suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023
before you read, I'm very close with my cats. They have attachment to me, and if you think it's silly how I'm overthinking how they'll feel when I ctb, please don't read.

I have 3 cats, I love them very much and I have only just now came to the realization that if I ctb, they'll never see me again, they won't have anyone to take care of them, and I can't even think about how they might feel after I ctb.
One has extreme attatchment issues to me, he becomes very stressed when I'm gone for about 2 days, even less.
The other two are very close to me, they all cuddle with me to sleep, and I can't imagine how confused they'll be when I'm not there in my bed.
I have been thinking about this for a bit now, should I just wait until they pass first? That'll be a long time though, I can't wait that long.
I was planning to hold one of my cats while I was ctb, but I don't know how they'll feel when they realize I'm dead. I can't do this to them, I don't want to hurt them, because the mean so much to me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Heavenbound, ClownMe, ranaway and 10 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Animals understand when they see someone die. But maybe it's still better if you hang on for them ❤️

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ClownMe, ranaway, stardust00 and 3 others
cristaleyez

cristaleyez

xe/they/it
Feb 21, 2023
I'm in a somewhat similar boat. My dog is incredibly attached to me. If I leave even for just an hour, she's off the walls when I get home. If I use the bathroom just a little too long, she's whining at the door...

I've decided to stick it out a little bit longer, just for her. She is unlikely to live even a quarter of an average human's life expectancy. She's young, turning 3 in 4 days. She's one of my few hopes in this world, and so I will appreciate her being alive as long as she is.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BBBB and suprswag
suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023
I'm in a somewhat similar boat. My dog is incredibly attached to me. If I leave even for just an hour, she's off the walls when I get home. If I use the bathroom just a little too long, she's whining at the door...

I've decided to stick it out a little bit longer, just for her. She is unlikely to live even a quarter of an average human's life expectancy. She's young, turning 3 in 4 days. She's one of my few hopes in this world, and so I will appreciate her being alive as long as she is.
I wish your dog a happy early birthday, my cats are also one of my few hopes. They're the reason I've stuck to this world for so long. I'm happy someone is able to understand how I feel about staying for my pets.

• Love
Reactions: cristaleyez
B

Babumax

Jan 23, 2023
I have 4 cats in the same situation don't want to leave them. If they weren't here I'd be gone. But I may have to it's to much for me.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: cristaleyez, BBBB and suprswag
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
certainly relatable, i had been rescuing small animals for several years and ended up rehoming a lot of my fur babies last year when i became so depressed i just can't function. it is absolutely gut wrenching and i feel like an utter failure for breaking my promise to them. for many years they were the only reason i didn't pursue ctb actively, and i miss them so much it makes me want to vomit. i commend your strength and commitment to hang in there for your furbabies, i really do understand how hard that is. i hope you will find the kindness and support you so clearly deserve <3

• Love
Reactions: cristaleyez, rationaltake and suprswag
B

Babumax

Jan 23, 2023
certainly relatable, i had been rescuing small animals for several years and ended up rehoming a lot of my fur babies last year when i became so depressed i just can't function. it is absolutely gut wrenching and i feel like an utter failure for breaking my promise to them. for many years they were the only reason i didn't pursue ctb actively, and i miss them so much it makes me want to vomit. i commend your strength and commitment to hang in there for your furbabies, i really do understand how hard that is. i hope you will find the kindness and support you so clearly deserve <3
Very well said

• Love
Reactions: suprswag
suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023
I'm so sorry you feel that way, I hope everything becomes better for you, you seem to have such a kind heart, you don't deserve the suffering and depression you are experiencing, no one deserves suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Please live for your cats if you can, animals are precious. If you can't bare to live life much longer, at least find them a good home first before you CTB.

• Love
Reactions: cristaleyez, BBBB and suprswag
jellyfish

jellyfish

Success!
Feb 28, 2023
This is the main thing that kept me alive for so long as well, I just can't leave them alone not knowing when someone would finally find them

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BBBB, suprswag and Shadowlord900
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds like such a painful and difficult situation to be in, I think that having pets is a common reason for holding people back from ctb as after all, pets are way better than humans.

• Love
Reactions: jellyfish, suprswag, Shadowlord900 and 1 other person
cristaleyez

cristaleyez

xe/they/it
Feb 21, 2023
That sounds like such a painful and difficult situation to be in, I think that having pets is a common reason for holding people back from ctb as after all, pets are way better than humans.
This. And although I know people who would take my dog if I did CTB, I don't have faith in people. The idea of rehoming her to a horrible place haunts me. She's so sweet too. And acts like a princess. Who else would spoil her as much as I do lol.

• Love
Reactions: suprswag and Shadowlord900
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
I have five cats,the oldest is 10,the youngest 7. I've decided to hold out until they've gone. I can't even think of re homing them. I love them so much,they're the only reason I'm alive,when they go,I go. X

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: jellyfish, suprswag, BBBB and 1 other person
2bemyenemy

2bemyenemy

autistic disabled garbage fire
Feb 24, 2023
I completely understand. My cat is pretty much my soulmate. He follows me around all day, cries whenever I'm not home, and cuddles up with me whenever he needs to sleep. He's one of the only reasons I haven't seriously thought about CTB yet because I don't think he would survive my death

• Love
Reactions: BBBB and suprswag
suprswag

suprswag

have a good day
Feb 28, 2023
I completely understand. My cat is pretty much my soulmate. He follows me around all day, cries whenever I'm not home, and cuddles up with me whenever he needs to sleep. He's one of the only reasons I haven't seriously thought about CTB yet because I don't think he would survive my death
My cat who is 3 years old is exactly the same <3 he was the first cat I got.
after him I got his sister the litter after (we raised both of them) and a year later we took their mom in ❤️

• Love
Reactions: 2bemyenemy and BBBB
B

Babumax

Jan 23, 2023
It's the hardest part about me leaving. But I may have to which makes it even harder.

• Love
Reactions: suprswag and BBBB
stoopid

stoopid

from hell
Feb 27, 2023
I can relate 100% I love my grandpa cat, nearly 20 years old and the only one who never leaved me, he survived many deaths in my family and is loyal af.

• Love
Reactions: suprswag and BBBB