C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018
I thought I was going to be dead by 18. I didn't try in high school and dropped out. Big mistake. It ruined my academics. I'm now in my 20s, in college, and realized that yeah, I'm not prepared for college. I'm not capable of getting a bachelors and looked at associates degrees options. They either don't pay well or are beyond my aptitude. Looked into trade school and the military. Not really a great option. Fuck it. I could potentially work 5 times as hard as my classmates, but fuck that shit. I also realized it won't get any better once I'm in the work force. People tell you the cliques, the mean girls, and the gossip and bullies goes away once you're an adult. That is a lie. I have a job outside of school, and holy crap, do cliques and the gossip still exist! Even in grown adults who have been out of high school for more than half of their lives. The school and work situation is another reason I want to ctb. It's either that or homelessness. I also looked into just being in the work force. Nope. Fuck that shit. I hate life already, I don't see why I would want to work or bust my ass in school when my efforts don't even go anywhere. I've busted my ass god knows how many times for nothing at work and school. It rarely pays off.

Edit: I also hate the military culture. I'd be miserable there.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, BlackDragonof1989, ron_g and 10 others
Crest33

Crest33

Sheet slinger
Nov 28, 2018
I'm having the same issues as you. I've already washed 3 and a half years for a degree that doesn't fit and I wil never succeed in.

I would like to change my life into another life an get as far away as my hometown as possible. But that's just almost impossible

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
J'ai 37 ans, je ne peux plus travailler, c'est pour elle que je veux ctb car j'ai l'impression que je ne suis pas la même chose que les autres

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, ron_g, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Crest33

Crest33

Sheet slinger
Nov 28, 2018
J'ai 37 ans, je ne peux plus travailler, c'est pour elle que je veux ctb car j'ai l'impression que je ne suis pas la même chose que les autres
It think we have all other reasons. None of us is the same. But we're here to help each other.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018
It think we have all other reasons. None of us is the same. But we're here to help each other.
yes here oh moin people understand us

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989 and Crest33
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
what is wrong with a trade or the military?

because your parents told you you are worthless without a college degree?

if that is your only problem id give life another shot

F

furax53

Student
Nov 13, 2018

the worry is that I have anxieties on the job and at home the job is not attractive

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
RememberWhatUCameFor

RememberWhatUCameFor

dont cry for me im already dead
Nov 20, 2018
the worry is that I have anxieties on the job and at home the job is not attractive

what do you mean with anixieties? social anixiety?

most white collar jobs include social interactions as well buddy

Reactions: Comatose11
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I thought I was going to be dead by 18. I didn't try in high school and dropped out. Big mistake. It ruined my academics. I'm now in my 20s, in college, and realized that yeah, I'm not prepared for college. I'm not capable of getting a bachelors and looked at associates degrees options. They either don't pay well or are beyond my aptitude. Looked into trade school and the military. Not really a great option. Fuck it. I could potentially work 5 times as hard as my classmates, but fuck that shit. I also realized it won't get any better once I'm in the work force. People tell you the cliques, the mean girls, and the gossip and bullies goes away once you're an adult. That is a lie. I have a job outside of school, and holy crap, do cliques and the gossip still exist! Even in grown adults who have been out of high school for more than half of their lives. The school and work situation is another reason I want to ctb. It's either that or homelessness. I also looked into just being in the work force. Nope. Fuck that shit. I hate life already, I don't see why I would want to work or bust my ass in school when my efforts don't even go anywhere. I've busted my ass god knows how many times for nothing at work and school. It rarely pays off.

Everybody should read the book worthless by Aaron Clarey b4 going to college because college now is a scam and only certain majors will pay off. Because so many people are going to college it's became worthless. I agree, work culture is often like high school. It didn't change, one reason I hated working with other people. I wish I could give more advice on this, because there are still ways to succeed but you can't do what everybody else is doing. Are you female or male? This makes a difference as well. Women are lied to about getting a career and often we are not happy over the longterm, because u miss out on kids and marriage if u wait too long to lock down a partner while you're at your most attractive years to men. Only 2% of people will have careers, the rest will have jobs and jobs are often not pleasant.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Comatose11
C

Comatose11

Mage
Jul 26, 2018

None of those would be good options. They also aren't my only problems. They're the icing on the cake.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, BlackDragonof1989 and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018

Same I want to CTB because of school. I am from the Uk so its differerent. After secondary school I got good gcses. I went straight into Sixth form to do my alevels to do nursing . Planing to do a nursing degree at UCL or Kings College University. I got severely bullied and fell into depression for about 4 months into school so i dropped out. Waited a year to try again but the trauma from before made me paraniod that I would get builled again and well I am 18 now. All my mates are in University. I cant do my alevels because its to late now. So yeah I am fucked. I wish I stayed in school and faced the bullies. But now CTB is the only way for me.I know my mom is ashamed of me deep inside.

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Hey I dropped out of HS as well because of depression and bad home life. I tried college and it wasn't right for me at the time, but I was really good with computers so I piled on certificates. I'm a cybersecurity analyst making pretty good money on a HS diploma with 6 years experience and a load of certifications (CISSP, SANS certs, CASP). I finally enrolled myself into an online university to get my bachelors. I still have depression and my home life is so-so. My family never really got over me dropping out of HS, even though I make 3 times as much as they do now.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap and BlackDragonof1989
R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
People tell you the cliques, the mean girls, and the gossip and bullies goes away once you're an adult. That is a lie. I have a job outside of school, and holy crap, do cliques and the gossip still exist! Even in grown adults who have been out of high school for more than half of their lives.
Even adults of middle or advanced age can tease, bully and gossip. Including some intelligent and highly educated people. Some are very immature and in certain ways behave like children.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lifeisatrap, Lefty and 1 other person