3FormsofUnhappiness

3FormsofUnhappiness

Jul 7, 2023
I feel like the only way for me to be released is to CTB - but that is far too inaccessible. My family raised me Catholic and they often told me that if I committed I would go to hell and such. I claim to myself I do not believe that as much but deep down inside I am always anxious that putting a relief to my own pain causes me more pain, what if I go to hell? My family would be disappointed in knowing a family member is going to therapy as that claims they are mentally unwell. I have begged my mother when I was a child for me to get help, but now that I am older I have no more recourse; nothing will help me anymore. What more would they think of me if I ever did this? But if I'm being honest, I feel relieved in the thought that they'd dislike me. But now that I think of it - if Catholic beliefs are true or not I'd be going to hell if I die through time or if I CTB either way..

• Aww..
Reactions: It'sMyLife, Rational man and girlsboysthems
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
religion is society's accepted mental illness
religion indoctrination is a form of child abuse
teaching children they go to hell for their sins is a forum of child abuse
most religious people don't choose their religion there born into it
i mean what's worse having an imaginary friend or an imaginary enemy

The Bible views suicide as equal to murder, which is what it is—self-murder. God is the only one who is to decide when and how a person should die, delusional bullshit, the bible is full of contradictions.

God is the giver of life. He gives, and He takes away (Job 1:21). Suicide, the taking of one's own life, is ungodly because it rejects God's gift of life. No man or woman should presume to take God's authority upon themselves to end his or her own life.

but god decides when and how i will die even if thats via suicide

• Wow
  • Hugs
Reactions: It'sMyLife, angel31, Prime0 and 4 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Religions are manmade and beliefs are indoctrinated it's kinda social pressure. Religions were invented to control the masses through fear! And it's a crime your parents did to you not hearing your call for help because of "beliefs". In all cases it's your own free decision when you want to leave this hell called life on earth. I hope you can find peace!

Edit: If there was an almighty all merciful all forgiving god he would not accept all this suffering that is there on earth for so many people and he would give the option to a free peaceful death at any time!! Just think about this fact!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: It'sMyLife and Rational man
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
You sound like you carry guilt, even for deeds not carried out. But to be fair, I think the church instils guilt into its 'flock' by way of conditioned thoughts and temptations by ' the devil's work'. look around you. We see good and evil everywhere so we dont wait to arrive in purgatory for the last judgement. I dont believe in the God we speak of but I do believe the cosmos is our creator and father. Our Earth is our Mother. When we die, our identity is gone and our remains rejoin with Earth. We eventually become star dust when our world implodes. So this notion of heaven and hell is foolhardy because why be threatened by a loving father omnipresent god when genuine unconditional caring love can be found in your best friend.!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me anything related to religion is a fictional concept, I very strongly believe that once we die we just cease existing and return to the state of non-existence which I see as being ideal, death is true relief from all suffering. The only hell is this hellish reality we already exist in.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Rational man
flightlessbutterfly

flightlessbutterfly

Mindless Wanderer
Jun 25, 2023
I'm not religious. Not really. But I went to a Catholic school and am living in an Islamic country. What have I learned? Faith is a concept devised by the desperate and the helpless to pretend that their troubles can be resolved by an omnipotent being who's watching over every single human on this earth.
( I also grew up in a Buddhist household, but my parents beliefs and faith are directed more towards self improvement and self sufficiency. )

Because I grew up in these religions, I was allowed to explore others beyond what I was exposed to. And one thing I have come to understand is that no one truly knows what comes after death. No one does.

So make up your own.

If only to help you out of this rut for a little longer, at least you can spend whatever remaining days you have left in a bliss of faith. No one deserves to die in pain, no one deserves to die alone, no one deserves to suffer til death.

Imagine, the best afterlife you could have after you die and religiously believe in it. Whether that gives you more incentive to live or die, that isn't my place. But in the end, it's your choice. Isn't it?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and It'sMyLife