• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

untilwebecomestars

untilwebecomestars

trying to get by
Apr 13, 2023
I'm not religious but I do believe in God. I'm just curious to know different thoughts about the correlations between religion and what waits for us on the other side. How can one religion be "right"? Is there a right religion to begin with? Are there a different afterlives for different religions? Is there even an afterlife at all?

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Religion is likely just something that was created to bring people comfort, community, and meaning in life. I feel like God is just a man-made concept we created to explain how our universe came to be and the afterlife is likely nothing more than something else we came up with to comfort ourselves. People don't like uncertainty or the unknown, it makes them uncomfortable. As a result, we sometimes may attach ourselves to anything that may explain what is going on and once we have made up our minds and have invested enough time upholding said explanation/belief then it can be hard for us to let go of it.

I have doubts about there being a God or Gods, and I also have doubts about there being an afterlife. The afterlife bit doesn't even make much sense to me since your entire being is the result of your body, especially your brain. Your sense of self is just a product of neural activity so I don't see how there could even still be a "you" once the literal thing needed for your existence is gone.

The afterlife is a common concept in most religions, which makes sense since people tend to look to religion for comfort, guidance, and explanations on life and the way the world works. This probably results in the theme of there being an afterlife coming up a lot since it can be used to satisfy all three of those things and more. Death is scary for most people because it is not an experience you can go into knowing what will happen and what it will feel like. You've only ever experienced being alive, after all. The afterlife is a concept that provides comfort to most since it would mean that they don't have to fear the unknown anymore. It can allow for many to be freed from the shackles of existential dread and better cope with the inevitability of death. There isn't any evidence of there being an afterlife, of course, and I doubt there is one. I think that it's more likely that there isn't anything after death and I don't see it as a bad thing. Death is like being rewarded for having put in all that work to stay alive by allowing you infinite rest.

I know this just me blabbering on about the same bullshit that has been repeated by many over and over again, but that's honestly just my basic ass take on the matter.

Reactions: divinemistress36
untilwebecomestars

untilwebecomestars

trying to get by
Apr 13, 2023
Religion is likely just something that was created to bring people comfort, community, and meaning in life. I feel like God is just a man-made concept we created to explain how our universe came to be and the afterlife is likely nothing more than something else we came up with to comfort ourselves. People don't like uncertainty or the unknown, it makes them uncomfortable. As a result, we sometimes may attach ourselves to anything that may explain what is going on and once we have made up our minds and have invested enough time upholding said explanation/belief then it can be hard for us to let go of it.

I have doubts about there being a God or Gods, and I also have doubts about there being an afterlife. The afterlife bit doesn't even make much sense to me since your entire being is the result of your body, especially your brain. Your sense of self is just a product of neural activity so I don't see how there could even still be a "you" once the literal thing needed for your existence is gone.

The afterlife is a common concept in most religions, which makes sense since people tend to look to religion for comfort, guidance, and explanations on life and the way the world works. This probably results in the theme of there being an afterlife coming up a lot since it can be used to satisfy all three of those things and more. Death is scary for most people because it is not an experience you can go into knowing what will happen and what it will feel like. You've only ever experienced being alive, after all. The afterlife is a concept that provides comfort to most since it would mean that they don't have to fear the unknown anymore. It can allow for many to be freed from the shackles of existential dread and better cope with the inevitability of death. There isn't any evidence of there being an afterlife, of course, and I doubt there is one. I think that it's more likely that there isn't anything after death and I don't see it as a bad thing. Death is like being rewarded for having put in all that work to stay alive by allowing you infinite rest.

I know this just me blabbering on about the same bullshit that has been repeated by many over and over again, but that's honestly just my basic ass take on the matter.
Thank you for your response. You made very good points, and I completely agree with the idea of religion being used to provide comfort to people by first installing fear in them. I guess a part of me still wishes that there is some kind of warmth and welcome on the other side yk? I never tied myself to a religion because I ultimately believe that we all end up going to the same place... Only that I don't know where it is. Nobody knows.

"Infinite rest"... I don't know if I like or dislike the sound of that. Maybe by the time I'll die, rest is what I'll really need. Maybe it's what we'll all need.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
Mebius

Mebius

Student
Jun 13, 2024
I think we all reincarnate after the collapse of the universe over and over forever

• Love
Reactions: untilwebecomestars, divinemistress36 and lamargue
seventhheaven33

seventhheaven33

Enlightened Amnesiac
Jun 27, 2024
I think God is in all of us, One Being pretending to be many. I believe the universe is destroyed and again created for eternity.

• Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, Pluto and untilwebecomestars
untilwebecomestars

untilwebecomestars

trying to get by
Apr 13, 2023
I think we all reincarnate after the collapse of the universe over and over forever
I love that theory. My mother believed in the same concept.

damienlerone03

damienlerone03

reject humanity, return to monke
May 5, 2024
I think that after death, its just nothing, and thats something no one can really imagine because when we thinking of nothing we think of a void of black but thats still something yk. we literally just cease to exist, at least i hope thats true cuz if there is a hell, im so fuckedđź’€

Reactions: Edpal247 and itsneverbeenmoreove
untilwebecomestars

untilwebecomestars

trying to get by
Apr 13, 2023
I think that after death, its just nothing, and thats something no one can really imagine because when we thinking of nothing we think of a void of black but thats still something yk. we literally just cease to exist, at least i hope thats true cuz if there is a hell, im so fuckedđź’€
Lmaooo fr. Anything but hell đź’€

• Yay!
Reactions: damienlerone03
kyhoti

kyhoti

Student
May 27, 2024
I may be in the minority, I believe the Bible. Not some of the wonky sectarian preaching out there, but the actual book. I am hard-pressed to explain it, it just struck me as truth.

I struggle with what is tells me, a lot. I've read almost all of it, especially the New Testament. It is not always easy to read, and sometimes it hammers on me. Still, I can't shake it.

I may get hated on. Whatever. The OP asked, and I answered.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and untilwebecomestars
untilwebecomestars

untilwebecomestars

trying to get by
Apr 13, 2023
I may be in the minority, I believe the Bible. Not some of the wonky sectarian preaching out there, but the actual book. I am hard-pressed to explain it, it just struck me as truth.

I struggle with what is tells me, a lot. I've read almost all of it, especially the New Testament. It is not always easy to read, and sometimes it hammers on me. Still, I can't shake it.

I may get hated on. Whatever. The OP asked, and I answered.
No hate at all, don't worry. As much as I am non-religious, I've actually wanted to read the Bible at some point. I know how Christianity, Islam, and Judaism are the three Abrahamic religions, and they all believe in one God, so that seemed very interesting to me (of course they have their own religious texts tho).

lacrimosa

lacrimosa

Student
Jul 1, 2024
I believe that in the last moments, before you're 100% dead is your afterlife.

It's the whole premise of the movie Waking Life... I don't want to spoil it for you. You should definitely watch it if you're interested in the philosophy of what happens once you die. It touches on a lot of philosophical view points regarding death and it's worth watching a few times. It has so much packed into it and will open your mind.

• Love
Reactions: buyersremorse and untilwebecomestars
untilwebecomestars

untilwebecomestars

trying to get by
Apr 13, 2023

It's the whole premise of the movie Waking Life... I don't want to spoil it for you. You should definitely watch it if you're interested in the philosophy of what happens once you die. It touches on a lot of philosophical view points regarding death and it's worth watching a few times. It has so much packed into it and will open your mind.
Thank u, I'll make sure to watch it :)

buyersremorse

buyersremorse

useless
Feb 16, 2023

for real me too - waking life is probably one of the best philosophical films ever lol. i like the serenity of it, plus the dialogue is easily digestible yet complex and insightful, rlly is a great film for anyone uncertain about death/the afterlife/nature of reality, or just an enjoyer of silent contemplation in general.

everyone who hasn't seen it, im pretty sure its in public domain on internet archive where you can see it for free, even =)

<>

• Love
Reactions: untilwebecomestars and lacrimosa