• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
I can't handle continuing to work, but I need insurance and money. I would only make about $1,000 per month from survivor benefits if I quit, and that isn't exactly an option. I also wouldn't have insurance if I quit, but this job has been taking all of my energy in the year since I started. I can't keep doing this. I've lost interest in the things I love all because of this soul-crushing bullshit.

As it is, I'm planning to call in Wednesday to avoid getting my picture taken. I can't take this anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: endless_pain, WaitingToGo and CTB Dream
Rock0Dial

Rock0Dial

Oct 7, 2022
I was just thinking about the same thing today as I had the day off due to construction in the office. I don't know all the details about your situation but from personal experience and a history of either being overworked or desperately unemployed I can say they both suck. When I'm overworked I feel like I have no sense of self as I too don't have time to do the things I enjoy, however I do have money so when I do have a little time, at least I'm not stressed. The times I've up and quit, there's about a day of relief as I ambitiously imagine what new things I can create with my newfound free time. This is short lived as the doom and panic of bills start to creep up on me and I can't enjoy any of my free time because it's filled with stress. Every time I try to do something I used to enjoy I just think "these are hours I could be working to pay my rent".

Currenlty I'm trying to find a job that pays the same as my current gig and is less stressful, in order to be able to have and enjoy the time I'm not working. I feel like balance is the key, but the universe seems to have a cruel ultimatum up it's sleeve with every move I make to try to balance the scale of time/money. I've come to the realization that there's only two possible ways out of this dilemma, hitting the lottery or a forever nap. One is more likely than the other.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Decided98, ever so lonely and CTB Dream
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I was just thinking about the same thing today as I had the day off due to construction in the office. I don't know all the details about your situation but from personal experience and a history of either being overworked or desperately unemployed I can say they both suck. When I'm overworked I feel like I have no sense of self as I too don't have time to do the things I enjoy, however I do have money so when I do have a little time, at least I'm not stressed. The times I've up and quit, there's about a day of relief as I ambitiously imagine what new things I can create with my newfound free time. This is short lived as the doom and panic of bills start to creep up on me and I can't enjoy any of my free time because it's filled with stress. Every time I try to do something I used to enjoy I just think "these are hours I could be working to pay my rent".

Currenlty I'm trying to find a job that pays the same as my current gig and is less stressful, in order to be able to have and enjoy the time I'm not working. I feel like balance is the key, but the universe seems to have a cruel ultimatum up it's sleeve with every move I make to try to balance the scale of time/money. I've come to the realization that there's only two possible ways out of this dilemma, hitting the lottery or a forever nap. One is more likely than the other.
The thing is, what I do is the easiest job in the world. I just have a really low stress tolerance and find myself bursting into tears on most days.

• Hugs
Reactions: Yavannah, Kodokushi and CTB Dream
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Could you reduce your hours working there?

Kodokushi

Kodokushi

Falling...into the abyss...
Apr 19, 2023
Please try to look for a different job before you quit. Unfortunately you don't know what happens in the future, so there can always be a situation when you'll desperately need money or use that insurance, but won't be able to. Better to be safe, you know? If there's a way you can take days off or a vacation leave (I think that's the term?) - absolutely do so and give yourself some rest

I wish you well. Working sucks ass šŸ˜©

Reactions: Georg and Das Nichts
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
Working in general or walking into a office ? You could look into part time work from home (data entry etc.)

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Please try to look for a different job before you quit. Unfortunately you don't know what happens in the future, so there can always be a situation when you'll desperately need money or use that insurance, but won't be able to. Better to be safe, you know? If there's a way you can take days off or a vacation leave (I think that's the term?) - absolutely do so and give yourself some rest

I wish you well. Working sucks ass šŸ˜©
I don't have the option to get another job, because I can't drive. I'm only able to have the job that I have because I work alongside my older sister.
Working in general or walking into a office ? You could look into part time work from home (data entry etc.)
I work in a lab and work at a computer all day, and the environment that I work in gets really overwhelming, especially since I used to live a hikikomori lifestyle before I got my job. Part time work isn't an option for me because I need health insurance, and there's nothing that I could do from home that anyone would pay me for anyway. I'm bad at everything that I try.

• Aww..
Reactions: Kodokushi
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
No, don't quit. Being broke and unable to meet your basic needs is even worse imo than not having time to enjoy life. I absolutely love my job and I have the same problem...no energy left. But I'd rather ctb than be without all the comforts it provides.
Did you try MDMA therapy? or ketamine? I'm considering it too.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I mean, if you're planning on ctb and have insurance, I'd say no. Just proceed as planned.

ever so lonely

ever so lonely

terry joseph williams
Apr 17, 2022
i hear you op, it is very valid too, i have walked out on many a position and role over the years, as long as you have some muns saved up and wont starve, your ok, so you have any savings maybe ?, investments ?, is it possible for you to go the self employed route ?, or find a side hussle/gig ?, personally i have never enjoyed working for others, never felt fulfilled, in the slightest and hated the responsibilities and obligations that come with full time employment, of course this is made that much worse if you work as part of a team where you are unliked, or dont value or like those you work with, yet are forced to rub shoulders with, and interact with on the daily, lets be reals your working for peanuts for companies you seldom care about, your easily replaced, and easily forgotten, such is modern captialist depressing culture, is it a wonder so many of us are contemplating taking our own lives, for me work has been nothing but a source of utter misery my whole life, and living paycheck to paycheck, regardless of the sector, i feel not enough people listen to this, or take it seriously, what with work related suicides going largely under reported, we dont even know how widespread work related misery is, how many feel trapped in there current positions as you describe ?, if you can i would urge you to try your hand at self employment if possible, maybe set up a buying/selling buisness from home, there is so many avenues of generating income nowdays heck even twitch live game streamers can earn some dosh, i feel your pain my friend, this rat race hampster wheel isnt for everybody, nor was it intended to be i feel, and some of us no longer even care about working for survival either, as you said there, it is understandable, as you said sooner just die, why contribute to a system that leaves many of us undervalued and underwhelmed under paid, and vastly overworked.

Last edited:
Reactions: endless_pain
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
No, don't quit. Being broke and unable to meet your basic needs is even worse imo than not having time to enjoy life. I absolutely love my job and I have the same problem...no energy left. But I'd rather ctb than be without all the comforts it provides.
Did you try MDMA therapy? or ketamine? I'm considering it too.
MDMA therapy isn't legal where I live, and ketamine is completely out of the question. It's not just about not having time to enjoy life; I don't have the ability to enjoy anything because of my job. It saps all of my mental energy and leaves me breaking down in tears constantly.
I mean, if you're planning on ctb and have insurance, I'd say no. Just proceed as planned.
I want to catch the bus, but I'm currently not able to, so I'm trying to make the best of things, but I have no energy at any given moment.

• Aww..
Reactions: Source Energy
N

never mind me

Student
Nov 7, 2022
Can you get sick leave for mental health issues? Assuming you could then still get money and keep the insurance.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
Can you get sick leave for mental health issues? Assuming you could then still get money and keep the insurance.
We don't have leave. My only option would be to take days off, but I can only get down to -40 hours of PTO, and I currently have -17. You also have to give at least 2 days of notice in order to take time off.

I think part of why I'm so stressed now and why I'm having so much trouble handling this is that we're having a company town hall meeting tomorrow, and I have to get my picture taken since I'm getting a plaque for hitting one year. I can't stand getting my picture taken, because I hate my body.

I spent yesterday going back and forth between crying from being overwhelmed and being able to calm down by reading BL manga while working. BL is soothing to me in a way that almost nothing else is, so I'm gonna be watching a BL anime today to try and keep calm. I'm just worried about tomorrow. I'm gonna ask if I can just not have my picture taken, but I don't know if that'll work.

Worst case scenario, I can just call in tomorrow or come in late so that I don't have to go to the meeting and get my picture taken.

• Hugs
Reactions: msocks
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
i hear you op, it is very valid too, i have walked out on many a position and role over the years, as long as you have some muns saved up and wont starve, your ok, so you have any savings maybe ?, investments ?, is it possible for you to go the self employed route ?, or find a side hussle/gig ?, personally i have never enjoyed working for others, never felt fulfilled, in the slightest and hated the responsibilities and obligations that come with full time employment, of course this is made that much worse if you work as part of a team where you are unliked, or dont value or like those you work with, yet are forced to rub shoulders with, and interact with on the daily, lets be reals your working for peanuts for companies you seldom care about, your easily replaced, and easily forgotten, such is modern captialist depressing culture, is it a wonder so many of us are contemplating taking our own lives, for me work has been nothing but a source of utter misery my whole life, and living paycheck to paycheck, regardless of the sector, i feel not enough people listen to this, or take it seriously, what with work related suicides going largely under reported, we dont even know how widespread work related misery is, how many feel trapped in there current positions as you describe ?, if you can i would urge you to try your hand at self employment if possible, maybe set up a buying/selling buisness from home, there is so many avenues of generating income nowdays heck even twitch live game streamers can earn some dosh, i feel your pain my friend, this rat race hampster wheel isnt for everybody, nor was it intended to be i feel, and some of us no longer even care about working for survival either, as you said there, it is understandable, as you said sooner just die, why contribute to a system that leaves many of us undervalued and underwhelmed under paid, and vastly overworked.
Exactly what I mean for too. I cannot stand the thought of working just for someone else and for survival. At some point it is not a matter of money to live a bit, but the freedom to live following your values. Like for me it is to work for myself, although I struggle to trust my self and go ahead. I quit my job, could not stand the stress and rat race trap a day more in fact.

Last edited: