• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

S

SN;)

I never asked to be born in the first place
Apr 12, 2024
I've had SN in my secret safe for 5 years now. Been hesitating and putting off my day of CTB for the past 5 years. By then my life has fallen apart completely. I'm thinking my day to CTB is coming soon. I know Stan's guide to SN recommends 8 hours fasting, and hiding away properly. However, these days I sometimes get impulsive thoughts that I really want to go to my secret safe and take the SN right now. What are the risks of an eventual emotional breakdown leading to taking the SN without the 8 hours fasting and without making sure that nobody finds me in time?

There is the risk that I die without properly having said goodbye to the people I wanted to. I feel an emotionally positive aspect of the impulsive scenario: I can go with no second thoughts and hesitation. And there's the risk that I survive, either by vomiting it out (I don't 100% trust my antiemetic). Or getting found. I read in the PPH that if methylene blue is injected in time SN poisoning is reversible and the risk of ending up in a coma or similar are low. So I either die or it gets reversed, right? I'd be risking getting locked up in a mental hospital, but the more grave question is, would I be risking having to live on with permanent damage?

• Love
Reactions: juna, Unknown21 and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Is this 8 hour fasting for people who go to the toilet multiple times a day?

S

SN;)

Apr 12, 2024
"If your stomach feels empty after 4 hours, take a 4 hours fast. Some sources say 8 hours is needed." I'm not so sure, but I think I have an average pace metabolism, so I thought I'd go with the higher number.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I've had SN in my secret safe for 5 years now. Been hesitating and putting off my day of CTB for the past 5 years. By then my life has fallen apart completely. I'm thinking my day to CTB is coming soon. I know Stan's guide to SN recommends 8 hours fasting, and hiding away properly. However, these days I sometimes get impulsive thoughts that I really want to go to my secret safe and take the SN right now. What are the risks of an eventual emotional breakdown leading to taking the SN without the 8 hours fasting and without making sure that nobody finds me in time?

There is the risk that I die without properly having said goodbye to the people I wanted to. I feel an emotionally positive aspect of the impulsive scenario: I can go with no second thoughts and hesitation. And there's the risk that I survive, either by vomiting it out (I don't 100% trust my antiemetic). Or getting found. I read in the PPH that if methylene blue is injected in time SN poisoning is reversible and the risk of ending up in a coma or similar are low. So I either die or it gets reversed, right? I'd be risking getting locked up in a mental hospital, but the more grave question is, would I be risking having to live on with permanent damage?
Isn't it expired after 5 years?

Is this 8 hour fasting for people who go to the toilet multiple times a day?
Going to the bathroom empties your intestine, not your stomach, fasting is so that the stomach is as eager as possible to process food, but we give it poison.

• Love
Reactions: juna, Forveleth and Adûnâi
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
Isn't it expired after 5 years?
It can last indefinitely if it is properly sealed!

Going to the bathroom empties your intestine, not your stomach, fasting is so that the stomach is as eager as possible to process food, but we give it poison.
I second this, never heard of an 8 hour fast before. Wishing you all the best with your decision tho!!

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
It can last indefinitely if it is properly sealed!
This is theoretically true, but in practice the nitrite will slowly degrade to nitrate even if the packaging is never opened. Food grade SN will stay within the assay reported levels for about three years, after which you can no longer guarantee the purity

• Informative
Reactions: broth0100, dogbreath, Esokabat and 2 others
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
This thread might be of use to you. Someone compiled outcomes of SN tries, both successful and not.

Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
This is theoretically true, but in practice the nitrite will slowly degrade to nitrate even if the packaging is never opened. Food grade SN will stay within the assay reported levels for about three years, after which you can no longer guarantee the purity
That is true but like said, it is very depending on the container and where it is kept. Doing an aquarium test beforehand is what I would recommend to be sure.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023

People have accidentally died from it with no preparation and very little amount of SN. They also have survived it. Impulsive and unplanned attempt is not ideal . It's not always a die or reverse thing. Depending on a lot of factors you could be saved fine or sustain damage.

Reactions: juna
S

SN;)

Apr 12, 2024
Yeah I also read that it has an indefinite shelf life. But good point, I'll do an aquarium test. Although I'm pretty sure it doesn't contact air in my container.

Reactions: juna and Unknown21
Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
The worst that may happen is brain damage or amputation (uncommon or unlikely), although you do not reach the stage of brain damage because death often occurs before that and the cause is cardiac arrest. This explains why most of the failed cases do not have brain damage, but in return they can have heart \ kidney \ bladder problems.
If your SN is pure enough, you will die of cardiac arrest while unconscious within 40 minutes or less.

Reactions: juna
D

Dark-Knight

Student
Feb 18, 2023
The worst that may happen is brain damage or amputation (uncommon or unlikely), although you do not reach the stage of brain damage because death often occurs before that and the cause is cardiac arrest. This explains why most of the failed cases do not have brain damage, but in return they can have heart \ kidney \ bladder problems.
If your SN is pure enough, you will die of cardiac arrest while unconscious within 40 minutes or less.
What can get amputated? And why would amputation be required?

Unknown21

Unknown21

?/?/2024
Apr 25, 2023
What can get amputated? And why would amputation be required?
There are no cases of amputation due to SN so far. I am just assuming the worst scenario. I assumed this because I read in an article previously about a case who was suffering from sepsis and had one of her limbs amputated and there was a high level of methemoglobin in the blood. Also, theoretically, hypoxia causes tissue damage, which can lead to amputation.

E

Edgerunner

Jun 9, 2024
Even if it works and gets the job done, I don't think it is worth crossing the bridge while freaking about how it could go sideways :/

Reactions: DepressedDude