B

BadChanges

Sep 23, 2019
Hi, i'm new here.

I will not delve into my history at the moment as it's very long. Although I do need to figure out something.

I'm 29, and at around age 21 I was given Cymbalta at night by my dad. He forced me to take it before bed. It causes a hyper state and burst of energy. Also, at the time I had a tendency to play online poker and order things online. As a result of that the Doctor prescribed lamictal which causes sleep problems, and as a result I was then prescribed Seroquel.

Nowadays, I'm sick. I was given a lot of meds since the age of 16.5 and it was like a snow ball effect with all the meds that were supposed to help with the side effects of the other meds and I stopped taking medication 4 years ago and I flat lined. I'm a zombie with no sex drive. I was forced to take the medications because I was constantly complaining of pain and other issues and at th etime I had an injury that made things worse.

Over the years I have had a maltitude of physical issues and more than a year ago things took a big turn and I was hospitalized and later been diagnosed with a connective tissue disease called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Amongst my physical problems I have stomach, allergy, skin, sleep and other issues and sensitivies.

Now here comes my question, I can wake up with a normal mood (albeit tired because of lack of sleep), but then I eat something (mostly carbs) and I become tired and almost depressed and overwhelmed. I have bouts of fatigue throughout the day that come out of nowhere. Physical fatigue that makes me weak.

My mood can shift numerous times throughout the day. During the day i'm lethargic and unmotivated and mostly in the evening i'm edgy and angry. Before I go to sleep and at night i'm more motivated, but it's mostly gone in the morning.

Now it always felt like it had a physical cause. The food triggered it, lack of sleep, pain ,etc. I have glucose, fructose and lactose intolerance as well and it just feels like I react to food. However, what if I have some sort of a bipolar disorder?

I also have very low testosterone and high cortisol that i'm sure is a big culprit in my depression as well as the fact that the drugs completely wrecked havoc on my body and brain.

I'm really reluctant to take meds , but I was just now at a psychiatric appointment (new doctor, haven't been to one in 4+ years) and was prescribed lamictal.

What do you think is my issue and do you feel the same?

• Love
Reactions: Crushed_Innocence and CFLoser
CFLoser

CFLoser

I fcking hate myself
Dec 5, 2018
I would definitely pay attention to what you eat. That definitely affects how my mood changes.

And yes, I feel the same. I have incredibly rapid mood swings that depends on what I eat, when I take my medication, how much caffeine I drank and when, what people say to me. A bunch of small things that have big consequences.

I think your issue can be overcome though. At least I hope lol.

My medication (prozac) does help, but it doesn't remove the swinging mood entirely, it just makes me less prone to doing stupid stuff when I feel incredibly sad or happy.

I think if there is anything you could do to improve things right away it would be to do a 30 day elimination diet (temporary, never go on a diet long term) and find the foods that cause you issues.
I have a lot of problem with digesting certain foods too. It sucks you can't enjoy some of them but... well it sucks less than eating them and feeling shitty afterwards.

Reactions: BadChanges and Crushed_Innocence
B

BadChanges

Sep 23, 2019
I would definitely pay attention to what you eat. That definitely affects how my mood changes.

And yes, I feel the same. I have incredibly rapid mood swings that depends on what I eat, when I take my medication, how much caffeine I drank and when, what people say to me. A bunch of small things that have big consequences.

I think your issue can be overcome though. At least I hope lol.

My medication (prozac) does help, but it doesn't remove the swinging mood entirely, it just makes me less prone to doing stupid stuff when I feel incredibly sad or happy.

I think if there is anything you could do to improve things right away it would be to do a 30 day elimination diet (temporary, never go on a diet long term) and find the foods that cause you issues.
I have a lot of problem with digesting certain foods too. It sucks you can't enjoy some of them but... well it sucks less than eating them and feeling shitty afterwards.

It's impossible for me to keep a diary right now and be very selective because I struggle with jaw issues. I can not chew hard or rubbery foods. I eat mostly soft to chew foods right now because my chewing muscles are weak and I have limited opening too.

Few months ago- a year ago I reacted to far few foods..now it seems like it's almost everything.

I'm really trying to understand if I have some form of Bipolar because I reacted to an SSRI like that.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Hi, i'm new here.

I will not delve into my history at the moment as it's very long. Although I do need to figure out something.

I'm 29, and at around age 21 I was given Cymbalta at night by my dad. He forced me to take it before bed. It causes a hyper state and burst of energy. Also, at the time I had a tendency to play online poker and order things online. As a result of that the Doctor prescribed lamictal which causes sleep problems, and as a result I was then prescribed Seroquel.

Nowadays, I'm sick. I was given a lot of meds since the age of 16.5 and it was like a snow ball effect with all the meds that were supposed to help with the side effects of the other meds and I stopped taking medication 4 years ago and I flat lined. I'm a zombie with no sex drive. I was forced to take the medications because I was constantly complaining of pain and other issues and at th etime I had an injury that made things worse.

Over the years I have had a maltitude of physical issues and more than a year ago things took a big turn and I was hospitalized and later been diagnosed with a connective tissue disease called Ehlers Danlos Syndrome.

Amongst my physical problems I have stomach, allergy, skin, sleep and other issues and sensitivies.

Now here comes my question, I can wake up with a normal mood (albeit tired because of lack of sleep), but then I eat something (mostly carbs) and I become tired and almost depressed and overwhelmed. I have bouts of fatigue throughout the day that come out of nowhere. Physical fatigue that makes me weak.

My mood can shift numerous times throughout the day. During the day i'm lethargic and unmotivated and mostly in the evening i'm edgy and angry. Before I go to sleep and at night i'm more motivated, but it's mostly gone in the morning.

Now it always felt like it had a physical cause. The food triggered it, lack of sleep, pain ,etc. I have glucose, fructose and lactose intolerance as well and it just feels like I react to food. However, what if I have some sort of a bipolar disorder?

I also have very low testosterone and high cortisol that i'm sure is a big culprit in my depression as well as the fact that the drugs completely wrecked havoc on my body and brain.

I'm really reluctant to take meds , but I was just now at a psychiatric appointment (new doctor, haven't been to one in 4+ years) and was prescribed lamictal.

What do you think is my issue and do you feel the same?
Your dad maybe he meant well but that's so fucked up. Teens should not be put on dangerous psych meds when your brain is still developing. Do not take the lamictal or any of the poison pills they want to push on you.

I would focus on learning what to eat, not the food pyramid because that's a lie. Definitely if u can start working out even a little bit. You might be going through protracted withdrawal symptoms if u came off any meds abruptly. Sometimes with these drugs u have to taper off very slow or you will have serious issues.

Have your dad read the book called Mad in America by Robert Whitaker. It goes into the corruption with psychiatry. I hope he doesn't want u to be harmed by psychiatrists. If he is a good dad. Please research on your own about withdrawal from psych meds because that might be what's going on.

Passenger

Passenger

Oct 15, 2019
About the fatigue, have you had your thyroid checked and maybe gluten intolerance?