• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

funkyratlad

funkyratlad

huh
Feb 27, 2020
Just as an fyi, I'm not intending on using these to commit suicide, but I didn't find a separate topic where I could post self harm related threads, or where it would be more fitting. so I'm sorry if it's not appropriate to the suicide topic. anyway, I threw away all of the pencil sharpeners months ago, I don't have a disposable razor blade, and using a kitchen knife would be too unsanitary for me as other people will be using them and that's like spitting on someone's food before giving it to them lmao. anyone have any other items they have used to do this successfully??

• Hugs
Reactions: Hopeindeath!
R

ronigail9

Student
Oct 5, 2019
The inside of a little metal or plastic handheld pencil sharpener. Simply unscrew the blade
The inside of a little metal or plastic handheld pencil sharpener. Simply unscrew the blade
Can you find them at dollar store?

Reactions: funkyratlad
funkyratlad

funkyratlad

huh
Feb 27, 2020

Can you find them at dollar store?
sadly I don't live alone and my family might get suspicious if I just buy a bunch of sharpeners all of the sudden. I might be able to go to the dollar store anyway, that's where I got my last ones that I threw out. I'll probably just hide them as best as I can

M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
Can't you just buy blades at a store? They're sharp and cheap.

B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I've used kitchen knives. Oops didn't even think of sanitation but I always wash
Box cutters are my best friend

M

maybepossiblyithink

Oct 22, 2020
If you have a nail-clipping kit thing they sometimes come with little scissors that are pretty sharp.
I've used a disposable razor but it wasn't easy

opiatedreamz

opiatedreamz

no-life king
Oct 31, 2020
i suppose kitchen knives. thumb tacks or push pins, maybe. staples. those last 2 you'd have to really go hard with, i'd think, though.

bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Please, if you can, disinfect your skin beforehand, along with whatever implement you use

Reactions: funkyratlad and opiatedreamz
painoflife

painoflife

Arcanist
Jul 27, 2019
If you arent planning to cut too deep then there are plenty of things if you get imaginative.
It doesn't have to be metal and I have used plastic many times (when desperate in MH ward). Used to break up biros by closing doors on them and use the shards of brittle plastic which can get pretty sharp. Used hair clips snapped up. Metal bobby pins if you scrape the plastic coating off to reveal sharp ends. Sometimes I would "sharpen" things with emery boards if it wasn't as good as I was needing. Even snapped an old toothbrush up to get something sharp enough to hurt myself with.
I realise this all makes me sound pretty sad and desperate but I guess being in a situation where you feel the need to do that will push anyone to extreme lengths.
Of course the most important thing is to make sure whatever you use is clean and any wounds are kept clean or seen by a professional if needed.

Reactions: funkyratlad and maybepossiblyithink
M

maybepossiblyithink

Oct 22, 2020
If you arent planning to cut too deep then there are plenty of things if you get imaginative.
It doesn't have to be metal and I have used plastic many times (when desperate in MH ward). Used to break up biros by closing doors on them and use the shards of brittle plastic which can get pretty sharp. Used hair clips snapped up. Metal bobby pins if you scrape the plastic coating off to reveal sharp ends. Sometimes I would "sharpen" things with emery boards if it wasn't as good as I was needing. Even snapped an old toothbrush up to get something sharp enough to hurt myself with.
I realise this all makes me sound pretty sad and desperate but I guess being in a situation where you feel the need to do that will push anyone to extreme lengths.
Of course the most important thing is to make sure whatever you use is clean and any wounds are kept clean or seen by a professional if needed.
Bringing up the fingernail kit again, some fingernail clippers have a sort of dull nail-file thing in them. I used to scratch myself with it when I was desperate. It doesn't cut deep, but it does leave a mark and tears skin a bit. It helped with sudden urges.