• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024
So I watched the episode where Miranda finds out she had a lazy ovary, and decides to give this guy at work, who she's already turned down twice, a chance, as she's recontemplating her life choices with her lack of "eggs." Her running out of "eggs" comes up on her date and she tells him she's considering freezing her eggs. His take on this, in a nutshell, is, "Maybe this is nature's way of weeding out the herd." It reminded me how I recently told my therapist how my being suicidal may just be the survival of the fittest, and that some may just not be meant to live. But then it brought me back to another thing her asshole date said, "Do we want desperate women having babies at 50?" along with his weeding out the herd bit. This was interesting because for who-knows-what-reason lol, this other thought I've had over the years came to me recently, and then popped up when I watched the show. The thought was that, "Maybe homosexual, in a human species technological aspect, have a genetic defect that their attraction isn't hetero to mate and multiply. Other animals have similar quirks and deformities, even gayness." Personally I don't see homosexuality as a defect, just biologically perhaps. Like having a 6th finger. Autism is a defect. So is depression, so on and so forth. So if Miranda isn't biologically destined to have a biological baby, or needs the help of technology to do so, does that not make her worthy of being a mom, or having the right to? Of course not. Then I thought the same to homosexuality and their rights, and autism, and it trickled down to depression. So if I'm so clinically depressed that everyday I wish to a God I don't believe in, that I were dead, do I not deserve to live or survive? Have I nothing to contribute then? Does that make me unworthy of happiness however way I'm able to obtain it? (Of course legal and ethical ways of that sounded weird.) So it just went kind of full circle for me in that thought that, whatever defect you have that biologically or socially may be lacking or missing, that doesn't disqualify you from anything. So I just kind of took a stab at my own Darwinistic outlook way of thinking when it comes to being so hopelessly depressed that it's just my own deficit, my weakness to live, because of my all-consuming depression. While Darwinism may still be a factor, there's rarely ever just one factor. Just interresting to me, especially as Sex & the City to me, while comforting, is a rather shallow show.
Hope I didn't piss anyone off with my depiction of "deformities" as I take no issues with gay people. It was just from a scientific standing point. My profile is Karen for god's sake, as Will & Grace has been my favorite show since I was like 10? And that show IS NOT shallowšŸ¤£

Reactions: lkjhgfdsa1