P

painful existence

Student
Jul 11, 2023
Society is extremely cruel.Rather than providing people who are in great suffering with a painless and dignified way to end it ,they force you to suffer.How cruel and barbaric is the act of actively suppressing the information about suicide and the methods used to perform it.This only forces people into trying painful and untested methods which might result in permanent damage to them.
They want to make the lives of suicidal people as miserable as possible as if they weren't already miserable enough.It is like forcing an innocent person to suffer in prison.
What do you get when you search for suicide?'Help is available '.How the hell is some person sitting on a phone help me when all the medical professionals have failed to do so.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I see it as being so incredibly inhumane how this society is against the permanent relief and escape from all suffering, it isn't like any of us are obligated to continue existing here, not everyone even wants to exist and for many the only relief lies in death. It's criminal to me how we cannot just leave this world reliably in peace, those who hold anti-suicide beliefs just lack any compassion.

JustAGuy

JustAGuy

Passionless
Jul 2, 2023
If I stand corrected, this is the philosophy and politics portion, and I just got done spewing this, but life was so shitty, why do you honestly expect death to be better? Not saying you should keep living but I'm telling you to lower your expectations, might be equally as shitty over on the other side. and to answer your question on the anti CTB law thing, the law exist, it's not here to make you happy, it's not here to make you sad, it doesn't care if you're a cancer patient, or a 3x strongest man winner, it's here for the society, the human instinctual need to improve. The law has no morals, and you need to get rid of the notion that it does, if there was 0% corruption, I guarantee you most of us will still be as unhappy as ever, because the doesn't give a fuck about if you're happy, but it does if your efficient.
(It's 1 am and I'm tired, take this message with a grain of salt)

C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
I get what all of you have said in this thread. I agree that this life feels like torture and we hope that death will finally end the suffering and pain. In reality, we don't know if it will or not and there is the possibility of the other side being worse. This is why so many people are religious; they have a "need" to tell themselves they'll go to some wonderful imaginary place.
I prefer to think it's nothingness, or just like before we were born. We have no consciousness, no awareness of being. This is what I hope for at least.
Philosophically, I am curious what utility there is in not allowing people to make their own decisions and die in peace. I recognize that the laws aren't trying to make everyone happy but they certainly have political agenda's behind them. Most of them on this topic in the US are based on religion, which I object to. They were created by whoever's morals were in power at the time.
My question therefore is what benefit or efficiency is there to not supporting a right to die? We could donate our organs and save people who want to live! Or, feed the forest creatures with our decaying bodies. That's my hope anyways.