CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I am so angry.

One of my reasons for wanting to ctb is financial issues. I'm sick of having to choose between not paying rent on time or starving. With inflation and increasing prices everywhere, it's going to get to the point where I won't have to choose because I simply won't be able to afford either.

I don't want to ask my partner for financial aid because she has her own expenses to take care of (We don't live together. It's a semi-LDR) and she needs every dollar she can get her hands on as much as I do, so it wouldn't be fair to her to take that money away from her. I won't be asking my family for help either because they just won't (I'll save the rant about my family for another time).

I grew up hoping to save for a future, and for a brief moment when my partner and I started dating, I hoped I'd be able to save up enough to one day get a place with her, but that just seems so unlikely now. Every bit of money I make doesn't stay. It all just goes towards my survival, and I'm only surviving enough to make more money to spend on my survival yet again. It's a viscious cycle that I don't see myself escaping any time soon, if at all. I hate this rat race. I want out.

I really wish I had something remotely smart or profound to say, but I just can't conjure up the thoughts let alone words for that today, I'm so sorry.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Teikoku, kernel_panic, umjammertranner and 5 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is an awful situation to face, and you're certainly not alone. In my own case, the only way that I could break the cycle was changing locations, and seeking out a place which had the cheapest property combined with reasonable employment options. It solved the problem but caused a bunch of new problems in the process, like social isolation and burnout from overworking.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sluggish_Slump, CentreMid and SexyIncél
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand why you would feel so angry being trapped in that situation. Life really is so cruel, there is far too much unnecessary suffering that exists here in this world.

Reactions: CentreMid
Dizzylady80

Dizzylady80

Experienced
Nov 5, 2020
I feel you hon, I'm in a similar situation financially. Have you looked for local food pantries or aid organizations in your area? There's one here that gives a food box every month, helps me out a lot

Reactions: CentreMid and umjammertranner
CentreMid

CentreMid

Sorry
Aug 23, 2018
I feel you hon, I'm in a similar situation financially. Have you looked for local food pantries or aid organizations in your area? There's one here that gives a food box every month, helps me out a lot
I haven't yet, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll look into it. Thanks a bunch!