T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
It's been roughly 6 months since I last abused Alcohol and 3 Months since I last harmed myself and did drugs. Small step towards staying sober but the sorrow and pain still exists. I need to find myself in a new home environment. My therapist when I still went always smiled and kept pushing me along and trying to pressure me into more drugs to numb the mind while ignoring the main issue. I know she saw my scars and they don't seem to care they're there for money. How can anybody recover when the people "here to help" are actually there for the money? Abusive Family and misguided trust. I don't see how I will be able to dig myself out of this hole. I visited another family member's house and my mood changed and once I returned here I was back in despair.

Recovery or false hope? is what I will keep asking myself.

Reactions: NotMery and RottingFlowerBrains
G

GoneSoon2

Sep 12, 2018
Hang in there, 6 months of sobriety/no self harm is an accomplishment you should be proud of

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains and Taylored
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Have you gone to AA before?

PatKat

PatKat

Meh
Aug 9, 2018
It's been roughly 6 months since I last abused Alcohol and 3 Months since I last harmed myself and did drugs. Small step towards staying sober but the sorrow and pain still exists. I need to find myself in a new home environment. My therapist when I still went always smiled and kept pushing me along and trying to pressure me into more drugs to numb the mind while ignoring the main issue. I know she saw my scars and they don't seem to care they're there for money. How can anybody recover when the people "here to help" are actually there for the money? Abusive Family and misguided trust. I don't see how I will be able to dig myself out of this hole. I visited another family member's house and my mood changed and once I returned here I was back in despair.

Recovery or false hope? is what I will keep asking myself.
What kind of "harm" did you do to yourself?

L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
hang in there and see if you can work on the home situation

that shit sounds unreasonably hard

you have all respect

Reactions: RottingFlowerBrains
Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
To quote Dr House ''Cutting releases endorphins, endorphins relieve pain''

I can see why people do it though.

I hope you get what you want, by the sounds of it, recovery. So good luck with that.

Reactions: betteroffdead, RottingFlowerBrains, DeathBecomesMe and 1 other person