• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I'm not sure if I should because on reddit so many people are asking about a site where suicide isn't censored. I am grateful this site exists and want people struggling and alone to be able to talk safely. (I have directed suicidal people here, but thinking was it the right thing to do)

Same goes with a suicidal friend. She was suicidal I wanted to tell her about SS but I wasn't sure if she was 100 percent serious on suicide. I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way but I wasn't sure if she was going through something bad or she really was suicidal.

I'm also afraid this site going mainstream and then more people trying to take us down.

Can you guys give advice? Thank you.

Reactions: Georgii
E

EGR92

Student
Jul 4, 2020
I always kinda feel guilty telling people about this site incase they do use methods on here. Then it's partly down to me they committed suicide in a way. I just think people need to do their research. They'll soon find this site if they do, that's how i did anyway

Reactions: virginiawoolf86, Arvinneedstodie, KleinerWolf and 11 others
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I don't parade this site around because publicity is important and I don't want to give out an image of us encouraging people to join and kill themselves. That said if someone is specifically looking for resources on a method I may point them to here. As a general rule I'd say don't direct people here to talk about suicidal feelings, just direct them here if they want to talk about there method and actually killing themselves.

Reactions: Deleted member 14386, Bct, Folie and 4 others
parasytes_

parasytes_

Jul 14, 2020
I always kinda feel guilty telling people about this site incase they do use methods on here. Then it's partly down to me they committed suicide in a way. I just think people need to do their research. They'll soon find this site if they do, that's how i did anyway
Same. Like I sometimes browse the SuicideWatch subreddit and see people comment on how they wish there was safe space for them to talk about suicidal feelings with people who really understand, but I can't bring myself to tell them about this site. I think alot of the people on that subreddit are prone to impulse decisions since they tend to post when they experience a mental breakdown, so I don't want them to find this site and immediately try a method without calming down and thinking things through, you know?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mywill, Bct, Folie and 5 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Same. Like I sometimes browse the SuicideWatch subreddit and see people comment on how they wish there was safe space for them to talk about suicidal feelings with people who really understand, but I can't bring myself to tell them about this site. I think alot of the people on that subreddit are prone to impulse decisions since they tend to post when they experience a mental breakdown, so I don't want them to find this site and immediately try a method without calming down and thinking things through, you know?
That's a good way to think about it. I will remember it. Thank you.

Reactions: parasytes_
xBrialesana

xBrialesana

Become Dust With Me, My Love.
Dec 17, 2019
I wouldn't, personally. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't trust anybody on Reddit anymore. I found this website through endless searching and link after link after link and y'all have been a blessing to me. If others come across us, then they do and they were meant to the same way we all did. I'd not advertise on Reddit, though I know your intentions are good.

Reactions: voyager, Angina, lostangel and 5 others
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I wouldn't, personally. I understand where you're coming from, but I don't trust anybody on Reddit anymore. I found this website through endless searching and link after link after link and y'all have been a blessing to me. If others come across us, then they do and they were meant to the same way we all did. I'd not advertise on Reddit, though I know your intentions are good.
100% agree with you on this. Let the others find it by pure chance.

Reactions: Deleted member 19654, Red, BitterlyAlive and 1 other person
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
True. I found this place by coming across an article on hanging while looking for info on it. Perhaps that's the way it should be found.

Reactions: Mywill, Folie, Red and 1 other person
WastedSpace

WastedSpace

Jun 24, 2020
Reddit loooooves censorship and virtue signaling. I am surprised they haven't already started a petition to get this site shut down.

Reactions: Angina, lostangel, Folie and 1 other person
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
Reddit loooooves censorship and virtue signaling. I am surprised they haven't already started a petition to get this site shut down.
If cancel culture gets ahold of us, that's GG

Reactions: Folie
C

Campari

Jul 16, 2020
In my opinion better to not nominate this site...

Reactions: lostangel
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
No. The impulse driven issue is a big one. Second, sites like this do not do well with unfettered attenti9n. It's very easy to find here with a search engine search. With how reactionary society has become, especially recently, I promise you don't want 100k people on Twitter screaming about this place.

Reactions: lostangel, Bct, Folie and 4 others
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I don't refer suicidal people to this site. I just tell them "google how to kill yourself and tell me what you find". If they don't find ss, I tell them to keep searching. Simple.

Reactions: Angina, lostangel, roju and 1 other person
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
I don't refer suicidal people to this site. I just tell them "google how to kill yourself and tell me what you find". If they don't find ss, I tell them to keep searching. Simple.
I just tried googling that, and this site doesn't come up. I think it's by design that Google eliminates this site and similar ones from its search results. I found it when some other search term found an article on vice.com that mentioned this site by name.

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I just tried googling that, and this site doesn't come up. I think it's by design that Google eliminates this site and similar ones from its search results. I found it when some other search term found an article on vice.com that mentioned this site by name.

Which is why I often end up saying "keep searching".

Folie

Folie

Jul 14, 2020
Short answer? No.

Long answer? I think I'd have to know the person incredibly well to get to a point where I would educate them about this site. I found it on my own. I don't even remember how. I think I was googling suicide videos and it popped up in one of my searches. I just feel like I'd have to know them for a while and really get a feel for them. The last thing I wanna do is drive someone here in a manic or depressed state to make it worse when all they need is to calm down. For me (so far) this has actually helped me, and I'm sure it's helped others too, but we all come here knowing about the darker side because we're all thinking about ctb or already at least tried it and are recovering.

E

ebt88

Student
Jun 11, 2020
I don't go around advertising but i do tell people from time to time even on reddit. I think that's the prochoice thing to do.

D

Deleted member 14386

I am not advising anything
Jan 28, 2020
Short answer? No.

Long answer? I think I'd have to know the person incredibly well to get to a point where I would educate them about this site. I found it on my own. I don't even remember how. I think I was googling suicide videos and it popped up in one of my searches. I just feel like I'd have to know them for a while and really get a feel for them. The last thing I wanna do is drive someone here in a manic or depressed state to make it worse when all they need is to calm down. For me (so far) this has actually helped me, and I'm sure it's helped others too, but we all come here knowing about the darker side because we're all thinking about ctb or already at least tried it and are recovering.
This 100%, after my brother found my suicide note, said it's basically my choice, we didn't ask to be here but he would be devastated. That hit me hard.
He asked about the 'community' I mentioned that helped me in my final times. I couldn't not show him and he was actually very empathetic to everyone here, basically if you choose that you have the right to, but he was still sad. That just makes it harder though lol

roju

roju

Jul 2, 2020
If she really wants to off herself, she eventually will found this site on her own.

Reactions: Angina and HadEnough1974
Angina

Angina

>>AnginA<<
Jun 27, 2020
I found this site by myself, no hints and it wasn't hard. So no, I think you should not.

rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
You could tell people there is a site like this but they have to find it themselves. If they are serious, they will find it.