T

Triangle

Jan 29, 2020
Saw an ad for free online therapy. Since I can't go to therapy in real life, I decided to give it a try despite my fear of therapists... The site made all these claims about how helpful it's supposed to be and I was starting to feel hopeful. It had me take a survey so it could "match me up with the best suited therapist."

Except instead it told me I need more help than they can give and didn't let me have any services at all, suggesting for me to go to one of those institutions where they don't let you leave... It really hurts to try to reach out like everyone says to do because it'd be helpful, only to be rejected. They promoted it like it would be helpful to anyone. More and more it feels like suicide is the only way to get rid of the pain.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Crushed_Innocence, k75 and LMFAO FOCKERS
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
That exact same thing has happened to me with every online therapist I've tried. I just wanted to see what it was like. I guess they aren't for people with real problems.

I see an actual therapist, anyway. I just wanted to kind of supplement my treatment. The ads make it look so easy.

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Saw an ad for free online therapy. Since I can't go to therapy in real life, I decided to give it a try despite my fear of therapists... The site made all these claims about how helpful it's supposed to be and I was starting to feel hopeful. It had me take a survey so it could "match me up with the best suited therapist."

Except instead it told me I need more help than they can give and didn't let me have any services at all, suggesting for me to go to one of those institutions where they don't let you leave... It really hurts to try to reach out like everyone says to do because it'd be helpful, only to be rejected. They promoted it like it would be helpful to anyone. More and more it feels like suicide is the only way to get rid of the pain.

I've been there myself, so guess what I did? I started reading books and became my own therapist.

Thats when I was in my early 20's. now I'm 45 and my reasons for wanting to Ctb are different than when I was 20.

Different books depending on your situation. So tell us what you're dealing with.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
To be honest, I feel like this forum is probably better than any of those online freebies anyway. You might be much better off with the support we have right here, @Triangle.

Reactions: notjustyetagain and Mm80
T

Triangle

Jan 29, 2020
I've been there myself, so guess what I did? I started reading books and became my own therapist.

Thats when I was in my early 20's. now I'm 45 and my reasons for wanting to Ctb are different than when I was 20.

Different books depending on your situation. So tell us what you're dealing with.

Without getting into personal details, just generally feeling miserable for no reason, and a phobia that greatly affects my life. A problem I have with most coping tools (such as CBT) is that in the past I've had traumatic therapists who pushed them in bad ways, and thinking about using them becomes counterproductive because it reminds me of those memories. Are there many books available for free online?

To be honest, I feel like this forum is probably better than any of those online freebies anyway. You might be much better off with the support we have right here, @Triangle.

Maybe, but I'm just trying to find anything I can right now. Trying to make an effort helps gives me hope, and getting a therapist would contribute to that if I can just find someone who's willing to give me a chance.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
therapy in my opinion is meant to help people and be there for people right?

on the other hand, stuff like this just reinforces my thought in regards to therapy. do therapists really wanna truly help people because they want to, as a fellow human being; or are therapists just like every other person, who wants to help because they feel like it's simply the right thing to do and feel forced to, like it's simply just their job. you'd wanna help people because there people and you wouldn't let the magnitude of a persons problems a burden on you're shoulders, period. what problem is too much to hear for a therapist or too much to assist, that you have to pass it off to an institution. it's just terrible and shows the lack of wanting to care.

i never think therapy will ever work for me, and it's simply because i truly believe those including therapists, whom are being paid, treat it as if it's a job and nothing more, and tell us what they think WE WANT TO HEAR. they lack empathy in my honest opinion.

you'll get alot more therapeutic help through forums like this or suicideforum.com. people who genuinly would love to hear you out and want to help you out, and those who have felt the pain and heartache you've felt throughout you're life. people who understand what it's like to go through what you're going to, and are wanting to listen, instead of being quick to offer advice to get over it.

take care.

Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
There's a super popular one that's been promoted by tons of people, including Youtubers of various kinds, and it really makes you trust it when you see a Youtuber who you've been watching for years and who also has mental illnesses say it's a great service. But it turns out they had a bunch of complaints against them because a lot of the people they hired weren't even licensed therapists! So yeah, it's nothing wrong with you at all, they outright reject anyone with major depression or suicidal thoughts because they don't even have real therapists.

• Wow
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and k75