FadeOut

FadeOut

Aug 9, 2022
Job searching is a fucking joke.

You need previous experience to get an internship. Fuck education, fuck fluency in two foreign languages. You need an internship to get an internship.

Even for the most pitiful position in a company, there are like a hundred different stages of the recruitment process. During which you have to pretend that this job is your biggest dream.

All parties involved know that I just need to put food on my table. So what the fuck.

I know that even when I finally have a career, I will be miserable. Spending my life working, hating the monotony of it and knowing that my work doesn't really mean much. It all makes no sense.

Job hunting is what keeps me going and occupied these days, but I know it's a goal for the sake of having one. I'm active and planning for the future. I'm in motion, running away from thinking about how pointless life is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Pisceslilith, Tmbass and 12 others
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
A good while back, I was hunting and seeing custodial and janitorial jobs requiring some kind of credentials. That was when I realised modern urban has reached peak shit.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, newave3, Hollowman and 2 others
sleeps

sleeps

being a thing
Oct 12, 2022
i feel this so fucking hard. job hunting is miserable.

i can't stand pretending to be Worky McSlaveaway, the Good Employable Boy who "thrives in a fast-paced environment" and just loooves when everything is hard and bad.

what a humiliating slog. and for what? the opportunity to - if i'm very lucky - sell half my waking hours and most of my energy for barely enough money to support a meager existence?

what is the damn point

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Pisceslilith, Remus and 4 others
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
i feel this so fucking hard. job hunting is miserable.

i can't stand pretending to be Worky McSlaveaway, the Good Employable Boy who "thrives in a fast-paced environment" and just loooves when everything is hard and bad.

what a humiliating slog. and for what? the opportunity to - if i'm very lucky - sell half my waking hours and most of my energy for barely enough money to support a meager existence?

what is the damn point
Exactly, just love all that corporate speak. "Fast paced work environment"means you'll be working your balls off because they were too cheap to hire more help. After working for so many years, I feel like I was once a wet rag that has been squeezed dry and tossed aside.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Pisceslilith, unreal and 3 others
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Job searching is a fucking joke.

You need previous experience to get an internship. Fuck education, fuck fluency in two foreign languages. You need an internship to get an internship.

Even for the most pitiful position in a company, there are like a hundred different stages of the recruitment process. During which you have to pretend that this job is your biggest dream.

All parties involved know that I just need to put food on my table. So what the fuck.

I know that even when I finally have a career, I will be miserable. Spending my life working, hating the monotony of it and knowing that my work doesn't really mean much. It all makes no sense.

Job hunting is what keeps me going and occupied these days, but I know it's a goal for the sake of having one. I'm active and planning for the future. I'm in motion, running away from thinking about how pointless life is.
I applied to 400 jobs before I got my first one. Was so stressful and tedious. It was either that or CTB, at the time so I was freaking out. Spent like 10-12 hours a day looking and applying for jobs. Was way too anxious and stressed about it to do anything else while awake.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Sick of it all, FadeOut and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Working is just being a slave to the society and all that life is, is just basically distracting ourselves until we die. It's all pointless and has no purpose and all of these life problems would have been prevented by never existing at all. It's understandable as to why working makes people want to ctb even more, it can certainly be tiring when people have to spend lots of their time doing something that they hate.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Pisceslilith, FadeOut and 1 other person
P

plastic

Jan 16, 2021
Capitalism forces people to do what they don't like, and we work for the dreams of businessmen. It is even worse if you are an opponent of these visionaries and think that civilization is on the wrong path. The problem is money, we work for it. When you live in a poor country, you are poorly paid and your life is reduced to paying utilities and buying the cheapest food. Sometimes it's even worse when you can't even find that low-paying job because they won't hire you. It's been like this for me for the last 5 years..

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Pisceslilith, sleeps and rationaltake
O

onetapgandhi

Student
Oct 4, 2022
Got a job I really wanted but that doesn't really solve my problem. I commit suicide because 3 things 1. Overbearing mom 2. Overbearing dad 3. Failed business. Job solves nothing. Even told both of them to leave me alone or I'll die but they insist "just take a 2 day vacation and you'll be fine". Tomorrow, I take the final vacation

• Hugs
Reactions: Sick of it all
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Got a job I really wanted but that doesn't really solve my problem. I commit suicide because 3 things 1. Overbearing mom 2. Overbearing dad 3. Failed business. Job solves nothing. Even told both of them to leave me alone or I'll die but they insist "just take a 2 day vacation and you'll be fine". Tomorrow, I take the final vacation
Is there any possibility of getting away from your parents?

Reactions: newave3
O

onetapgandhi

Student
Oct 4, 2022
Is there any possibility of getting away from your parents?
This job but they keep on dragging me into the sewers. I am changing towns but since my mom and dad live estranged, she's on the phone today being (I just got the job) "You take your time. Don't worry about me. You're free to go. Free from all responsibility. I can come live with you after 2 months right no problem. Yeah son no pressure. no responsibilities figure out your own path in life but see parents only have their kids their happiness. So I'll be there in 2 months. Kids take care and responsibility of their parents right?' And my dad is also on my ass like "Go live free. I'll divorce your mom. don't worry about me. you are free from my side. You're dead to me. When I go to jail after killing your mom and then don't come to bail me out" and then 5 minutes later "You fuck give me those annexure reports on the factory and start its tax filing. Wtf is wrong with you the inspectors are coming in tomorrow. Draft this reply document and make a compliance report today. Also, do that other permits thingy the water one". He does this 5 minutes after saying "What have you done in this business? nothing. If I only had more help from you, we'd have made it"

Both these fuckers think I'll roll with their punches. Fuckers won't see what hit him. These kids are lost without me man. On god I am tired raising these two

I've told both these fucks to their face to please leave me alone. Leave me be to die because you are both killing me. And then they get into their own fight because "You did this to him" "No you" hit each other, the police comes and I have to get both of them back from the station. and on the way back, these fucks are like "yeah we are destroying your life. we have ruined you". Then 2 weeks later, lo and behold, same shit different day. If there's a painful death, I hope it befalls both of them

Last edited:
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
This job but they keep on dragging me into the sewers. I am changing towns but since my mom and dad live estranged, she's on the phone today being (I just got the job) "You take your time. Don't worry about me. You're free to go. Free from all responsibility. I can come live with you after 2 months right no problem. Yeah son no pressure. no responsibilities figure out your own path in life but see parents only have their kids their happiness. So I'll be there in 2 months. Kids take care and responsibility of their parents right?' And my dad is also on my ass like "Go live free. I'll divorce your mom. don't worry about me. you are free from my side. You're dead to me. When I go to jail after killing your mom and then don't come to bail me out" and then 5 minutes later "You fuck give me those annexure reports on the factory and start its tax filing. Wtf is wrong with you the inspectors are coming in tomorrow. Draft this reply document and make a compliance report today. Also, do that other permits thingy the water one". He does this 5 minutes after saying "What have you done in this business? nothing. If I only had more help from you, we'd have made it"

Both these fuckers think I'll roll with their punches. Fuckers won't see what hit him. These kids are lost without me man. On god I am tired raising these two

I've told both these fucks to their face to please leave me alone. Leave me be to die because you are both killing me. And then they get into their own fight because "You did this to him" "No you" hit each other, the police comes and I have to get both of them back from the station. and on the way back, these fucks are like "yeah we are destroying your life. we have ruined you". Then 2 weeks later, lo and behold, same shit different day. If there's a painful death, I hope it befalls both of them
I sort of get it. I cut my parents years ago. But I realise not everyone can do that. It sounds like you want to be free of them and you need to get away from them to survive. Only you can make the decision to let them go. You've told them to leave you alone. The next step is to ignore them. Change your phone number. It takes a lot of strength and you really need to be determined. But it seems that would be the only way to have any sort of life.

O

onetapgandhi

Student
Oct 4, 2022
I sort of get it. I cut my parents years ago. But I realise not everyone can do that. It sounds like you want to be free of them and you need to get away from them to survive. Only you can make the decision to let them go. You've told them to leave you alone. The next step is to ignore them. Change your phone number. It takes a lot of strength and you really need to be determined. But it seems that would be the only way to have any sort of life.
This job I got, my father knows the CEO and my immediate boss there. Its only about 30km from my home. Maybe if I had a job somewhere far it would work but not right now

• Hugs
Reactions: rationaltake