• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Go to Mind Freedom International
Contact their Shield Program

You'll be able to write down details about your mental health needs, what treatments you do/don't consent to, to share them with a group of pro-choice advocates. In the event that you're picked up by the cops or emergency services, you can call their number. If you want, they'll send out a public alert on your behalf - getting people to contact the hospital calling for your release, they have a few lawyers who work with them too, right now for instance people in this program are advocating for a young man who's subject to forced electroshock - helping him fundraise for a private attorney and look for housing possibly in a different state where this won't happen to him.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: jithin, Bleh, Fish_astronaut and 15 others

◄✵火✵〇°Ø•WÅR•Ī°〇✵火✵►

Student
Feb 22, 2021
Wow, thanks so much for sharing. I never heard of that! This is really helpful! It's great that such an organisation exists, really. So many could benefit from it. I'm glad about it.

Reactions: Queenfatty19, a.h and EmbraceOfTheVoid
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
It's a shame that they don't operate in the EU but still it's nice to hear that there is some org. that does those kind of things.

Reactions: Cowtipper, a.h and _Minsk
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
You could contact them and ask if they would send out a Shield alert for someone in the EU.

I mean they have affiliates in Australia and Ghana.

Reactions: a.h
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Go to Mind Freedom International
Contact their Shield Program

You'll be able to write down details about your mental health needs, what treatments you do/don't consent to, to share them with a group of pro-choice advocates. In the event that you're picked up by the cops or emergency services, you can call their number. If you want, they'll send out a public alert on your behalf - getting people to contact the hospital calling for your release, they have a few lawyers who work with them too, right now for instance people in this program are advocating for a young man who's subject to forced electroshock - helping him fundraise for a private attorney and look for housing possibly in a different state where this won't happen to him.

This is terrific--thank you for the resource!

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
These are, of course, just private individuals like you or I, volunteering to do this on a grassroots level - our capacities are only what we can do - there is however a VOLUNTEER TRAINING coming up in a couple weeks, if you would like to do this kind of work in solidarity with others - more volunteers are needed to expand how much the Shield can do. Feel free to DM me if you want to talk more about it.