Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Hey. I know with psychedelic and the like the caution especially with your mind.

Plz bring any cautions as well.

I might do shrooms with my siblings on Christmas. I've really been inky hesitant bc of how my mind has felt. These days though as im not on anything & im over the process of being in things...

I feel ready?? They will a be a good trip sitter but truly i just wanna enjoy the world. Im not really scared or anything. I feel like God forbid i have a bad trip ill be able to bring myself back. Although i don't have experience i am just confident in my ability to be able to soothe my mind.

So any tips for a first time trip??? Any experiences(good or bad) that you'd like to share?

I'll def do some more reading before hand. I just would like to hear from people here as well.

(Im gonna name this like my signature but: plz excuse any spelling grammar etc mistakes.)

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
My experience with psychedelics from many years ago is it's fine as long as you don't hang around with crazy people. Like actually crazy, not just oh they're a bit eccentric and interesting.

:happy: Good luck to you.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
I'll def do some more reading before hand.

Consider reading some Terence McKenna.

Only imbibe if the source is trustworthy, your mood is positive, sitters are solid and the environment is safe, sound and secure.

Try some daily meditation, yoga, eat healthier and maybe listen to some Tool beforehand.

9A68A836 A74C 4BA6 85D2 D2E56CC468B8

And be well, Imtrying21. Be well and don't resist.

From tool vid (above) comments:

9994BE27 E11B 45C2 A95C F7FF4EADD832

Last edited:
Reactions: LonelyLight, TheDevilsAngel, Livingvsdying25 and 1 other person
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Consider reading some Terence McKenna.

Only imbibe if the source is trustworthy, your mood is positive, sitters are solid and the environment is safe, sound and secure.

Try some daily meditation, yoga, eat healthier and maybe listen to some Tool beforehand.

View attachment 22095

And be well, Imtrying21. Be well and don't resist.

From tool vid (above) comments:

View attachment 22099

Wow thank you ill lookin into all of this.

My health kinda sucks but ill try eating good from here on.
I'll be at my dads which to me is a pretty safe place decent gives overall. Some traumatic stuff also happened there but i don't find it a trigger just being there so.

My sitter will be my brother and we have a pretty good relationship plus usually are chill. I trust myself to navigate how i feels and him to be a good support.

^.^ wish me luck

Reactions: chris8000
BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
Luck, but I'm sure you'll be fine, especially in familiar and familial surroundings ;)

Have some comfort food prepped and ready for after you come down. That should help you rest, recuperate and process.

Psilocybin can be fun and/or extremely powerful, insightful and mysterious.

Best

• Hugs
Reactions: Livingvsdying25 and chris8000
T

Trulylost

Kinda of in, kind of out. Mostly lost
Dec 9, 2019
Ok so, I should start off by saying that I love shrooms. However, everyones experience will be different. They say you should be in a good mindset and prepared for whatever comes your way. My experiences were amazing and I still continue to do them every once in a while. My best friend and iI did them together for the first time back in march. He seemed to enjoy the trip. During though, he mentioned hearing voices in his head and how they were telling him to kill himself. Scared the hell out of me because I didn't have that same experience. We talked about it after he sobered up and he showed the most excitement about telling me what he saw. I cautioned him about doing it again and he was like "it's no biggie" ...Moving forward we tried again maybe three weeks later and that time he was quiet during his entire trip. Later after we sobered up I realized it hadn't been right to do it again. About a week later he ended his life. I continue to do it mostly alone and at home but for a different purpose. I find that it helps me with my PTSD of finding him, the depression I've had and truly during my trips now it takes me back to when he was alive and with me. He had much deeper issues than just his depression and sadly I firmly believe the psychedelics may have enhanced it for him- and thats not to say it will be that way for everyone.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Madame Psychosis and Livingvsdying25
chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
I'm tempted to try shrooms for pain, but I'll probably just be like... no still in pain. And then... oh my god look at my hands...!!! Or something.

I liked the McKenna quote, I think he's right we go back somewhere that isn't here. I am not sure about the details of that, but it's different to here which I like.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I feel like God forbid i have a bad trip ill be able to bring myself back. Although i don't have experience i am just confident in my ability to be able to soothe my mind.

The little experience I have, has taught me one thing, which is echoed by many very experienced users, and that is that it's almost impossible to control the effects of hallucinogens. Instead of trying to resist the effects, you should try to go with them.

So any tips for a first time trip???

Take a low dose. It's little known, but Terence McKenna, the guru of psychedelic users and possibly the most experienced user of all time, was scared shitless by a magic mushroom trip.

Good luck and let us know what your experience was like.

Last edited:
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
tripsit.me is a great resource to read through if you dont't already know about it

Also, if you still aren't feeling 100% the day of, always remember that there's no obligation for you to take anything. If you're surrounded by people who care about you they'll understand.

Reactions: Livingvsdying25 and Sensei
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
make sure you have somewhere comfortable where you know you won't be distracted by people who dont know you're tripping. you can change the mood with music, silence is good too. I think mainly dont have too many expectations and just be open to the experience

Reactions: Livingvsdying25 and Sensei
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Im probably going to i be trying them today. Ive have drank a little but nothing too strong or of even any effect really.

Taken benzo so feeling oretty mellowed out. All in all im really curious as to hwo itll effect me. Im looking forward to the experience.

Will maybe update this thread if at some point i feel like it but for sure gonna update on how it went after.

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Taken some maybe 2 hours ago. I feel effects but not much visuals or anything like that. Took the 2nd dose not too long ago and expect that to hit much harder so

So far great and only expecting better so

Reactions: Soul
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Taken some maybe 2 hours ago. I feel effects but not much visuals or anything like that. Took the 2nd dose not too long ago and expect that to hit much harder so

So far great and only expecting better so

Be careful. The benzos may lessen the effects, because I know they are used against bad trips. Have you tried lying down and closing your eyes? Even if you don't have any open-eye hallucinations, you may have closed-eye hallucinations.

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
It was a great time but def wasn't enough. wanted a more psychedelic experience. Was very euphoric tho. Looking forwrd to trying em again and really feeling it

Reactions: Soul, ReverendGreen, Sensei and 1 other person
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
It was a great time but def wasn't enough. wanted a more psychedelic experience. Was very euphoric tho. Looking forwrd to trying em again and really feeling it
Glad you had a good time! The first time I took shrooms I didn't really experience much other than some minor visuals when I had to go pee. It's likely that the benzos you took lessened some of the effects of the trip (but I have never taken benzos so I don't really kno).

Definitely make sure to space your trips out by a couple weeks at least so that you don't build up a tolerance or lose your mind.

chris8000

chris8000

Experienced
Dec 10, 2019
Yeah that not losing your mind bit is important to remember ;)

Reactions: ReverendGreen
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019
Glad you had a good time! The first time I took shrooms I didn't really experience much other than some minor visuals when I had to go pee. It's likely that the benzos you took lessened some of the effects of the trip (but I have never taken benzos so I don't really kno).

Definitely make sure to space your trips out by a couple weeks at least so that you don't build up a tolerance or lose your mind.

What? You don't really build up a tolerance. It takes about a week (or maybe less, that's just how long I left it) to flush it out.

Anecdotal, but once you're comfortable with the effects; I'd disregard all the advice about a positive mindset and trying to have a good trip. Try them when you feel you're at your darkest and intentionally have a "negative" experience. As long as you can remain aware on some level that you're tripping, there really is nothing to worry about. A bad trip is like a nightmare: It feels unpleasant at the time but can be really helpful in dealing with trauma. After I stopped, I was pretty mentally healthy for a good three years or so due to facing my demons (almost literally lol) but it's been many years since I've been able to get hold of the growkits as I don't trust any I haven't grown myself.

Again, this is just anecdotal and if you're just looking to get fucked up (there are way better things than mushrooms for that tbh, mdma is great for the euphoria and has lasting positivity), then yeah only do it with people you trust in a good mindset and comfortable setting. If you're heavily introspective, want to grow and aren't afraid, then it needs to be able to reflect the worst of you back at yourself.

If anyone is interested in trying something they haven't before, I heavily recommend Erowid - it has so much information on dosage, chemistry and legality. It really is a fantastic resource for any budding psychonaut.

ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
What? You don't really build up a tolerance. It takes about a week (or maybe less, that's just how long I left it) to flush it out.

Ah sorry, 'build up a tolerance' was the wrong phrase to use there. I should have just said that the effects wouldn't be as strong if you take it again in the following week. The "at least two weeks" part is mainly what I do to get my headspace back to normal before even thinking about tripping again.

Reactions: Finis Autem Spero