LivedAndNotLoved

LivedAndNotLoved

Leaving here, need to give life another shot!
Feb 28, 2020
Feeling the lowest that I've ever felt in life.

I'd say from age 17 to now (age 26), I've spent the majority of my life of self-destruct mode. Some of the things I have done, i just cannot take back. And I've tried my best to move on from it. But it's at times like this that I reflect on all the shit things I done.

Then it's the the anxiety, depression, the fact that I'm desperate for a vodka but cant have one (I have an alcohol problem, as in I do EXTREMELY bad things when I'm drunk), and I've had 3 breakdowns from the age of 16 till now. I honestly think that life is going to get worse and worse. I genuinely cannot face living anymore of life if its just going to be shit after shit.

I know I can make my own choices. I know. But this is going to sound really strange... but when bad things happen to me that are out of my control, something clicks in my head or it's like a button is pressed in me and I just get overwhelming urges to just go on the warpath and I want to hurt and mess things up for myself as much as I can. That's messed up inni? I mean things like cutting, drinking loads and loads (sometimes mixing codeine with it), other reckless/risky behaviour that is going to hurt me. It's like I enjoy ruining my own life.

I'm really sorry if that sounds messed up. Just need to get it off my chest. Just so fucking fed up. I told the mental health nurse in my appointment and he just looked at me blank.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: mediocre, Brink, PrettyMoose and 3 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
It doesn't sound messed up. The mental health nurse sounds uneducated, and it sounds like you have a trauma history that led to maladaptive coping. Sending you resect for having survived hard shit.

Reactions: mediocre and LivedAndNotLoved
LivedAndNotLoved

LivedAndNotLoved

Feb 28, 2020
It doesn't sound messed up. The mental health nurse sounds uneducated, and it sounds like you have a trauma history that led to maladaptive coping. Sending you resect for having survived hard shit.
I was groomed by my uncle when I was 15. He was 72 at the time. He's still alive and comes into my area once a week but he has to stay away from me (never has tried coming near me). Thank you for that, its nice to know that people listen.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and GoodPersonEffed
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I am sorry for all the things you encounter on your life path...
And thank you for your venting! We are here to listen :heart:
However, I can relate to this. I enjoy self-destruction. Smoking, vaping to the extent when I can hardly walk, drinking huge amounts of coke. Used to drink alcohol everyday but got tired of this stuff. Used not to eat for 2 weeks, sleep 20+ hours or not to sleep at all. I thought I am alone to be programmed to self-destruction.

Reactions: mediocre
LivedAndNotLoved

LivedAndNotLoved

Feb 28, 2020
I appreciate you listening and your reply.

I completely understand where your coming from. I do in a way enjoy self-destruction. My attitude is if the grenade is going to go off then I'd rather pull the pin myself than let someone else do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre
I

It'llNeverEnd

Mar 1, 2020
a therapist had told me my go-to response for when something goes slightly bad if not very bad is to attempt suicide. I had just figured it was strictly the depression part. after looking back, i realized it was because in my high school years every time i attempted i got the attention i had been craving and the love i have never seen otherwise.

• Hugs
Reactions: mediocre and Brink