TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Ugh, here is yet another thread of shitty pro-lifers in the reply/comments sections of that person's thread. In short, the OP of that thread suffered over a long period of time (many months) and would likely suffer further more (years perhaps) with no reasonable expectation of recovery. He has been through quite a lot and the disgusting amount of comments encouraging him to live. The poor guy also did a jumping attempt and somehow, he survived but with many additional injuries, including a broken leg and then being subjected to prison treatment (locked in a psych ward) for the failed attempt.

I would reckon the guy is probably saying that he is glad to be alive only to pacify and to put those who are concerned for his well-being, welfare at ease. I would assume that deep down inside, and over the long period of time, he wishes that he had succeeded during that attempt. See, one thing that most people don't take into consideration when they claim that most people regret suicide and are happy to be alive, are not necessarily regretting that they failed and are able to get better, but they regret not succeeding because after their attempt, their lives are often worse as a result of it (psych ward prisoner treatment, ostracization and stigma from society as well as their peers, additional hefty medical bills (including the psych ward stay/hold), loss of career prospects and opportunities (due to there being a record), and last but not least, loss of certain rights and privileges - in the US, the right to legally possess a firearm.). So in short, in order to pacify and to get out, these patients 'lie' in order to avoid the consequences of an involuntary stay and any other additional consequences and punishments levied against them.

Reactions: freefrommybody, Escape Artist, BobbyPellitt and 4 others
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Pro-lifers out there. We can't stop them all. However, this is our home. We can stop them here.

• Hugs
Reactions: freefrommybody, Fragile, StillWaiting and 7 others
Blue Moon

Blue Moon

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.
Dec 11, 2019
I think if you go to a site like reddit to say you're gonna kill yourself that sounds like a cry for help to me.

in the US, the right to legally possess a firearm.
I never even considered that, depending on the choices I make, that right could be deprived of me. Guess I have to research that. I find guns scary and have worried that if I owned one I would be tempted to off myself with it on a particularly bad day, but I can't predict the future, so maybe I will want or need one some point.

Last edited:
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
Stupidest Comment?
"There are ups and downs in everyone's life. But one thing is for sure, we all just keep going up"
I want whatever that commenter just snorted!

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: freefrommybody, Morphosis, TearyEyedQueen and 5 others
Blue Moon

Blue Moon

Truth is, the game was rigged from the start.
Dec 11, 2019
Stupidest Comment?
"There are ups and downs in everyone's life. But one thing is for sure, we all just keep going up"
I want whatever that commenter just snorted!
That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard lmao. Talk about delusional.

Reactions: freefrommybody, waterbottleman, StillWaiting and 4 others
Death.

Death.

Student
Jan 5, 2019
Pro-lifers out there. We can't stop them all. However, this is our home. We can stop them here.
Absolutely.

I have also held the view that every man is capable of suicide, it is merely a question of how much pain they have experienced in life. Surely evey living creature has limits and a breaking point.

Reactions: freefrommybody, jupiterinherhairdrop, WhyIsLife56 and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Absolutely.

I have also held the view that every man is capable of suicide, it is merely a question of how much pain they have experienced in life. Surely evey living creature has limits and a breaking point.

Yes, very true about the limits and breaking points. Each human being has limits and breaking points and not two individuals are the same. Some people may stomach all the pain, but for another, it may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Reactions: NoIdeaForAName and Death.
F

forever21

Student
Oct 19, 2019
I think if you go to a site like reddit to say you're gonna kill yourself that sounds like a cry for help to me
It depends on the subreddit tho. If you go to r/suicide watch any activism is prohibited.
If you post a goodbye thread, most people will write something like "hug", "wish you well".
Similar to those kind of threads like here.
They can share their story anonymously like some people do here bevore ctb.
This person posted on another subreddit and received pro-life answers which is normal in every other subreddit than suicide watch.

Reactions: freefrommybody