Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Has anyone else seen the recent trend of semi colons as tattoos, and even as overlays on profile photos on social media.

Apparently it's meant to represent that you are on this path, but you have survived and your journey isn't over yet, I think it's meant to show strength and shit?
Why does this path have to have a trend attached, why do you have to have a attention seeking image on your body to scream to this world that you are or have been on this path?
I think I get the sentiment BUT!

just intrigued on thoughts

Image stolen from google as an example
Semicolon tattoo 05031761

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This is not a new trend. The design changes every couple of years yea. Same edgy message.

Reactions: Fragile
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
This is not a new trend. The design changes every couple of years yea. Same edgy message.

so the trend is old, but the semi colon is new? in which case the message is pointless surely? as someone who has the *new* design won't understand or recognise the *old* design or am I talking bollocks?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
so the trend is old, but the semi colon is new? in which case the message is pointless surely? as someone who has the *new* design won't understand or recognise the *old* design or am I talking bollocks?
Yea the semi colon is semi new. It used to be an infinity sign before this. The message is old as tattoos probably. I don't hate what it stands for. But I despise the virtue signaling that most use it for.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Yea the semi colon is semi new. It used to be an infinity sign before this. The message is old as tattoos probably. I don't hate what it stands for. But I despise the virtue signaling that most use it for.

yea tthat's what I think I mean, the reason why people want something to represent it is OK, as every *condition* has something, but in my thoughts, what's the point when the design is changed every so often? surely that then loses the meaning?

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
That's been a movement for a few years now. Interestingly, the person who started it ended up killing herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Cevapcici
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I remember that symbol, it's supposed to be for the people who self-harm and have depression. I remember drawing it on my wrist back when I was 14. This was back in April 2013. I still wish I had ended my life back then.

• Aww..
Reactions: Cevapcici
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
That's been a movement for a few years now. Interestingly, the person who started it ended up killing herself.

That story was such propaganda! Written by the founder and editor-in-chief of PsychCentral. He promoted her as an ongoing beacon of hope because of her pro-life work, but...but...she ctb'd....

(Mad at the story, not @k75 for sharing it.)

Reactions: k75
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Admittedly, I didn't proofread the article, just picked one of a hundred. I remembered her killing herself because of the irony, but it is a sad thing she couldn't overcome it either, in the end.

Reactions: Fragile
Sideswipe

Sideswipe

I have 2 Simian Palms... DNA is F@£ked
Nov 20, 2019
I had one but built it to a sol invictus inside another image. They go in line with yeRs of survival and start ; then ;,, and ;,,,,, but in a circle like the sun.

i coveted it up in the end when I relapsed

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Why a semi colon? I couldn't manage that, I'd have to settle for an_underscore :blarg: