6MillionWaystoDie

6MillionWaystoDie

Choose one
Mar 18, 2023
I've been depressed for a while with periods of managing until I gave up several years ago. Gained a decent bit of weight, an area of my life that has always been a challenge. Shortly before the plandemic hit I was able to get to a point where I was maintaining. I even lost a bit with some efforts after some time. However the last couple weeks I've fallen back into the habit of overindulgence. I've even gained back a decent amount of weight. I fear going back to the habit and gaining even more weight than I ever had.

Honestly it doesn't really matter because I'm 100% sure I'm going to ctb. I just have days where I go out and want to look somewhat decent. I haven't had a real friend or a BF in years but it does feel good to get a "cat call" every now and again.

I don't want any weight loss advice. It would be great to hear from those who are currently dealing with weight issues despite not caring about life and being ready to die. I hesitate to write this thread as it seems pretty illogical to care. But there will always be an inkling of me that does due to that being one of my life struggles.

Even posting about specific foods you overeat would be great. I think the food in most of the West has been so chemically manipulated that even one episode of falling off the wagon can trigger a long period of overindulgence.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: User00, Sulyya, Disappointered and 1 other person
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
An issue I have certainly. I manage to avoid fast food always but I eat too often during the day and too much. Also beer, though I've been managing it moderately well it's a bad one for weight.

Reactions: 6MillionWaystoDie
Toriinbed

Toriinbed

Apr 1, 2023
my weight has been one of my biggest issues even though I want to ctb. Using food as a way to medicate had one of the ways I try to find pleasure in daily life like drinking sugary boba teas. I tend to overeat bagels with cream cheese or even when I'm heavily depressed and cannot have it in me to take the time to make something then I just cream cheese straight out the container.

• Love
6MillionWaystoDie

6MillionWaystoDie

Choose one
Mar 18, 2023
my weight has been one of my biggest issues even though I want to ctb. Using food as a way to medicate had one of the ways I try to find pleasure in daily life like drinking sugary boba teas. I tend to overeat bagels with cream cheese or even when I'm heavily depressed and cannot have it in me to take the time to make something then I just cream cheese straight out the container.

OMG!! I just did that with both sour cream and cream cheese. I mixed sour cream with some raw brown sugar and ate it last night. Then I mixed plain yogurt with cream cheese and added some raw brown sugar to that this morning.

I'm obsessed with eating popcorn with fresh butter. I add seasonings and spices to the butter melt it and dip the popcorn in it. *sigh*😔

Toriinbed

Toriinbed

Apr 1, 2023
OMG!! I just did that with both sour cream and cream cheese. I mixed sour cream with some raw brown sugar and ate it last night. Then I mixed plain yogurt with cream cheese and added some raw brown sugar to that this morning.

I'm obsessed with eating popcorn with fresh butter. I add seasonings and spices to the butter melt it and dip the popcorn in it. *sigh*😔
lol I'm obsessed with popcorn too, it's definitely an easy to make and somewhat low calorie compared to other snacks when I want to binge. One other snack I recommend even though it sounds weird at first would be canned precooked shredded chicken mixed with mayo and then using saltine crackers to scoop.

• Love
6MillionWaystoDie

6MillionWaystoDie

Choose one
Mar 18, 2023
lol I'm obsessed with popcorn too, it's definitely an easy to make and somewhat low calorie compared to other snacks when I want to binge. One other snack I recommend even though it sounds weird at first would be canned precooked shredded chicken mixed with mayo and then using saltine crackers to scoop.

Love it! Almost the same as having tuna n crackers.

S

snickethicket

Mar 29, 2023
I definitely also struggle with this. I've always struggled with my size, and especially since the pandemic I have gained a substantial amount of weight and it has been really hard for me to deal with. I'm in college right now and my routine the past couple weeks has been that I order delivery basically every night. I vary what I end up getting, but I have this weird thought process where I figure since I'm ordering delivery I have to make the most of it and get a ton of food to make the delivery fee less bad proportionally somehow? It makes no sense but I'm just overeating so often, and it is making me struggle with my weight more and more. I'm at a point where I'm confident that I'm going to ctb relatively soon, but I still get so stressed out over this pattern and my body, which I recognize makes no sense.

• Love
6MillionWaystoDie

6MillionWaystoDie

Choose one
Mar 18, 2023
I vary what I end up getting, but I have this weird thought process where I figure since I'm ordering delivery I have to make the most of it and get a ton of food to make the delivery fee less bad proportionally somehow? It makes no sense but I'm just overeating so often, and it is making me struggle with my weight more and more.

Totally get it. The brain is smart. It always tried to rationalize some sh*t to get you to eat more. Ughhhhh!!

• Yay!
Reactions: snickethicket
H

heLLishLandscape

By a Thread
Mar 31, 2023
i feel you! when i was in college, i was much smaller, so here i am with noticeable weight gain from my grad photos. i'm trying to be happy with myself as i am, but it's really difficult with the evidence of the extra weight on my skin. what i find myself overeating is the viral rice bowl, but without the salmon!
and i feel you on those cat calls from strangers, it really uplifts my mood. and if you wanted to, you could download a dating app and match with people just to get the initial compliment without pursuing them romantically lol. i know that can be seen as wrong, but it really does give you that ego boost you need.

• Hugs
6MillionWaystoDie

6MillionWaystoDie

Choose one
Mar 18, 2023
i feel you! when i was in college, i was much smaller, so here i am with noticeable weight gain from my grad photos. i'm trying to be happy with myself as i am, but it's really difficult with the evidence of the extra weight on my skin. what i find myself overeating is the viral rice bowl, but without the salmon!
and i feel you on those cat calls from strangers, it really uplifts my mood. and if you wanted to, you could download a dating app and match with people just to get the initial compliment without pursuing them romantically lol. i know that can be seen as wrong, but it really does give you that ego boost you need.

I'll leave the online dating apps for others. That's been a source of most of my pain in regards to dating. Most men only want to be matched with women who look a certain way in terms of other physical characteristics regardless of size. I unfortunately don't meet that mainstream standard.

U

User00

Account deleted
Mar 20, 2023
I have a weight issue and i want to ctb because of it along with many other things. i believe that body positivity is not a good thing because i cant accept being the way i am and being unhealthy shouldnt be accepted in society instead should help those who have weight problems and reach out to them. The real problem i have is addiction or the happiness i feel from drinking a soda. Sugar is just a socially normalised drug..

• Hugs
6MillionWaystoDie

6MillionWaystoDie

Choose one
Mar 18, 2023
I have a weight issue and i want to ctb because of it along with many other things. i believe that body positivity is not a good thing because i cant accept being the way i am and being unhealthy shouldnt be accepted in society instead should help those who have weight problems and reach out to them. The real problem i have is addiction or the happiness i feel from drinking a soda. Sugar is just a socially normalised drug..

Totally understand your plight. I gave up soda and juice drinking over 20 years ago because it was unnecessary calories. It helped alot with maintaining weight. Besides a brownie or ice cream is much more enjoyable in my opinion.

I wonder if you'd feel the way you do if society had not started the body shaming decades ago. When you go to ancient cities in Italy and Greece you will often find statues of Rubenesque women that were highly adored by society and sought after by the richest of men. People were naturally that way and it wasn't because of processed unhealthy foods lacking nutrients. They were that way according to their body types and none of it was considered unhealthy. You also didn't have many people over sized 20 as that was just not natural or possible for most. Normal daily activity levels assisted in keeping our of society within a wide healthy natural range.

Just keep in mind there are loads of unhealthy slim people. Society has just trained you not to recognize them because the fashion and food/ diet industry has made a ton off of pushing one unrealistic standard just to sell products. Its just the polar opposite of selling unhealthy processed foods. Anyone not willing to recognize that is doing themselves a disservice and contributing to self-demonization that was started by Industry.

Reactions: User00