D

DoingIt4ThemNotMe

Jul 15, 2019
I really can't decide and just need some advice on this. I fear it might weaken my resolve to ctb, but I don't want to leave without a reason. Also, should I wait till next morning and much later or do it as quick as possible? Will my resolve be weakened if I delay it or should I set a date for myself?

bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
You answered your own question, "I don't want to leave without a reason", so leave a note ;)

Reactions: bath salts
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
If you are going to leave a note, I would suggest to not make it too long, but also get to your points and reasoning. There is no way to fully take away the pain to those left behind, but there is a way to mitigate it somehow. What they feel like or react afterwards is out of your control (not that it would relevant as you would already be gone), but that's just something to consider. As far as weakening your resolve, I can't really answer that as I don't know your situation fully. I suppose it depends on your attitude towards finality and closure.

L

lella78

Jun 19, 2019
I think it is necessary to leave a not. the ones who are left behind will have at least some words which will not be able to delete the pain, but at least few lines. moreover, a suicide can seem a homicide sometimes, so i think it is also useful to avoid even more problems to the ones left behind.

TheBlackSwordsman

TheBlackSwordsman

Student
Apr 24, 2019
It depends on the reason. I think for many of us, a note symbolizes our hopes that our loved ones would be understanding enough that they would be able to come to terms with our choice, but the reality is that will never be. If we thought our explanations would really help, we would just tell them while we are still alive, not wait until we are gone. To me, a note doesnt remove the questions, it only changes the questions.

• Wow
Reactions: not_good_enough and theboy
T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
I see they are now banned, so I guess they finalized an answer. As for my note, I wrote it back in March and have since edited it way down since the point would have been lost in 7 pages.

GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
I really can't decide and just need some advice on this. I fear it might weaken my resolve to ctb, but I don't want to leave without a reason. Also, should I wait till next morning and much later or do it as quick as possible? Will my resolve be weakened if I delay it or should I set a date for myself?
Yes write a note, if you can't write a note without choosing to end it then your not ready to CTB.