Deleted member 13227

Deleted member 13227

Good night
Dec 21, 2019
I have a appointment with a psychiatrist tomorrow and I want to be honest. I want to tell that I am suicidal but I don't want involuntary treatment.
Last time I was there they didn't take me seriously, maybe they will if I am honest about my Ctb plans.

one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
That could be a slippery slope. Have you seen this psychiatrist before? Do you trust them not to blow you in?

Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
If you genuinely want help you have to be honest. They can only help you with what you tell them. Just be straight and you'll get the help you need hopefully. Thoughts are with you and wish you luck with your meeting.

Reactions: Sensei, ghostspace and Lostandfound7
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
Hey Love..Yes, if u don't want to ctb, b very honest with the Dr regarding ur plans and if he/she doesn't take u seriously, find another therapist to speak to..plz keep us posted..♡

Reactions: Sensei, ghostspace and Suicide_vampire
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
Hey Love..Yes, if u don't want to ctb, b very honest with the Dr regarding ur plans and if he/she doesn't take u seriously, find another therapist to speak to..plz keep us posted..♡
^^

also want to add that you can agree to a safety contract where you just promise to stay safe until your next appointment (if you can, please be honest). that should keep you in control of what treatment you receive so they don't jump to extreme options.

Reactions: Sensei and Lostandfound7
HannahB

HannahB

Death is the true name of time.
Oct 29, 2019
It seems that's what you want so I'd say yes. But if your looking for an excuse to not just know you dont have to.
There is a difference between suicidal ideation and suicidal planning when it comes to the law and councilors. If you just say I feel like dying sometimes that's just seen as normal if you have a plan is when they advise you to seek treatment. Dependent on your location they cannot involuntary apprehend you, you have to agree. They can leverage and manipulate that with other things like jail if your hamring others. Just keep that in mind.

Last edited:
Deleted member 13227

Deleted member 13227

Good night
Dec 21, 2019
That could be a slippery slope. Have you seen this psychiatrist before? Do you trust them not to blow you in?

I have been there once and I was afraid to be honest so I just said that I had trouble falling asleep.
I don't no if I should trust them but I desperately need help.

one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
I have been there once and I was afraid to be honest so I just said that I had trouble falling asleep.
I don't no if I should trust them but I desperately need help.

Honesty is always good. But without knowing how they will react.. i can't honestly tell you what to do. Sorry if this is no help to you. Plus i also have no idea what health/mental care is like where you live. Different countries handle things differently.

Reactions: _Minsk
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
If you want help then being honest is your best route. Granted that might lead to some degree of hospitalization, but sometimes that is needed if you actually do want help.

if you really want to ctb talking about it with Therapist usually goes poorly.

Reactions: Sensei