T

TakeYourHappyPills

Nov 26, 2019
Shit shit shit I fucked up really bad. My dad has been away on a work trip all week and while he was gone I accidentally did something that is probably going to piss him off really bad. I'm really scared about how he's going to react since he has really bad anger issues. There's nothing I can really do to fix this situation so all I can do now is wait for him to get home and hope for the best. I probably have to spend the money I was planning on saving to CTB to fix this situation as well. Sorry for this stupid rant I just needed to get this out somewhere

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: WitheringAway, Deleted member 17331, sourcreamonion and 3 others
Poptart

Poptart

Try me Frozen
Nov 7, 2019
Have you considered calling him in advance and letting him know? That might give him a chance to calm down before he gets there?

How bad are your dads anger problems? Are you safe?

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, strand, Doormat and 3 others
T

TakeYourHappyPills

Nov 26, 2019
Have you considered calling him in advance and letting him know? That might give him a chance to calm down before he gets there?

How bad are your dads anger problems? Are you safe?
I was thinking of calling him but I think I'll just wait it out :/ they're pretty bad depending on the day. There was one day he dragged me straight out of bed, pushed me to the ground and dragged me throughout the house for sleeping in :/ hopefully I'll be fine I'm just really stressed out and anxious right now for what could happen

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, strand, taylor321 and 1 other person
Poptart

Poptart

Try me Frozen
Nov 7, 2019
No one has the right to touch you. You deserve better.

Im sorry you have to deal with an emotionally immature father. Its perfectly understandable youre feeling anxiety!

Do you have any healthy coping strategies to calm yourself now?

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TheDevilsAngel and TakeYourHappyPills
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Make a plan on how you think you can work to put things right and then tell him before he gets back and finds out on his own.
If he is a volatile person at least this gives him (and you) the opportunity to explode at a safe distance and cool down before he comes back, also its a load off your mind.
If you don't tell him it'll fester with you and he may explode anyway so you've not really got anything to loose. He may also offer a glimmer of respect for being the bigger man and fessing up.
Just my 2c friend, I'm sorry your in a dark place, I hope you can find some light.
DBD

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, strand, VabeniPokojneTmy and 2 others
Lunarhour

Lunarhour

Student
May 15, 2020
I agree with dead beat dad and poptart on this, you should call in advance and tell him asap.

Reactions: strand and TakeYourHappyPills
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah, I agree too. Tell him now. Accidents happen, best to get it out of the way.

Reactions: strand and TakeYourHappyPills
T

TakeYourHappyPills

Nov 26, 2019

Im sorry you have to deal with an emotionally immature father. Its perfectly understandable youre feeling anxiety!

no, I don't :/ the only coping mechanism I have is SH
Make a plan on how you think you can work to put things right and then tell him before he gets back and finds out on his own.
If he is a volatile person at least this gives him (and you) the opportunity to explode at a safe distance and cool down before he comes back, also its a load off your mind.
If you don't tell him it'll fester with you and he may explode anyway so you've not really got anything to loose. He may also offer a glimmer of respect for being the bigger man and fessing up.
Just my 2c friend, I'm sorry your in a dark place, I hope you can find some light.
DBD
Yea okay you're right... thanks (:

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Dead beat dad and Lunarhour
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
I was thinking of calling him but I think I'll just wait it out :/ they're pretty bad depending on the day. There was one day he dragged me straight out of bed, pushed me to the ground and dragged me throughout the house for sleeping in :/ hopefully I'll be fine I'm just really stressed out and anxious right now for what could happen

honesly id call a domestic violence hotline and explain whatever it was you did, tell them about previous episodes of aggression from your dad and see what THEY recommend. no one should have to go through that.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, TakeYourHappyPills, GoodPersonEffed and 3 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Hide lol! Jus kiddin!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and TakeYourHappyPills
sourcreamonion

sourcreamonion

Jun 25, 2020
Perhaps calling him, texting would also be the safest route and kiss up to him big time. My dad had anger issues and when something goes awol, the first thing I did was kiss up to him, treat him like he's some huge being just to inflate his ego big enough it masks his anger.

Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills
T

TakeYourHappyPills

Nov 26, 2019
Perhaps calling him, texting would also be the safest route and kiss up to him big time. My dad had anger issues and when something goes awol, the first thing I did was kiss up to him, treat him like he's some huge being just to inflate his ego big enough it masks his anger.
Wow I'm definitely going to use that. Thank you (:

• Love
Reactions: Final Escape and sourcreamonion