Anxieyote

Anxieyote

Sobriety over everything else • 30 • Midwest
Mar 24, 2021
I was watching children's shows last night to cope, and there was a bunny rabbit (around 10 or 11 years old) who gets invited to her first sleepover.

She's deaf and has a hearing aid, which makes her really afraid of losing her new friends, so she goes along with everything they want to do, even if it's making her upset.

She finally snaps when they refer to her as their "deaf friend" and imply that she isn't very pretty. They try to put makeup on her, but she comes up with a batshit excuse like "deaf people are allergic to makeup". Her friends don't buy it, and she realizes later that she doesn't need to make excuses if a situation is making her uncomfortable.

She has a superhero fantasy that she uses to cope with having hearing aids (using the wires as lassos, having "super-hearing" with her special microphone, etc.) so at the end of the episode, she says, "Even if I don't have any superpowers in real life, I'll always have the power to say 'no'."

I thought it was really cute. I get that the message is about setting healthy boundaries in friendships, but I also like the phrase in regards to my own existence.

We all have the power to say "no" when it comes to this life. We don't have to endure or stick it out if things get overwhelming, or if we aren't able to deal with tough situations. Exiting is also an option we have at our disposal, which is what the bunny rabbit decides to do when she calls her Mom to pick her up; and remove herself from the stressful situation.

I know I've almost reached my limit when it comes to life's challenges. And even though some people might tell us "hang in there" or "that's just the way it is"—you really don't have to accept that. You can also say "no" to these statements, while glancing over at your noose or bottle of SN.

We may never get anyone else's permission to die, but the ball will always be in our court in that regard; which is a comforting thought.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Pricelessadvice, Insomniac, _Minsk and 4 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Oh mah lord, millions of children are going to kill themselves after seeing that hidden pro-choice propaganda! Phone the legislators now, my children must stay alive to wipe my ass when I'm 90!

• Yay!
Reactions: _Minsk, little helpers, demuic and 2 others
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Being confident in one's own views/convictions despite outside influences and peer pressure is the ultimate super power if you ask me. (so cheesy I know!)

Last edited:
Reactions: little helpers and demuic
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Being confident in one's own views/convictions despite outside influences and peer pressure is the ultimate super power

step brothers no GIF

• Yay!
Reactions: Snake of Eden
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
Being confident in one's own views/convictions despite outside influences and peer pressure is the ultimate super power if you ask me. (so cheesy I know!)

It really is the ultimate super power.

I was watching children's shows last night to cope

relatable.

I agree with everything you said even though the writers of the show would be horrified at your post

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
We all have the right to exit at a time of our own choosing, suicide is a personal decision. We have no obligations to stay alive as we did not ask to exist in the first place. Other people have no say in it. I am very tired of living and I was never meant for this life. A peaceful death is what I deserve. Nobody should be in a position where they feel like they are forced to live against their wishes.

Reactions: NormaJeane