn't know there was no signs when you actually c.t.b

Reactions: mediocre
Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
It made all my friends leave. I talked to a few people and most of them either said not to tell them, or that i was selfish and they didn't want to talk to me anymore. We have to stay alive to suffer alone.

• Love
Reactions: Jen0804, AlePizarnik and mediocre
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
They say when u are suicidal you should talk about it.

That is the SINGLE WORST ADVICE I've ever gotten. Every single time, without fail, that I've opened up JUST A BIT to someone else, they've either freaked out or lectured me then disappeared. Sure, it feels good to open up, but if others don't know how to listen or can't support you constructively (in ways YOU find constructive), then you can end up worse off. Add to that that many people are disgusted by emotional "issues" and flee sufferers who aren't doing what the non-sufferers think is right, and you can end up utterly alone.

You can Google it... Many therapists and even psychiatrists "fire" patients who aren't getting better to avoid legal and financial liabilities related to suicide. Can you imagine an oncologist firing a cancer patient because they aren't responding to treatment? I get the feeling "talk about it" works when (1) the person having trouble is a generally liked person (like a popular, loved daughter...) or (2) has problems there are objective solutions to (like needing a social worker's help to apply for a needs-based program the person qualifies for).

Sorry to go on and on, but "talk about it" has been, in my entire life, just about the worst advice I've ever, ever gotten. I share here b/c I need SOMEWHERE to get stuff off my chest. But wherever people could hurt me, I keep my mouth firmly shut.

• Love
Reactions: Conker, ChristopherWalken, Jen0804 and 2 others