LuneLooper

LuneLooper

Oct 14, 2024
Doing a full suspension hanging from a tree as there are no options in my place. Found a branch I think might be good enough for what I need. However, there are some things to note

+ It's an Oak, very sturdy
+ The branch is roughly twice my height, so enough room for me to dangle
-The branch is roughly twice my height, so I don't know how I'll tie the rope to it. It is the lowest branch on the tree.
+ It's close to my place, so very easy to access
- It's on a semi-commonly used dirt pedestrian path by a park, but there are no roads or houses able to see the tree
+ There are no lights, so doing it in the middle of the night should make me near invisible and undetectable until morning

Tree1

View attachment 152670

Attachments

• tree2.jpg
    tree2.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Love
Reactions: vampire2002, Worndown and pandorasactor
kingfool316

kingfool316

Meaninglesslife
Sep 13, 2024
Is this full or partial hanging?

TransfemCutter

TransfemCutter

She/her
Aug 2, 2024
I'd recommend drop hanging. Obviously I don't know you, or or fears, but slowly choking to death sounds like the worst thing in the world to me, so if I even end up hanging I'd always go for the drop hang. You just need enough length to your rope (and therefor your tree of choice) to fall a certain length and your neck should snap, killing you near instantly and peacefully. Go on the Wikipedia page for drop hanging and figure out the length of rope you need for your weight and go with that. If your branch isn't high enough, I'd recommend a different tree. Good luck, safe passing <3

LuneLooper

LuneLooper

Oct 14, 2024
I'd recommend drop hanging. Obviously I don't know you, or or fears, but slowly choking to death sounds like the worst thing in the world to me, so if I even end up hanging I'd always go for the drop hang. You just need enough length to your rope (and therefor your tree of choice) to fall a certain length and your neck should snap, killing you near instantly and peacefully. Go on the Wikipedia page for drop hanging and figure out the length of rope you need for your weight and go with that. If your branch isn't high enough, I'd recommend a different tree. Good luck, safe passing <3
According to the sources on this site from what I've read, a full suspension hanging will have you passing out in ~20-30 seconds, with it taking about 15-20 minutes to fully die while unconscious. I want to do a full suspension hanging since there are less moving parts and it's more simple, meaning it's a lot easier to pull off. I'm generally pretty bad when it comes to executing plans, so I need the simplicity.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: vampire2002 and ctbsd24
kingfool316

kingfool316

Meaninglesslife
Sep 13, 2024
If it's full, it looks good. Not a professional, but it looks sturdy
That sounds extreme, but hey, we're in this site so who am i to say

Last edited:
AbyssalAlien

AbyssalAlien

Oct 5, 2024
It will hold your weight...my only concern is how you will angle it since the position of that branch makes me fear the rope will swing you to the body of the tree, which can accidentally be used for leverage and stop the hanging. How do you plan to keep the rope straight down and enough distance from the tree's body?

• Informative
Reactions: ctbsd24
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Slowly choking to death with full suspension? If you really mess it up, it is possible.
Drop hanging? Have you calculated the drop and secured a strong enough rope? Does your chosen location have enough height?

Why not do full suspension correctly and pass out in 3 to 7 seconds instead. A lot more comfortable and equally dead.

The tree looks fine. A bit tricky securing a rope to the limb, but not impossible. Ask if you have questions.

W

waterrrrrrrrrbottel

Student
Jul 18, 2022
Did you figure out how to tie it to the branch?

Reactions: ladylazarus4
alienfreak

alienfreak

A danger to myself
Sep 25, 2024
It looks good to me. Since you said it is on a semi-commonly used path, i hope you're sure the risk of somebody noticing you during the act is low enough.

It will hold your weight...my only concern is how you will angle it since the position of that branch makes me fear the rope will swing you to the body of the tree, which can accidentally be used for leverage and stop the hanging. How do you plan to keep the rope straight down and enough distance from the tree's body?
I dont understand what problem you see with being close to the tree's body. Sure a horizontal branch would be better, but where i live the best i can find are forked trees where ill basically be in contact with trunk of the tree, is that too risky? The best tree i've found:
Tree

Last edited: