StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Looking for a job is so FUCKED up. I applied for an admin asst. Set up the interview (on line) - it was for today @ 1 p.m. I just received an e-mail telling me that the interview was cancelled. No reason - nothing just some fucking email. No one should wonder why I want to ctb. I'll never find a job and the shit I've been through looking for a job would send anybody over the edge.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: anxious_depressive, _Seeking and Dead Meat
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Looking for a job is so FUCKED up. I applied for an admin asst. Set up the interview (on line) - it was for today @ 1 p.m. I just received an e-mail telling me that the interview was cancelled. No reason - nothing just some fucking email. No one should wonder why I want to ctb. I'll never find a job and the shit I've been through looking for a job would send anybody over the edge.
Are you in the US? I've had quite a bit of luck with recruiters who post on LinkedIn. They will always get you an interview for something.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Are you in the US? I've had quite a bit of luck with recruiters who post on LinkedIn. They will always get you an interview for something.
I am in the US. I've been a paralegal for over 20 years and have applied for over 150 jobs in the past six months. Very frustrated. I will try Linked In. Thank you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat
angiegirl30

angiegirl30

Student
Jan 20, 2022
I don't know where you're located at but I'm in Ohio and the weather is a real shitshow today. Ice, snow, etc. If not that, there are a lot of reasons for canceling., The interviewer may be ill or not able to make that time. Admin may have deleted the job due to budget. You get what I'm saying. Don't take it personally. Just keep looking. Job hunting sucks. Several years ago it took me 5 months to find a job after relocating. And I'm a nurse. Have a degree, etc. It sucks but that's how it is sometimes. But please don't give up. Sending you some virtual hugs and love. 💛💛

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
I don't know where you're located at but I'm in Ohio and the weather is a real shitshow today. Ice, snow, etc. If not that, there are a lot of reasons for canceling., The interviewer may be ill or not able to make that time. Admin may have deleted the job due to budget. You get what I'm saying. Don't take it personally. Just keep looking. Job hunting sucks. Several years ago it took me 5 months to find a job after relocating. And I'm a nurse. Have a degree, etc. It sucks but that's how it is sometimes. But please don't give up. Sending you some virtual hugs and love. 💛💛
Thank you for your words of encouragement. I've been unemployed for six months and have applied for over 150 jobs. I received one offer from MT, but had to decline because of the cost of moving. I've given myself another two weeks (maybe). If I don't find a job by then I will have no other choice but to ctb. It's ok - I'm 60 so I've lived as long as I really want to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, angiegirl30 and TerminalConscience
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
staffing agencies might be able to help. not ideal but better than nothing

• Love
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
staffing agencies might be able to help. not ideal but better than nothing
I'm with three different agencies right now. It's almost as if I'm not supposed to be here any more. I've tried so hard to find a job yet nothing happens. As we all know without a job there is no money. Without money, sadly, there is no life.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat and Crazy4u
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
Less oil
Less jobs
Less stuff
Less people

Reactions: EraseRewind
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

Do you have any work experience in your field of work? I don't live in the USA, but where I live, work experience - and not education - is the golden ticket to a job.

Do you know of anyone who might have contacts within the industry that you might want to work in? If so, you could ask them if their company has a job opening? Sometimes, word-of-mouth means more than both education and work experience.

Good luck!

A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
right here with you. job hunting is so fucked. i swear i've been looking forever, but it's really hard. especially as someone who has very little job experience (i quit my first job not long after i started because i was at a real low point and just mentally couldn't handle it). i also don't have a high school diploma (though i'm working on getting it) which makes things more difficult as well.

i mean i guess i understand that a 20 year old with basically no work experience or high school diploma wouldn't be the most appealing candidate, but it's still quite irritating.

StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
right here with you. job hunting is so fucked. i swear i've been looking forever, but it's really hard. especially as someone who has very little job experience (i quit my first job not long after i started because i was at a real low point and just mentally couldn't handle it). i also don't have a high school diploma (though i'm working on getting it) which makes things more difficult as well.

i mean i guess i understand that a 20 year old with basically no work experience or high school diploma wouldn't be the most appealing candidate, but it's still quite irritating.
Get your GED!!!! Absolutely. You can do this. After that (even if you hate school) find a community college and take a couple courses that you're interested in. You CAN do this!! Then you can pick and choose what job you want.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat and allesistgut
A

allesistgut

Experienced
Jan 22, 2022
Get your GED!!!! Absolutely. You can do this. After that (even if you hate school) find a community college and take a couple courses that you're interested in. You CAN do this!! Then you can pick and choose what job you want.
thank you for the kind words of encouragement. ❤️

• Love
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
thank you for the kind words of encouragement. ❤️
As old as I am - I only speak the truth. You CAN do this - don't let anyone tell you otherwise. People (and even we do this ourselves) try to defeat us. You are a young, smart individual who can do whatever you want - just do it ... You Go !!!

• Love
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020

Even with no job history or GED, Amazon or UPS would hire you on the spot, for about $15/hr.

I taught adult school for years - at 20, you would need about one month of review and be ready fro the test. Definitely recommend you get the GED.