• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I may have made a thread about catalysts and triggers before, but recently, I figured I explain the difference between them and reasons for CTB'ing.

While a catalyst can be a reason or a factor, the main difference between a reason and a catalyst is that a catalyst is something that serves as a spark/ignition to a powder keg (I figured this analogy would make sense to others on here), or in this case, the small push that pushes one over the edge when they are already at the brink. Make no mistake though, it is not necessarily based on impulse, especially if the person already has made the decision to do so and has already thoroughly thought about it over a certain period of time (months, years, many years, etc.). So in short, catalysts themselves could serve as reasons and factors for CTB'ing, but not necessarily the primary nor major reason(s) for CTB'ing. Instead, they are the spark that sets off the process (which in this case, CTB).

For example, using my case for instance. I have a few important life factors (which aren't actually reasons for my wanting to CTB or even related to it, at least not directly), and depending on the result of it, coupled with my already leaning towards going to CTB, it could be the thing that finally pushes me over the edge towards CTB'ing. Another catalyst could also double as a reason, but what separates it is that it is proverbial spark that sets off the chain reaction.

Also, when I get around to writing my goodbye thread (which will be in the future, time and circumstance dependent), I would at most briefly list my catalysts, not really go into detail as a goodbye thread's purpose is just to give closure and serve as a transition from existence to nonexistence. Furthermore, I have already listed all my reasons (major and minor ones) for wanting to CTB in a lot of threads on here, thus it would be redundant and unnecessary to repeat all of it plus it would make a closure thread into a super long mega essay which defeats the purpose of keeping it succinct and to the point (Note: I am not telling others how to write their goodbye threads, but just giving my reasoning and two cents on how I'd write mine. Anyone is welcome to write their goodbye threads however they see fit.).

Hopefully this makes sense and helps some people learn a few new things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr2005, 262653 and GrumpyFrog
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Bump, just in case anyone missed this.