L

letsmakeitagoodworl

Sep 25, 2022
I hardly ever txt a suicide type helpline but last week all responses were automated with "sorry can't talk, call 111 if it's an emg".

I find it such a joke that people act surprised & horrified at New zealands (im sure not just this countries) suicide stats.

I wanted to talk about how horrendous I'm feeling today to someone but I couldn't post to a support group because I was scared thed contact crises & I'd look like I'm crying wolf since I'm too scared to kms everyday. I have a mh team & they are aware I've mentally declined rapidly but some idiot locked me up for THREE MONTHS in a psyc ward this year which was a waste because they ignored what was making me want to die so the problem is even worse now.

Anyway this is the only place I can vent without being scared cops will show up.

Oh yea I eventually called the crises team for the first time ever when the helplines didn't reply because I was losing blood & I was struggling to make myself stop (bloodloss is a horrific way to die & unless your uncontrollably bleeding you won't die (youl just feel the most sick youl ever probably feel in your life once youve lost enough & pass out), so I wanted help to stop before I reached that point because i wasnt trying to die. The guy was awkward & useless, I didn't even tell him because I didn't want to look attention seeking, I woulda been better approaching the drunk clubbers outside tbh. He told me to meditate or some crap like that once I'd calmed down lol.

I feel I shouldnt even be on rhis site, I've only twice fully accepted death due to an attempt & once a lack of doing anything to stop my likely death. I don't even want to die I'm just in so much mental pain I cannot fathom going on (I keep panicking/breaking out in sweat when I think about how im stuck alive). But I'm so scared of death, even the word SN makes me anxious, my only method I feel okay with (z drugs & benzos) ik won't work & I can't access opiates which everyone seems to have the problem of.
I have taken foxglove before and that landed me in coronary care (not a suicide attempt), & this week I've finally blended & filled up like 70 capsules of the stuff, the problem is I know this method has 100 ways to fail including me likely freaking out somewhere along the 1-5 days it would take to work & ending up in hosp just humiliated.

I just feel in so much mental agony, how is this not enough to be motivated to die over. I hate myself.

Oh yea and the funny bit was my mh team are apparently scared shitless I'm gonna die from a heart attack from my low (but not even low for me hemoglobin levels). Aparently no one wants ro work woth someone who might drop dead. I just said I hoped I do.

Not hating on my team it's just a bit funny when my levels aren't even low compared to in the past where I've been referred to hospice care because they were so low (20, or 2 if your from the USA) no Dr had seen anyone alive with such levels (which I maintained in a small range for 2 years). I feel like I just never die and life is taking the piss

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and almaranthine
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
Thinking about my SN gives me some anxiety. I appreciate having it there, but when I really think about having to take it, I get pretty shaken and upset. I didn't want my life to end like this, but I can't see a way to overcome the problems and suffering I'm faced with. I'm sorry you had such a shitty experience with the helpline... their lack of care and responsiveness doesn't surprise me though. I hate how people throw around the idea of just calling the helpline as though it will miraculously solve your problems. The fact that the guy just told you to "meditate" is so ridiculous. I cannot imagine being in the psych ward for three entire months. Longest I've ever stayed was three and a half days. You have been through so much, and you are just trying to cope, please do not hate yourself and be so hard on yourself đź’• I wish you the best in whatever you choose to do.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: BipolarExpress and Forever Sleep