• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
Sorry- another question. I just learned that the bridge I'm considering jumping from has 24hr security guards posted in the parking lot (it's like a rest stop on one side of he bridge). It's obviously going to look awfully suspicious when I go to walk on the bridge in the middle of the night. And there have been a number of suicides at this location. But realistically, what can they do? They arent cops…they can't arrest me. I know I should be able to think this through, but I'm wondering, what do you think they'd do??

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Detain/stop you, while calling the cops. Depending on the location, I imagine some locations have a flag already or are known locations for CTB so they have priority when it comes to dispatching emergency services.

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
They can call the police definitely, but can they really detain me?? Could I jump before the police arrive, hypothetically?

this_is_it

this_is_it

Sep 19, 2023
police response time is gonna vary really widely, we don't have enough info to tell you if there's a good chance you'd be able to or not. sorry. i personally wouldn't take the risk

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Sorry for the delay.
To accurately assess if they are physically able to detain you, we'd need more information like height, weight etc.
then we'd have to get an idea of the distance between your proposed entry point, distance to goal.
then we'd also have to look into how fast can you get there, versus the guard's response times.

Security companies generally are trained in restraining people, so they can and will attempt to so. Whether they are physically capable of doing so depends on a lot of factors, but you can bet they will try. Also, it wouldn't matter if you're bigger than they are, when it comes to a physical altercation and there's more than 1 of them, then it's highly likely they would be able to stop you from reaching the location you want to get to.

L

Lostindespair3

Dec 13, 2023
Thank you for your replies. It does sound risky. They will likely be bigger than me. The parking lot to the center of the bridge is around a quarter of a mile I believe, and it will be hard to get there fast as I struggle with some physical disabilities. Ugh, this is crushing me…jumping from this bridge was one of the few methods that seemed realistic to me.

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
If you're absolutely set on jumping, rent a nice hotel for the night in a tall building. Request the highest room for the view (minimum 10 stories!). Enjoy yourself for a final few hours. Personally, I would never jump. I would rather get high on painkillers then try hanging, or SN 25grams in some water. Good luck, whatever you choose.