• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease

Misery
Jul 4, 2020
Has anyone went to a laser clinic or dermatologist to remove their scars? Mine are pretty visible and are causing me great mental distress. And yes I do thoroughly regret my actions. Does laser really work? Or make it worse? I dont want to spend thousands of dollars for it to not work...

I really really really really want to move on and it is interfering with my life.

Why am I even asking on here?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Sinai Silence, Deleted member 14573 and 1 other person
L

lemohemo

Apr 7, 2020
Years ago someone told me about their sister getting a skin graft (graff?) over theirs for her wedding. No idea of cost or anything.

Reactions: Helpmeplease
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
It did not work for me because the scars I treated were very old and the pigmentation of my skin changed. They told me that these types of scars are the most difficult ones to treat. The laser did not make things worse, it only made my scars more visible for a while, because the whole area that was treated was darker than the rest of my skin. The procedure is somewhat painful and it was ineffective for me.

How big are your scars?
Years ago someone told me about their sister getting a skin graft (graff?) over theirs for her wedding. No idea of cost or anything.
I was offered that option too, but refused to take it because it was out of my pay range.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
idk how bad your scars are but im going to try a scar removal cream that can be bought OTC at like any pharmacy

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease

Misery
Jul 4, 2020
Has anyone went to a laser clinic or dermatologist to remove their scars? Mine are pretty visible and are causing me great mental distress. And yes I do thoroughly regret my actions. Does laser really work? Or make it worse? I dont want to spend thousands of dollars for it to not work...
It did not work for me because the scars I treated were very old and the pigmentation of my skin changed. They told me that these types of scars are the most difficult ones to treat. The laser did not make things worse, it only made my scars more visible for a while, because the whole area that was treated was darker than the rest of my skin. The procedure is somewhat painful and it was ineffective for me.

How big are your scars?

I was offered that option too, but refused to take it because it was out of my pay range.
It's like parallel lines on my hand they are white and pigmented
idk how bad your scars are but im going to try a scar removal cream that can be bought OTC at like any pharmacy
I tried it already, it doesn't work. I tried mederma, silicone scar gel, floxia...

• Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i dont remember id have to do some research but i think aloe vera might help. the less watered down the better, but it will take time. you cant just apply it once and think they will just go away

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
It's like parallel lines on my hand they are white and pigmented

I tried it already, it doesn't work. I tried mederma, silicone scar gel, floxia...

These are mine. If yours are anything like that, don't waste your money on laser, it won't do anything. 20200813 225555

• Hugs
Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease

Misery
Jul 4, 2020
These are mine. If yours are anything like that, don't waste your money on laser, it won't do anything.[/ATTACH]View attachment 41791
Mine are similar but is brown and white in the middle and are longer. Thanks for showing that picture:) I will not go for laser then. Thank you for your advice.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Mine are similar but is brown and white in the middle and are longer. Thanks for showing that picture:) I will not go for laser then. Thank you for your advice.

You are welcome, I was happy to help. :)

• Love
Reactions: Helpmeplease
Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease

Misery
Jul 4, 2020
i dont remember id have to do some research but i think aloe vera might help. the less watered down the better, but it will take time. you cant just apply it once and think they will just go away
True...

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
You could get a tattoo over your scars, if that is something you think you would like. That's what I did with some scars that were very visible.

Reactions: Thinking, Isadeth, Existingnotliving and 1 other person
Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease

Misery
Jul 4, 2020
You could get a tattoo over your scars, if that is something you think you would like. That's what I did with some scars that were very visible.
That is a great idea!! I can get skin coloured tattoos

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, Isadeth and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
JSRF

JSRF

Student
May 30, 2018
Ask for anti scar-ointment in your pharmacy. If they aren't too bad you might get good results out of it.

VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
i used skin discoloration cream for mine. that being said, my scars were relatively new and i cut shallow, so i don't know how well cream would work for yours.

if you can't remove some scars no matter what you try, then put on some concealer. by interfering with your life i'm assuming you mean having to hide them, so concealer might help with that.

T

Tinxxx

Ok google
Aug 11, 2020
I had twice, basically it doesnt remove scars but reform them so that they would not look like they are made by selfharm. They become to seem more like from burns.
It helped me a lot because they dont remind me of selfharm any longer.

Costed $6000

Attachments

• 20190205_130013_edit.jpg
    20190205_130013_edit.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 20200416_114246_edit.jpg
    20200416_114246_edit.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Deleted member 14573 and Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
These are mine. If yours are anything like that, don't waste your money on laser, it won't do anything.View attachment 41791
Yours are very minor. Hardly noticeable. They look like impressions from a tight wristband. I would not even think about them.
I had twice, basically it doesnt remove scars but reform them so that they would not look like they are made by selfharm. They become to seem more like from burns.
It helped me a lot because they dont remind me of selfharm any longer.

Costed $6000
Some people try to tattoo over their scars and make them less noticeable. For example, many professional chefs have their forearms badly scarred from all the cooking they do on skillets, flat tops, ranges, and ovens. I would say a good portion of them have their forearms tattooed. It is almost a rite of passage for the culinary forks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Deleted member 4993 and KleinerWolf
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Mederma plus a silicone based covering for 12 weeks should be a first step unless you want a tattoo.

T

Tinxxx

Ok google
Aug 11, 2020
Yours are very minor. Hardly noticeable. They look like impressions from a tight wristband. I would not even think about them.

Some people try to tattoo over their scars and make them less noticeable. For example, many professional chefs have their forearms badly scarred from all the cooking they do on skillets, flat tops, ranges, and ovens. I would say a good portion of them have their forearms tattooed. It is almost a rite of passage for the culinary forks.
I also considered that option but good tattoos can be made on good skin. On the scarred skin, for me, tattoos didnt look any better. Vertical scars are anyway visible.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020

I really really really really want to move on and it is interfering with my life.

Why am I even asking on here?
It does work but it takes many sessions and it's expensive, have you thought about tattoos? I'm not sure how visible your scars are but I'm pretty sure a tattoo would be cheaper and I personally love tattoos
It does work but it takes many sessions and it's expensive, have you thought about tattoos? I'm not sure how visible your scars are but I'm pretty sure a tattoo would be cheaper and I personally love tattoos
There's also scarification so maybe it could be turned into something-not sure

Last edited:
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020

I have stopped thinking about them, since they cannot be removed and some people have told me that they are hardly noticeable.

Reactions: Greenberg
D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
I also have some self-harm scars that are causing me great distress. I plan to get a pretty tattoo over them next year when I can afford it.

However there is nothing wrong with having these scars and no need to cover them up. To each their own.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I'm not sure how relevant this is,
I have noticeable long scars on my chest and forearm due to surgeries and
I prefer to cover them up with colorful tattoos. (something meaningful to me and well-designed of course)

I guess laser scar removal could be effective to some extent, but I'm not very knowledgable on this topic.
Sending you hugs @Helpmeplease
:heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573
Sinai Silence

Sinai Silence

I think I'ma die alone inside my room
Jul 6, 2020
I use bio oil on my scars which is apparently meant to help them to fade a bit. Otherwise getting a pretty tattoo to cover them up is a good idea too. :happy:

At first I was really insecure about it, always wearing long sleeves and never going to the beach or pool. I've always been insecure about my body anyways so the scars just added to that.

The reality is that most people don't care or won't say anything. For those who do then you can make stuff up. Try taking it one step at a time drawing the power the scars have on you. I started by having them out infront of close friends so they knew and could support me when around strangers.

When I showed them to people close to me I got several reactions but they eventually came round to accepting it. It makes it feel less scary when someone is supportive and understanding.

Wishing you the best and sending hugs :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: HeavyOne and Deleted member 14573
Blue LIPS

Blue LIPS

Ave Satanas
Jun 28, 2020
Cheapest way to "help" generally "mild" scars would be to use vitamin E and jojoba oil.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I saw people reply with oils and stuff but personally those had no affect on my SH scars personally. They did nothing and I was left as a sticky and oily mess

Reactions: crybaby
Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease

Misery
Jul 4, 2020
I saw people reply with oils and stuff but personally those had no affect on my SH scars personally. They did nothing and I was left as a sticky and oily mess
I tried so many creams and it disnt work and I am hesitant to try the laser because I have read reviews that said it worked and also reviews that said it made pigmentations worse...

H

HeavyOne

Jul 4, 2020
Years ago, I used a Derma roller/ micro needling on an aged scar and it worked pretty well (I used on stretch marks too, but I easily got bored and quit).
This is what I've learnt:
- more recent micro needling pen works wonders, due to a different penetration angle on the skin
- it should be done every 15 days, and within 3 months you will see improvements
- keep needles super clean with a specific product
- you should draw with your pen/roller in each direction (I attached a pic)
- avoid taking sun on the treated over weeks or months you dermaroll
- if I remember correctly, you should apply vitamin A (tretinoin cream) and a vitamin C (10-15%) serum, right after rolling and cover the area with a pad (I don't know if I'm allowed to mention, I give a try. In essential day spa forum there is thread full of details).

Hope this may help...

I apologize for my English...

Attachments

• download.webp
    51.8 KB · Views: 1
Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease

Misery
Jul 4, 2020
Years ago, I used a Derma roller/ micro needling on an aged scar and it worked pretty well (I used on stretch marks too, but I easily got bored and quit).
This is what I've learnt:
- more recent micro needling pen works wonders, due to a different penetration angle on the skin
- it should be done every 15 days, and within 3 months you will see improvements
- keep needles super clean with a specific product
- you should draw with your pen/roller in each direction (I attached a pic)
- avoid taking sun on the treated over weeks or months you dermaroll
- if I remember correctly, you should apply vitamin A (tretinoin cream) and a vitamin C (10-15%) serum, right after rolling and cover the area with a pad (I don't know if I'm allowed to mention, I give a try. In essential day spa forum there is thread full of details).

Hope this may help...

I apologize for my English...
Yeah but I don't want to microneedle myself, I don't think I can do it right. I actually bought a derma pen but couldn't figure how to do it so I just didn't do anything. However, I found a clinic that does laser for $88 per session. I might want to try that out. Thanks for trying to help though.