D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
I really am sexually deranged. I hate my sexuality so much. I let so many people take advantage of me and I developed sick fetishes from it. I keep thinking back to my rape and I get a fucking erection from it. I hate my body so much. I'm so disgusting.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: StringPuppet and waitingforrest
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
I really am sexually deranged. I hate my sexuality so much. I let so many people take advantage of me and I developed sick fetishes from it. I keep thinking back to my rape and I get a fucking erection from it. I hate my body so much. I'm so disgusting.
How do you know you've failed as a writer?

its-about-time

its-about-time

nope
Mar 19, 2022
Being aroused by / coming to fetishize past traumatic experiences is something I too experience and can confirm it's incredibly distressing. We aren't the only ones either. But it is very difficult for others to understand who don't experience it themselves. I'm sorry you go through that.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
Sex can be so toxic, and no words really can be said to ease the pain of rape. It's unspeakable and the impact is long lasting. I'm so sorry.

D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Being aroused by / coming to fetishize past traumatic experiences is something I too experience and can confirm it's incredibly distressing. We aren't the only ones either. But it is very difficult for others to understand who don't experience it themselves. I'm sorry you go through that.
Sex can be so toxic, and no words really can be said to ease the pain of rape. It's unspeakable and the impact is long lasting. I'm so sorry.
It's so cruel. Why does my brain have to be wired like this? Just why?
I'm sorry you have to go through this too, @its-about-time. No one deserves to feel this way.

How do you know you've failed as a writer?
That's very off-topic, but it's a complete lack of motivation and self-respect. I can't write anything without falling into despair about how worthless my writing is and how I have no future.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: waitingforrest and its-about-time
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
That's very off-topic, but it's a complete lack of motivation and self-respect. I can't write anything without falling into despair about how worthless my writing is and how I have no future.
Well, I'm a writer too, and I know the feeling well, and have overcome it. Maybe we can talk about it on-topic sometime.

Reactions: DynamicDepression
stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
I don't think a fetish is a bad way for your brain to work through trauma. Self expression through sex is like one of the oldest and most common forms of human self expression. I'm not trying to invalidate your feelings at all, just consider that what one person considers "sick" another person is like "hell yeah".