• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

“Leaving this world is not as scary as it sounds.”
Mar 3, 2019
I didn't get any helpful information from reddit, so I thought I'd post this here. I know that donating organs is damn near impossible if you don't die in a hospital bed on life support. I've tried contacting transplant centers in my state for living kidney donation but I've been turned down (I'm 19, need to be 21) or simply haven't been called back, so I've given up on that. By sheer happenstance, I was called as match mere months after signing up for bone marrow donation. I waited 2 months after sending my blood work in only to have them tell me the patient's doctor was no longer interested in a transplant.

At this point, I just want to make sure that my body is found quickly so it can be used for tissue/cornea donation. I opted into organ donation when I got my license, so is that sufficient to insure that this happens? I'm going the inert gas route, so how do I make sure my body is found quickly enough but not too quickly?

Alternatively, I'm considering just donating my whole body to science. Can my body become a cadaver after tissue is harvested and banked or are the two mutually exclusive? In the end, what option would likely bring the most benefit to the most people?

P.S.
Please don't tell me how my best option is to stay alive and how I could help so many more people by staying alive. Just assume I am dead.

• Love
Reactions: AngelGirl, Kjo, dark_thoughts and 1 other person
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

Mar 3, 2019
I suppose I'm not getting any replies here. I understand that no one probably knows how to answer my questions. Thanks anyway.

Reactions: Kjo
B

Brainpain

chronic pain
Jun 14, 2019
Depends on the rules for whole body donation at your local research centre. I too want to donate my body to medical research after I'm gone. However they will not take bodies that have any real trauma or are suicides which is stupid. Other places may be different. Google whole body donation and where you live and you might find out if that's something you can do.
This is from the university of Ottawa's whole body donation program website as an example. It's the only program on Ottawa. I am only using Ottawa as an example and do not live there.
Although bodies donated to the University of Ottawa are usually accepted, the Division of Clinical and Functional Anatomy reserves the right to refuse a body. This decision is seriously considered, but in certain circumstances it is not possible to accept a body; therefore, we recommend that suitable alternative arrangements be made prior to death.

Some of the possible reasons for refusal of a body include:

Contagious disease
Death by accident involving major trauma, or by suicide
A body upon which an autopsy has been performed
Space limitation in the Anatomy Division

Reactions: xXSarac3nSlay3rXx
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

Mar 3, 2019
Depends on the rules for whole body donation at your local research centre. I too want to donate my body to medical research after I'm gone. However they will not take bodies that have any real trauma or are suicides which is stupid. Other places may be different. Google whole body donation and where you live and you might find out if that's something you can do.
This is from the university of Ottawa's whole body donation program website as an example. It's the only program on Ottawa. I am only using Ottawa as an example and do not live there.
Although bodies donated to the University of Ottawa are usually accepted, the Division of Clinical and Functional Anatomy reserves the right to refuse a body. This decision is seriously considered, but in certain circumstances it is not possible to accept a body; therefore, we recommend that suitable alternative arrangements be made prior to death.

Some of the possible reasons for refusal of a body include:

Contagious disease
Death by accident involving major trauma, or by suicide
A body upon which an autopsy has been performed
Space limitation in the Anatomy Division
So I looked up my state's donor program and they don't mention suicide as a criterion for acceptance. They do, however, specify that they can refuse the body for any reason, so they very well could in the case of a suicide. In order to fill out the form, I would need a witness and I feel that may raise suspicions.

It would honestly just be easier to arrange for tissue donation. I signed up when I got my license, so that's already taken care of. My tissue can be stored for later use as long as the process is started within 24 hours. I just have to make sure my body is found relatively quickly. Is there any good way to posthumously notify the authorities of my death? Thanks for your help!

M

Meg

Jun 24, 2019
I suppose I'm not getting any replies here. I understand that no one probably knows how to answer my questions. Thanks anyway.
I'd like to know too. I pre-registered for full body donation to 3 companies but I don't know if they will take me if I die from drugs. Also, it may take up to 2 days to be found. I'm going to crank the AC up as high as possible but again, I can't really find the answers about decay. I've left instructions for my family to call the donation places afterwards but I won't really know the answers. I don't want to flag myself by calling and asking.

• Love
Reactions: xXSarac3nSlay3rXx and Kjo
Kjo

Kjo

Student
Jun 7, 2019
Thank you for your post. I realize now I should give up a kidney and that there are other good things I can do before I ctb. I really appreciate the perspective.

Sorry I'm not helpful and I hope you find peace, whatever way that is. Much love and support.

Reactions: xXSarac3nSlay3rXx
xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

Mar 3, 2019
Thank you for your post. I realize now I should give up a kidney and that there are other good things I can do before I ctb. I really appreciate the perspective.

Sorry I'm not helpful and I hope you find peace, whatever way that is. Much love and support.
By all means, do it if you can. In my experience it was a major pain in the ass and I ended up getting nowhere. You have to be 21 in order to perform an anonymous donation and I don't know anyone who needs one. Maybe I shouldn't have given up so easily, but I exhausted every transplant center within a reasonable distance.

They make you jump through as many hoops as possible because they want to ensure your wellbeing. I wish I could have told them that I wasn't concerned for my own wellbeing, but that obviously wouldn't had gone over well. For all I care, they could strap me to a table, knock me out, and harvest every last organ from my body.

It's no problem, I understand this is a topic that I doubt any of us are experts in. I can't exactly contact organdonor.gov and ask for advice in donating after a suicide. I hope you find peace as well.
I'd like to know too. I pre-registered for full body donation to 3 companies but I don't know if they will take me if I die from drugs. Also, it may take up to 2 days to be found. I'm going to crank the AC up as high as possible but again, I can't really find the answers about decay. I've left instructions for my family to call the donation places afterwards but I won't really know the answers. I don't want to flag myself by calling and asking.
If you won't be found for up to 2 days, full body donation might not be an option. From the cursory research I've done it seems that your body must be found within a matter of hours for most organizations to accept you.

I have no idea if drugs render your body invalid though. Most programs I've looked at just won't take bodies that have sustained makor trauma. As long as you don't go deepthroating a Mossberg, you'll probably be alright on that front. Best of luck in your endeavors!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjo
riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
Theres two methods I can think of if you want to combine suicide and organ donation.

(the ice preserves the body after death)

Either that or taking a gun to the hospital and shoot yourself in an operating room.

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

xXSarac3nSlay3rXx

Mar 3, 2019
Theres two methods I can think of if you want to combine suicide and organ donation.

(the ice preserves the body after death)

Either that or taking a gun to the hospital and shoot yourself in an operating room.

From what I understand, the method in that movie isn't realistic in the slightest. As far as I know, blood and oxygen must be kept moving through one's body in order to ensure that organs are viable for transplant; ice alone doesn't cut it. I've resigned to making sure my body is found relatively quickly so I can still donate my corneas and other tissues. There's much more leeway for that kind of donation.

The gun in a hospital scenario seems like it has potential to go wrong too. I'm pretty sure that doctors need to know that you'll die in order to be prepared. Anyway, that would be an awfully traumatic scene for some people. Splattering the wall with my brains leaves cleanup for someone too. My preferred method at this point is the exit bag because it doesn't leave a messy scene.

Last edited: