EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
You want to know something that's wacky as heck~? xD I was reading something about sewer slide and Christianity where they were trying to say that no one who commits sewer slide can be saved, and yeah, that's obviously wrong because having faith in God and Jesus's sacrifice on the cross overrides that as God is understanding of all the pain and misery you experience~ however, part of the Bible speaks of 1 unforgivable sin and while I did not pay much attention to it before beyond its words, it made me realize something~ People in biblical times obviously knew of sewer slide (I think there were 4 accounts of it in the Bible), and God does too~ so Jesus could've easily segued into saying that was unforgivable too~ but He didn't~ He merely stated there was 1 unforgivable sin~
and while obviously, natural death or getting killed is still preferable from a Christian perspective rather than sewer slide (just look at Sengoku era Japan!), if there is only 1 unforgivable sin, and one can't repent after they're dead (from sewer slide) after all, then that means that sewer slide must be able to be forgiven~ :) now, this isn't a green light as we ofc do know that we must have faith in Jesus to go to Heaven and will not know who is gifted Heaven until we get there, but it sure is comforting~ :)

Reactions: Praying 4 a Miracle, Booman and kinderbueno
Spreadingmywings

Spreadingmywings

Experienced
May 22, 2019
slide 🤗

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
What's the unforgiveable sin?... Oh- just looked... Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. So- God will forgive violent rapists, child molestors, murderers but takes great issue with people speaking out against him/her/it. Got to love God's priorities... I'm already f*cked then.

I actually really don't like the idea that all sins can be forgiven. Not so much focusing on forgiveness or genuine repentance. They seem pretty healthy. More that it's this free ticket for the perpetrator to do really appalling stuff because God loves sinners. Plus- people who repeatedly do the same sin can't be all that sorry!

It just feels like a way of trapping people in religion. Like, their soul is already in some debt to God. What about the really good people out there who barely commit any sins at all? Do they get a higher reward for all that good behaviour?

I really hope- if there is a God- that we get a choice. I don't want anything to do with them- even if it's good. Even if it's heaven. How can it even be all that good if we don't get a choice? How can being a slave be a good thing? Why give us the ability to think we can choose if we can't?

Do we get the right to judge God? Do you forgive God for all the bad stuff they've designed or let happen in this world? But- that's blasphemous right? To have the audacity to question God. I know I'm already damned if there is one. Whether I suicide or not! Seems as if I've already committed the unforgiveable sin.

• Hugs
Reactions: voltage268 and EternalShore
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
What's the unforgiveable sin?... Oh- just looked... Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. So- God will forgive violent rapists, child molestors, murderers but takes great issue with people speaking out against him/her/it. Got to love God's priorities... I'm already f*cked then.

I actually really don't like the idea that all sins can be forgiven. Not so much focusing on forgiveness or genuine repentance. They seem pretty healthy. More that it's this free ticket for the perpetrator to do really appalling stuff because God loves sinners. Plus- people who repeatedly do the same sin can't be all that sorry!

It just feels like a way of trapping people in religion. Like, their soul is already in some debt to God. What about the really good people out there who barely commit any sins at all? Do they get a higher reward for all that good behaviour?

I really hope- if there is a God- that we get a choice. I don't want anything to do with them- even if it's good. Even if it's heaven. How can it even be all that good if we don't get a choice? How can being a slave be a good thing? Why give us the ability to think we can choose if we can't?

Do we get the right to judge God? Do you forgive God for all the bad stuff they've designed or let happen in this world? But- that's blasphemous right? To have the audacity to question God. I know I'm already damned if there is one. Whether I suicide or not! Seems as if I've already committed the unforgiveable sin.
And how!

Reactions: Forever Sleep
EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
I shall be forever kyute! >w<

Got to love God's priorities... I'm already f*cked then.
Sorry~ :( For the record, it's more specific and evil than simply "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" and relies on a Christian worldview (so atheists and those of other religions can't do it), but I don't really want to describe it in more detail in case some of the more rabid anti-theists want to do it in this thread~

I couldn't really tell what you were trying to say, so I'll just respond with this~ :) God calls us to repent of our sins. If we don't, then our faith in Him and not our own selves can surely be questioned~ And I'm sure that these types of people will be crying "Lord, Lord" when God denies them entrance into Heaven (Matthew 7:21-23)~ ofc, in reality, we are all like that to some extent (focusing on our own evil desires and habitual sins), so even tho there are ways to be more certain about it (Confession in Catholicism, Predestination in Calvinism, and many more), we can never be 100% sure~

In the same way tho, if we do repent of our sins despite the horrible things we did before and are forgiven, people get angry like Jonah did in the Old Testament~

While I can't and don't claim to know what Heaven is like, there's an argument for that being the case (Matthew 6:19-21)~ In that, by not building up treasure here but doing good works for others here, we could potentially reap a greater reward for our own selves in Heaven~

I really hope- if there is a God- that we get a choice. I don't want anything to do with them- even if it's good. Even if it's heaven. How can it even be all that good if we don't get a choice?
We have that choice rn luckily! ^_^ altho, following God doesn't only require that we have faith but also do our best to reform our actions, which may not be appealing to everyone~

Why give us the ability to think we can choose if we can't?
Which is better? A robot programmed to love you or a person who freely loves you?
I get your point completely (I'm angry as heck about having to "choose" to file taxes!), but we can choose~ As you said before, you'd rather not have anything to do with God and Heaven~

no, that's not~ While we don't get to judge God in the same manner as He judges us, we can still question and get mad at Him~ People in the Bible did, and I certainly am too! >_<

Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Forever Sleep
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022

True. I'm extremely guilty of blasphemy. Maybe I'll regret it. Very probably- if there is a God. Seems strange to me they'd prefer the company of murderers and peadophillic raping priests to people who simply question their judgement on things and question whether they even actually exist. But there we go- God ultimately created the murderers, peadophillic priests and all the doubters in the world. They get to choose who they hang out with too.

I don't think I could fake it just to impress them though. If they're that smart, we wouldn't be able to con them at all. They already know what we think of them. Is there much difference between thinking it and expressing it? Maybe.

Some of the kindest, nicest people I've known have been atheists funnily enough though. Maybe they haven't blasphemed as much as me but, if they've been condemned simply for not believing, that seems so wrong to me.
I shall be forever kyute! >w<

Sorry~ :( For the record, it's more specific and evil than simply "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" and relies on a Christian worldview (so atheists and those of other religions can't do it), but I don't really want to describe it in more detail in case some of the more rabid anti-theists want to do it in this thread~

I couldn't really tell what you were trying to say, so I'll just respond with this~ :) God calls us to repent of our sins. If we don't, then our faith in Him and not our own selves can surely be questioned~ And I'm sure that these types of people will be crying "Lord, Lord" when God denies them entrance into Heaven (Matthew 7:21-23)~ ofc, in reality, we are all like that to some extent (focusing on our own evil desires and habitual sins), so even tho there are ways to be more certain about it (Confession in Catholicism, Predestination in Calvinism, and many more), we can never be 100% sure~

In the same way tho, if we do repent of our sins despite the horrible things we did before and are forgiven, people get angry like Jonah did in the Old Testament~

While I can't and don't claim to know what Heaven is like, there's an argument for that being the case (Matthew 6:19-21)~ In that, by not building up treasure here but doing good works for others here, we could potentially reap a greater reward for our own selves in Heaven~

We have that choice rn luckily! ^_^ altho, following God doesn't only require that we have faith but also do our best to reform our actions, which may not be appealing to everyone~

Which is better? A robot programmed to love you or a person who freely loves you?
I get your point completely (I'm angry as heck about having to "choose" to file taxes!), but we can choose~ As you said before, you'd rather not have anything to do with God and Heaven~

no, that's not~ While we don't get to judge God in the same manner as He judges us, we can still question and get mad at Him~ People in the Bible did, and I certainly am too! >_<

Honestly, I probably shouldn't comment on religious threads at all. I have so many problems with orthodox religions and God. Not against people who choose to believe in it. That's up to them. Religion can also do a lot of good- I realise.

I just find God's own moral compass and some of the things they have created or at the very least, allowed to happen- utterly bizarre and on occassion outright sadistic.

Of course, there could be good reason for all of it that my mind is too small to comprehend. I wonder if we'll ever find out. Personally, I'm hoping there isn't a God though. Seems like the safer outcome.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
True. I'm extremely guilty of blasphemy. Maybe I'll regret it. Very probably- if there is a God. Seems strange to me they'd prefer the company of murderers and peadophillic raping priests to people who simply question their judgement on things and question whether they even actually exist. But there we go- God ultimately created the murderers, peadophillic priests and all the doubters in the world. They get to choose who they hang out with too.

I don't think I could fake it just to impress them though. If they're that smart, we wouldn't be able to con them at all. They already know what we think of them. Is there much difference between thinking it and expressing it? Maybe.

Some of the kindest, nicest people I've known have been atheists funnily enough though. Maybe they haven't blasphemed as much as me but, if they've been condemned simply for not believing, that seems so wrong to me.

Honestly, I probably shouldn't comment on religious threads at all. I have so many problems with orthodox religions and God. Not against people who choose to believe in it. That's up to them. Religion can also do a lot of good- I realise.

I just find God's own moral compass and some of the things they have created or at the very least, allowed to happen- utterly bizarre and on occassion outright sadistic.

Of course, there could be good reason for all of it that my mind is too small to comprehend. I wonder if we'll ever find out. Personally, I'm hoping there isn't a God though. Seems like the safer outcome.
I thought suicide was supposed to be the unforgivable sin... but I think I refuted that in my own research many years ago. God is supposed to know the contents of your heart (and thoughts as you said) and all, so that's just another discrepancy of religion for me. My family thinks I'm going to Hell because I'm not saved. Guess we'll see. From all the hypocrisy and anti-people content of His "word" I'd just as well not want to believe in a god like that. I don't comment on certain subjects in threads as it's pointless imo. I gain nothing and just lose my time and sanity by commenting. Plus most people have their minds made up. I'm also old, so you lose your willingness for such debates after a certain age lol. Or at least you pick your battles more wisely. I could call God all kinds of names but you pretty much covered the basics so I just concurred. Then again I'm not so arrogant as to presume I have the underworld conquered so that's why I identify as an agnostic atheist💁‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: divinemistress36, LoiteringClouds and EternalShore
P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
Most Christians struggle with the same doubts as everyone else. The thing that really drives it home for me though, is the fact that without an afterlife, what would be point of living in the first place? If all that happens is we cease to exist in the end, then it really would be all for nothing. Even procreation and perpetuating the species, because the exact same thing would happen to them, and every generation to follow.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and EternalShore