TheBigGuiltHaver

TheBigGuiltHaver

Dec 25, 2021
My mom had all the school related stuff organized in her email, I decided to look back at the emails exchanged during my time in school.

All I could see is just the most obvious problems with hindsight, it's always been about me "not using my time wisely", looking around at other kids and just anything but the work and whenever confronted by a teacher, I continued to act like I was either fine or unsure of the situation.

How could they all be so stupid as to not see a pattern throughout the years? I have ADHD, I have depression, anxiety, autism, etc. You would think with all the years that teachers work at schools that they'd be able to see what was happening clear as day... if they even cared.

In the emails, starting from sixth grade, she's always had my back and always defended that I'm a smart kid, and even teachers acknowledged the same sentiment. I was a good creative writer and that was pointed out, but it was always something getting in the way, it was the early 2010s for fuck sake, mental health and shit like that was coming to the forefront but nobody gave enough of a fuck to see it.

The only time starting middle school and onward that I actually thrived in a class was during alternative math, one-on-one communication, fucking TEACHING, not just saying shit in front of a class daring people to speak in front of the class. The concept of shyness was a thing but I guess anxiety was non-fucking-existent.

Throughout the years, with each email that was sent by my mom, from what I can tell, she just started losing more and more hope. It was always the teachers' fault that I wasn't passing, it was the ways of being schooled, which was all true, but I guess after years of being gaslit into believing that they're trying their best with me, maybe she started thinking that I was the problem.

I can recall starting a couple years before her death when I was in late sophomore year, she started to crack down on me more and more as I was already visibly suffering, and I've expressed that so much but nonetheless, she was seemingly lead to believe that I was the issue... or am I wrong? I don't fucking know, it just looked like it by the way she spoke about me over those years.

None of them fucking thought to bring me to the doctor and just try to prescribe me with some kind of fucking medication, or therapy, or anything. I'm surprised I was sheltered enough to not even seriously consider CTB at that time, maybe I still had hopes and dreams at the time, maybe it's purely that I didn't think of it that seriously, I don't know anymore.

I wish I did it earlier in life, then I wouldn't feel the need to travel across the fucking country to feel right in where I die.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImpulsiveFreak and demuic
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience in education, it was awful for me as well. I am simply not meant for this world. I can relate to the feelings of wishing I left this world at an earlier date, it would have prevented a lot of suffering. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

• Love
Reactions: ImpulsiveFreak, demuic and TheBigGuiltHaver
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
In my experience, a lot of teachers are only there to collect a paycheck, or to get some twisted satisfaction over exerting their will over someone who is forced to obey them and always assumed to be the one in the wrong. The kids are always seen as a problem or causing problems for no reason without looking at what might be causing that, because they've already written them off due to characteristics that have been placed on them. The educational system in most places is very fucked. It is essentially a way of enforcing the hierarchy and status quo of the rest of society on people from a young age.

Reactions: ImpulsiveFreak, Kismet and TheBigGuiltHaver
Kismet

Kismet

life is pointless
Feb 16, 2022
Same, I was forced into self esteem classes up around 3rd grade and it obviously didn't help. Made it worse actually if I think about it. Terrible middle school experience. High school was better but only because i discovered drugs and moved 100 miles away

Reactions: TheBigGuiltHaver and ImpulsiveFreak
I

ImpulsiveFreak

Feb 18, 2022
Man all of school was fucked for me being bipolar, having adhd mixed with all that anxiety made all of it hell on earth. Made me completely unlikeable by my peers and staff. I was always a problem for others. I don't miss it. I always saw it as my fault but I def don't think that anymore. And it's no one else's fault here too we didn't choose how we were born.

Reactions: TheBigGuiltHaver and meetapple