dazednconfused

dazednconfused

could i be an angel?
Oct 8, 2024
hi um i hope this isn't controversial or anything and if it is the post can be taken down lol.

does anyone here have experience or know about safe for work age regression as a coping mechanism? its one thing i find myself going to something when i get extremely stressed, i have trouble going through my journals sometimes because i can see how i start in a 'big' or 'adult' headspace, and then as it goes on the writing kinda derails and the sentence structure changes, i add more little drawings, and sometimes its really sad because it feels like looking at a little kid trying to navigate big feelings on their own, even though im not a kid anymore..

regression for me is really just triggers from my life making me go back to a more 'kid' headspace, its like disassociation in a way, i'm almost sort of aware of my childlike behavior sometimes SOMETIMES but usually in either case, its like the part of my brain that can think 'big' and communicate properly is either half shut off to me, or just not rly there. (words get stuck in my throat, concepts become blurry to me to understand that i previously could grasp fine.. i know that i know them, but its like blocked off..? self imposed ig..? its weird lol and i usually have to force myself out of it if im in a certain environment like in front of my mom if she says something triggering or at school etc. that can be kinda hard...)

i had trouble at college in my english class a few days ago (day before i bought my SN and stuff for CTB...) and i could not focus or stand it, i kept crying and drawing in my little journal i bring for comfort and my teacher had asked me a question of if i was okay and i tried to respond and oh my gosh my words just fumbled and came out all stumbly and childish... i have a stutter too, regularly, so you can imagine... he just looked at me and was like okay well if you need anything let me know and i just nodded. he is disabled (partially blind) so maybe, ofc agere isnt a disability, but maybe he could understand the lack of control or struggle to communicate...

anyways idk just thinking about it.

this is not to be confused with ageplay the nsfw stuff. this is not that.. this is like, regressing into a younger headspace due to triggers, or to cope with difficult situations and trauma. idk if this is a REAL thing or anything studied idk sorry i just have this experience..
maybe being groomed has something to do with it.. lol i was talking to some older guy who ig would send kinda weird stuff nd like baby me and stuff a lot since i was like uhhh 13 or 12 or something.. im 18 now and we stopped talking when i was 16... he is still around online, i can reach out to him at any time and i try my hardest not to aaa

4a6ba044b456bb0e74b1b71751b267ee

• Hugs
Reactions: ruru_241, TenThousandTrees and Kiiiishore
remluvr

remluvr

Trying to Find Forever peace.
Jun 17, 2024
I haven't experienced anything like this BUT I have heard of people doing it to cope with things like PTSD and other mental illnesses it seems to give people comfort.

I hope it helps you in someway know you're not alone <3

• Love
Reactions: dazednconfused
dazednconfused

dazednconfused

could i be an angel?
Oct 8, 2024
I haven't experienced anything like this BUT I have heard of people doing it to cope with things like PTSD and other mental illnesses it seems to give people comfort.

I hope it helps you in someway know you're not alone <3
ofcc haha thank u,, it does help.. i thought id bring it up in case it wasnt a topic here already and anyone else was struggling and using it to cope :')

• Hugs
Reactions: remluvr
TenThousandTrees

TenThousandTrees

The ocean washed over your grave
Aug 25, 2024
I used to do this a bit in the past, just dress up in comfy "childish" clothing, hug my plushies, and self-sooth by talking to myself with my "inner-child" voice.

Definitely not a super uncommon way to deal with stress or trauma I think 🤗

futurebuscatcher

futurebuscatcher

Cat Connoisseur
Sep 15, 2024
I only know a bit about it however there is nothing wrong with this. It's a good healthy coping mechanism so long as it's not overused (like any other coping mechanism) and you know that it's not a good idea to be sexual with it.

Have fun op. Heal your inner child.