Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Are you badly hurt?

Reactions: Lara Francis, Broken, Dead Meat and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Are you able to care for yourself and clean your wounds? If not, just put a clean cloth over for now and try and make a warm drink and eat something like a biscuit xx

Reactions: Lara Francis, Broken, Dead Meat and 3 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Did you go to deep, or are you new to self harm? If you went to deep, check precisely how deep. If you reached fat, you should go to the hospital as that requires stiches for sure. Cutting actually calms me down personally, so I'm guessing as to why you're shaking after cutting.

Reactions: Lara Francis, odette, Made4TV and 1 other person
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
Self harmed and cant stop shaking !
If it helps try to find a rubberband and flick it against your arms as a replacement from the cutting. I do this and flick it as hard as I can every time I think about harming myself.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, stellabelle, Lara Francis and 2 others
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Please check in when you wake up... worried about you.

Reactions: Lara Francis and Circles
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Please check in when you wake up... worried about you.
Hi.
I am awake , i fell asleep and had stopped shaking and haluiating when i came to.
I wish i could stop doing this because the relief i get from doing it gets harder to obtain and the severity of the cuts increase along with the areas i use.The cuts over both wrists are fairly superficial.i had to put a bandage on to stop the bleeding and am yet to clean them as they are too sore.
I had to make an appointment with the gp today as check up due for both antidepressents and diabetic meds.i just hope they dont want to take my blood pressure because both arms are now a mess.i feel so stupid right now xx
Thankfully the app is not until next week.

Reactions: Circles and odette
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Hi.
I am awake , i fell asleep and had stopped shaking and haluiating when i came to.
I wish i could stop doing this because the relief i get from doing it gets harder to obtain and the severity of the cuts increase along with the areas i use.The cuts over both wrists are fairly superficial.i had to put a bandage on to stop the bleeding and am yet to clean them as they are too sore.
I had to make an appointment with the gp today as check up due for both antidepressents and diabetic meds.i just hope they dont want to take my blood pressure because both arms are now a mess.i feel so stupid right now xx
Thankfully the app is not until next week.
I'm glad you're physically ok (ish). I'm sorry...wish there something I could do to help.

Reactions: Circles and Lara Francis
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Did you go to deep, or are you new to self harm? If you went to deep, check precisely how deep. If you reached fat, you should go to the hospital as that requires stiches for sure. Cutting actually calms me down personally, so I'm guessing as to why you're shaking after cutting.
Hi.
I have been self harming now for a couple of years.i have never experienced those effects before though.i cut a few days ago too but the total blood loss was not significant,so i dont know.!
What i do know is that it is getting too dangerous now.i thought i had cut through nerves before because my arm was not working and i vowed not to do it again - i wish it was that simple to stop.

Reactions: 21Neberg and Circles
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I was really relieved to see your post that you are ok - well ok ish. Try and just look after yourself for now, as you would your boy, be gentle - warm drinks and tlc.

If you wear a tight fitting polo neck top that you can't roll the sleeves up, they usually do your blood pressure over the top of the sleeve. I do this otherwise they squeak at me for being thin! The bp cuff is fine round a tight fit top

As for stopping, it's really hard. Especially when you've been through so much recently. When you get the urge try and distract yourself by holding a hot drink in your hands or an ice cube. I know it's not the same but if you can beat the urge a certain number of times you can crack it xxxx

I like the idea @Circles had too about the rubber band xx

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Meat and Circles
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I was really relieved to see your post that you are ok - well ok ish. Try and just look after yourself for now, as you would your boy, be gentle - warm drinks and tlc.

If you wear a tight fitting polo neck top that you can't roll the sleeves up, they usually do your blood pressure over the top of the sleeve. I do this otherwise they squeak at me for being thin! The bp cuff is fine round a tight fit top

As for stopping, it's really hard. Especially when you've been through so much recently. When you get the urge try and distract yourself by holding a hot drink in your hands or an ice cube. I know it's not the same but if you can beat the urge a certain number of times you can crack it xxxx

I like the idea @Circles had too about the rubber band xx
Thhankyou.you are very kind to me xx

Reactions: ReadyasEver and Circles
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Thhankyou.you are very kind to me xx

You've been through a lot and need to know people are here to support you xx

Try and have a nice bath and wrap up in something cosy xx have you got some food you like in? I know it's hard to eat when you are so stressed but it's important especially with your health xx

Reactions: Dead Meat and Circles
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Wear a long-sleeved tight-fitting shirt. They'll take your blood pressure right over it if they use a machine which most do.

Reactions: Circles and Lara Francis
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
You've been through a lot and need to know people are here to support you xx

Try and have a nice bath and wrap up in something cosy xx have you got some food you like in? I know it's hard to eat when you are so stressed but it's important especially with your health xx
Yes,i am under the duvet watching tv.
I am the worst diabetic with regards to eating but just had cheese crumpets and a creme egg xx

Reactions: Circles and Made4TV
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Yes,i am under the duvet watching tv.
I am the worst diabetic with regards to eating but just had cheese crumpets and a creme egg xx

That sounds comfy at least :-) cheese crumpets sound delicious! I like cheese muffins - though I am terrible for putting tons of butter on! I also like bagels

Reactions: Dead Meat, Lara Francis, Circles and 1 other person
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Hi.
I have been self harming now for a couple of years.i have never experienced those effects before though.i cut a few days ago too but the total blood loss was not significant,so i dont know.!
What i do know is that it is getting too dangerous now.i thought i had cut through nerves before because my arm was not working and i vowed not to do it again - i wish it was that simple to stop.

Your 'arm didn't work'? That's extremely serious. If that's still the case, you definitely need medical help to prevent long-term issues.

Reactions: Lara Francis
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Your 'arm didn't work'? That's extremely serious. If that's still the case, you definitely need medical help to prevent long-term issues.
I agree xx

Reactions: 21Neberg