mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Anyone else tormented by the same types of dreams all of the time ?

I myself am constantly tormented by a few different recurring dreams that I have.

The worse ones I have are...

1. I'm trapped in high school. In the dream It's usually the last week or last day of my senior year and I'm scared to death that I won't graduate because of failing grades. So in the dream I'm frantically walking around my old high school looking for the right office to go into so I can just drop out so I never have to go back. The worse part of the dream is that I can never find that office lol and I spend the whole dream which could be anywhere from a few minutes to like 30 minutes long wondering around lost in crowded hall ways with kids I don't recognize and the longer the dream goes on the more panicked and scared I get. Sometimes the dream will start off with me first getting ready for school at home and then driving myself up there with the intent of dropping out that day but instead of going into the school I spend the whole dream driving around in the school parking lot all lost.

2. The next type of dream I am constantly tormented by is I am working at my first job which was a fast food joint. In the dream I'm working with the same people I use to work with then it's like we get super busy and things start to fall apart and get weird. Like I start to make something and I just can't get it right. Then all of a sudden I'm working all by myself with a lobby full of angry customers I can't keep up with the orders and I start to panic and just want to leave but I never can. I end up working all stressed out until I wake up. I stopped working at that place 20 years ago and still dream about like once a month.

3. Another recurring nightmare I have is that I'm either walking or driving around in a housing development and I can't get out of it. In the dream I'm totally lost and scared and to make it worse there's no one around I can ask for help and as the dream goes on it gets darker and darker outside till it's like pitch black out. At this point I feel totally lost, helpless, and scared to death like I'm about to die.

There's other recurring nightmares that I have but they are not as frequent as the ones I just mentioned. Actually almost every dream I have nowadays is a weird bad dream. I usually wake up all stressed out with a high heart rate and just feeling like crap.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Worthless_nobody and Weeping Garbage Can
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Yes same here. Constant reoccurring nightmares. I hate dreaming...so.. damn..much!! Dreams are like life's way if mocking me. It's always the same ones throwing my past up in my face forcing me to remember the good life I once had before my mental and physical issues or it's nightmares from hell reliving the abuse and trauma. I long for a dream free sleep.

• Aww..
Reactions: Circles and mattwitt
Return2Dust

Return2Dust

Experienced
Sep 28, 2019
Anyone else tormented by the same types of dreams all of the time ?

I myself am constantly tormented by a few different recurring dreams that I have.

The worse ones I have are...

1. I'm trapped in high school. In the dream It's usually the last week or last day of my senior year and I'm scared to death that I won't graduate because of failing grades. So in the dream I'm frantically walking around my old high school looking for the right office to go into so I can just drop out so I never have to go back. The worse part of the dream is that I can never find that office lol and I spend the whole dream which could be anywhere from a few minutes to like 30 minutes long wondering around lost in crowded hall ways with kids I don't recognize and the longer the dream goes on the more panicked and scared I get. Sometimes the dream will start off with me first getting ready for school at home and then driving myself up there with the intent of dropping out that day but instead of going into the school I spend the whole dream driving around in the school parking lot all lost.

2. The next type of dream I am constantly tormented by is I am working at my first job which was a fast food joint. In the dream I'm working with the same people I use to work with then it's like we get super busy and things start to fall apart and get weird. Like I start to make something and I just can't get it right. Then all of a sudden I'm working all by myself with a lobby full of angry customers I can't keep up with the orders and I start to panic and just want to leave but I never can. I end up working all stressed out until I wake up. I stopped working at that place 20 years ago and still dream about like once a month.

3. Another recurring nightmare I have is that I'm either walking or driving around in a housing development and I can't get out of it. In the dream I'm totally lost and scared and to make it worse there's no one around I can ask for help and as the dream goes on it gets darker and darker outside till it's like pitch black out. At this point I feel totally lost, helpless, and scared to death like I'm about to die.

There's other recurring nightmares that I have but they are not as frequent as the ones I just mentioned. Actually almost every dream I have nowadays is a weird bad dream. I usually wake up all stressed out with a high heart rate and just feeling like crap.
I frequently have the same dream as your #1. It drives me crazy. I have no idea what it means. Lately, it's been about missing way too many days of one class in the last semester and having to take the final with no knowledge of the material. I wake up before taking the test.

• Hugs
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
These sound like insecurity anxiety dreams. Our insecurities about coping come out when we dream it's like our subconscious giving us therapy while we sleep.

I dream about my siblings throwing me out of my home and never being able to go back. I watch from outside as the new owners gut the place. Then I wake up in the shithole I've been dumped in and realise it's already happened.

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
Yeah mine is plane falling from the sky and crashing into a big fireball. I hate this dream

• Wow