• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

O

onceremoved126

My mind is the only enemy I can't get rid of.
Sep 9, 2023
Hi. I'm in a situation in which I'm in a crazy ammount of distress. I don't want to keep hurting a friend, so I'm instead planning on hurting myself. I've only really hurt myself by hitting myself. I really want to stop hurting others, so I'm conditioning myself to hurting myself instead of someone else.

I think cutting would be the most fitting, since I have a really low pain tolerance, and the scars could serve me as a reminder to stop. If you or anyone you know cuts themselves, any tips on how to do it as safely as possible can work.

Please do not encourage me to not do it, I know there's better ways to cope, but I'm not trying to cope, I'm trying to stop myself from harming others, and I genuinely think this could help me.

Thank you, and have a nice rest of your day.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and fleetingnight
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I understand that you don't want to be discouraged, but I can't help but not tell you that this isn't going to end well. Hurting yourself won't do shit and if your friends find out then you risk causing them to become distressed over your well-being. I self-harmed as punishment and when my parents found out it ended up causing them to become stressed out. You are just going to end up hurting them more if they ever find out. That's not even getting into how much more work goes into taking care of and concealing SH wounds and scars. It's much harder to hide the fact that you cut in comparison to hiding the fact that you hit yourself, and I'm saying this from personal experience. It's not a good idea.

• Hugs
Reactions: ConfusedClouds, Trismegistus_13, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
msesis

msesis

Jun 16, 2024
I'm going to give very basic advice, but at minimum ensure the blade is clean. Cut in safe areas (away from major blood vessels).

• Love
Reactions: wurli, Praestat_Mori and fleetingnight
O

onceremoved126

Sep 9, 2023
I understand that you don't want to be discouraged, but I can't help but not tell you that this isn't going to end well. Hurting yourself won't do shit and if your friends find out then you risk causing them to become distressed over your well-being. I self-harmed as punishment and when my parents found out it ended up causing them to become stressed out. You are just going to end up hurting them more if they ever find out. That's not even getting into how much more work goes into taking care of and concealing SH wounds and scars. It's much harder to hide the fact that you cut in comparison to hiding the fact that you hit yourself, and I'm saying this from personal experience. It's not a good idea.
I understand your point. I also wish I didn't have to do it, but right now its really my only option. My friend won't know that I cut myself because we're online friends, and the only way he could figure it out is if he sees me in person or somehow comes across this post and realizes it's me. I really need this because I really don't want to hurt my friend, or anyone, anymore. If there's a better way to deal with it, I'm willing to try, but at the moment, that's my only option. I really don't want to cause major harm to myself, I just want to stop hurting others.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and EvisceratedJester
uncat_

uncat_

aspiring corpse
Nov 3, 2023
I understand your point. I also wish I didn't have to do it, but right now its really my only option. My friend won't know that I cut myself because we're online friends, and the only way he could figure it out is if he sees me in person or somehow comes across this post and realizes it's me. I really need this because I really don't want to hurt my friend, or anyone, anymore. If there's a better way to deal with it, I'm willing to try, but at the moment, that's my only option. I really don't want to cause major harm to myself, I just want to stop hurting others.
how could hurting yourself make you stop hurting others? if anything youre just hurting another person.

Reactions: Trismegistus_13, EvisceratedJester and Praestat_Mori
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I know exactly what you're thinking about hurting yourself physically so you don't put the burden on others but all that happens is that you end up with a secret and that isolates you, even from online friends. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into. Been there, still there, etc.

If you want advice on basic first aid, always ask. Get good supplies in before you start. Don't get rubbish stuff. Sterile dressings and gauze are a must. Learn the signs of infection. Always seek medical advice if in doubt.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedClouds, Trismegistus_13, cranberrys and 2 others
E

Erring

Jul 7, 2024
Hi. I'm in a situation in which I'm in a crazy ammount of distress. I don't want to keep hurting a friend, so I'm instead planning on hurting myself. I've only really hurt myself by hitting myself. I really want to stop hurting others, so I'm conditioning myself to hurting myself instead of someone else.

I think cutting would be the most fitting, since I have a really low pain tolerance, and the scars could serve me as a reminder to stop. If you or anyone you know cuts themselves, any tips on how to do it as safely as possible can work.

Please do not encourage me to not do it, I know there's better ways to cope, but I'm not trying to cope, I'm trying to stop myself from harming others, and I genuinely think this could help me.

Thank you, and have a nice rest of your day.

One very good tip I got it's to try to redirect the self harm into displeasureable activities. Instead of cutting yourself, try putting some ice on you instead. Or take an ice cold shower. Good luck onto you.

• Love
Reactions: Trismegistus_13, fleetingnight and onceremoved126
O

onceremoved126

Sep 9, 2023
how could hurting yourself make you stop hurting others? if anything youre just hurting another person.
I don't know, I think physically hurting myself instead of emotionally hurting someone else is really the only option I have left. Therapy hasn't helped, and it's extremely hard for me to get medicated. I know I'd be hurting him, but only if he finds out what I'm doing. I really want to stop hurting him, maybe conditioning myself to feeling physical pain when I feel like hurting others is going to stop. I really don't want to do this, but at this point I've ran out of options.
I know exactly what you're thinking about hurting yourself physically so you don't put the burden on others but all that happens is that you end up with a secret and that isolates you, even from online friends. Just so you know what you're getting yourself into. Been there, still there, etc.

If you want advice on basic first aid, always ask. Get good supplies in before you start. Don't get rubbish stuff. Sterile dressings and gauze are a must. Learn the signs of infection. Always seek medical advice if in doubt.
It wouldn't be the first time that I have secrets that isolate me. After all, I come to this website to vent about my suicidal thoughts that I can't talk about with anyone. Thank you for the advice and the concern, I will do it as safely as possible.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ash and fleetingnight