FERAL_FRENZY

FERAL_FRENZY

Legionnaire <3
Apr 18, 2024
Are shoelaces a good substitute for rope? I've heard of people successfully hanging themselves with those. I have a relatively new pair of sneakers with laces that aren't that worn. They seem durable enough to hold my weight, but I think they'll need to be tied differently from regular rope due to their thinness. I'd also probably need something to ensure that pressure is properly applied to my carotid arteries once the laces go on my neck. Any tips or sources are appreciated, especially if they come with step-by-step guides.

Plato'sCaveDweller

Plato'sCaveDweller

Sleep is good, death is better.
Sep 2, 2024
if you're really that desperate, I wouldn't recommend trying. A strong double braided polyester rope is like $20-30 USD. A shoelace rope could break, and if it doesn't it'll be very painful due to how thin the width is. I do not recommend it even for partial.

Reactions: 1488
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Yeah, that's the kind of thing people resort to in prisons and mental institutions because they're so desperate. How do you know they'll hold your weight? They'd be better for partial, and they'd still be bad.

Reactions: 1488
A

Aprilfarewell4

Wizard
Apr 9, 2024
If it's all you have it's all you have

Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
Really don't recommend this because it wouldn't support body weight and might not even be long enough

Old

Old

Student
Apr 25, 2024
It can work, but very unlikely. Not enough pressure and slip