• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
wow i dont even know where to start with my questions. basically i think i understand but i want to double check.

ok so the rope i have is 6mm. (i can get more if need be and from what im looking at probably anyway whether i need more or not we're going to use this measurement for this)

it says a 6mm has a minimum breaking strength of 540lbf. "A pound-force (lbf) is a non-SI (non-System International) measurement unit of force. The pound-force is equal to a mass of one avoirdupois pound multiplied by the standard acceleration due to gravity on Earth, which is defined as exactly 9.80665 meter per second." so if i attach a brick or something to it to weight it down tie to to the top of a building or cliff then throw it, it will break? (assuming the height is high enough which how high that is is unknown to me)

safe load 45lbf. so this would be the ideal weight? also what does safety factor of 12 mean?

and the last thing says the weight is 0.018lbm/ft. is this how much it weights or how much it can handle?

i thought it was going to be simpler then this. im not making that mistake again. also once i went through my questions i realized i understand nothing lol.

edit: oh i should probably add im about 125lbs. but if someone can just explain how the math works and what everything means i can do the math myself.

Last edited:
LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
I did some math when I bought a rope, it's 12mm and has 600 kgf (I'm around 80 kg), but I can only provide in SI. So, if I'm not mistake, for my rope it will be like this:

1 kgf = 10 N
F = 9.8 N
1 N = 0.1 kgf

A person weighing 80 kg will press on the earth with a force of 80 * 9.8 and it will be expressed in Newtons, and not in kilograms.
80 * 10 = 800 N
600 kgf = 6000 N
100 kgf/m2 ~= 1 kPa = 1 kN/m2

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
I did some math when I bought a rope, it's 12mm and has 600 kgf (I'm around 80 kg), but I can only provide in SI. So, if I'm not mistake, for my rope it will be like this:

1 kgf = 10 N
F = 9.8 N
1 N = 0.1 kgf

A person weighing 80 kg will press on the earth with a force of 80 * 9.8 and it will be expressed in Newtons, and not in kilograms.
80 * 10 = 800 N
600 kgf = 6000 N
100 kgf/m2 ~= 1 kPa = 1 kN/m2
i think im starting to understand it. would the *10 be the same for lbs? i dont want to just assume it is.

edit. also where did you get that last line of math

LastWhisper

LastWhisper

Who cares if I'm drunk?
Oct 29, 2019
i think im starting to understand it. would the *10 be the same for lbs? i dont want to just assume it is.

edit. also where did you get that last line of math
No idea, never dealt with non-SI system. You can convert lbs to kg to calculate the final values and then convert it back.

Last line is from wiki, but for some reason it's missing in English version:
282a574d815d.png

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
No idea, never dealt with non-SI system. You can convert lbs to kg to calculate the final values and then convert it back.
this doesnt sound like a bad idea. ok ill try this
i did find this

6squared/200
36/200
.18tonnes = a little under 400pounds......for a small rope? really? if this is accurate im impressed

Last edited: