• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

JustSomeoneOnline

JustSomeoneOnline

Barely floating along
Mar 9, 2023
I've cut for a long time but recently it just hasn't been the same. I've heard of building up a tolerance or something like that, but thats not really my issue.
When I used to cut, it was really painful and it would sting really badly for a long time. Just moving or walking around would make it hurt. But I stopped sh-ing for a while because some of my cuts were getting infected.

After letting it heal for a few days I got back into sh-ing and it just isn't the same. Honestly it hasn't been the same for a while, but this time it just hit me harder. Other than the initial pain of blade breaking skin I can't really feel the usual stinging thats supposed to happen after. I've tried cutting deeper or rubbing soap on my wounds but it just isn't doing the trick. Now I just feel extremely empty after I sh. What should I do?

• Hugs
Reactions: Sulyya
symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
Not encouraging it... but I've been there with the self-harm. So I'll answer the best I can. Whatever you do, always remember to use good first aid. You mentioned some of your cuts got infected previously, and that worries me. Clean the wounds as soon as you're done and bandage them. Re-clean and re-bandage every day until they close up. If infection is at all a concern, use neosporin/bacitracin/something similar on the wounds. Honestly, that's a good precaution anyways - I used to do that on all my cuts and never had issues with infections.

I've noticed cutting in different places can hurt a lot more or less. For example, I used to cut on my thighs, but closer to my knee or on my stomach felt significantly different. Maybe picking a new location could help. If you're looking for a sting, maybe you could try putting some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and holding it against the wound. I used to do that. Sharper blades lead to cleaner cuts and (perhaps counter-intuitively) might hurt less. So maybe changing your blade could help. But be careful with a new blade, or especially a blade that's too dull - you don't want to use too much pressure by accident and fuck it up. I've seen it recommended to practice with your blade on some orange peel to get a feel for it before moving to your skin. Again, just be smart about it.

Or if you want to move away from cutting altogether, I've heard of people burning themselves (which I could never do - way too gruesome for me). Sometimes if I couldn't get a blade, I've taken a jagged piece of plastic and used it to tear away at my skin by dragging it back and forth over the same area until it's raw and bleeding. Tearing off the clip from a mechanical pencil works nicely for that. It hurts more than you might expect.

• Informative
Reactions: LocalMistake
JustSomeoneOnline

JustSomeoneOnline

Barely floating along
Mar 9, 2023
Not encouraging it... but I've been there with the self-harm. So I'll answer the best I can. Whatever you do, always remember to use good first aid. You mentioned some of your cuts got infected previously, and that worries me. Clean the wounds as soon as you're done and bandage them. Re-clean and re-bandage every day until they close up. If infection is at all a concern, use neosporin/bacitracin/something similar on the wounds. Honestly, that's a good precaution anyways - I used to do that on all my cuts and never had issues with infections.

I've noticed cutting in different places can hurt a lot more or less. For example, I used to cut on my thighs, but closer to my knee or on my stomach felt significantly different. Maybe picking a new location could help. If you're looking for a sting, maybe you could try putting some isopropyl rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and holding it against the wound. I used to do that. Sharper blades lead to cleaner cuts and (perhaps counter-intuitively) might hurt less. So maybe changing your blade could help. But be careful with a new blade, or especially a blade that's too dull - you don't want to use too much pressure by accident and fuck it up. I've seen it recommended to practice with your blade on some orange peel to get a feel for it before moving to your skin. Again, just be smart about it.

Or if you want to move away from cutting altogether, I've heard of people burning themselves (which I could never do - way too gruesome for me). Sometimes if I couldn't get a blade, I've taken a jagged piece of plastic and used it to tear away at my skin by dragging it back and forth over the same area until it's raw and bleeding. Tearing off the clip from a mechanical pencil works nicely for that. It hurts more than you might expect.
thanks for the tips, i'll keep them in mind