• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Yeet_Me_Away

Yeet_Me_Away

May 19, 2024
R/SuicideWatch has become such a rubbish sub-reddit with all the:

"Let's talk about it?"
"Take a nap, go for a walk and wait a day"
"Think about your family"
"It will be painful, don't do it"

I know it's been said before but fuck me, it's gotten so bad.

I'm glad I've found a new home here where I can find others and discuss suicide in a raw, honest, unfiltered way :')

EDIT: Shoutout to the Suicide Noted podcast for being the realest podcast to allow attempt survivors to share their stories

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: otter_bee_23, tsumihoroboshi, Sageiois and 28 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I personally cannot stand anything pro-life, it just makes me wish to not exist even more. It's deeply repulsive and insensitive how many hold this type of attitude towards suicide instead of respecting it as the very valid personal choice it truly is.

Reactions: golta, Alexei_Kirillov, ijustwishtodie and 8 others
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Its full of toxic positivty nonsense

Reactions: iloverachel, Brokensaddle, Unknown21 and 10 others
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I got on there for the first time one day when I was feeling really bad and I was more suicidal after reading two to three threads. The place is a joke.

Reactions: Brokensaddle, ijustwishtodie, violetday and 3 others
Yeet_Me_Away

Yeet_Me_Away

May 19, 2024
I personally cannot stand anything pro-life, it just makes me wish to not exist even more. It's deeply repulsive and insensitive how many hold this type of attitude towards suicide instead of respecting it as the very valid personal choice it truly is.
Me too; pro-life gets toxic past a certain point. And whilst I get that Reddit has rules against not encouraging suicide, I see it defeating the point of the sub
Its full of toxic positivty nonsense
Yeah I agree fully. Just popped in to see if anything changed and it's just gotten worse
I got on there for the first time one day when I was feeling really bad and I was more suicidal after reading two to three threads. The place is a joke.
That was me today. The first good laugh I had in a while was from revisiting that place

Reactions: divinemistress36
sugarh1gh

sugarh1gh

Death is new departure and beggining of a journey.
May 27, 2024
Yeah in all of the post the comments are just like go walking, do exercises, don't think about it that way, don't commit, I am on your side kinda thing. It's pretty annoying and makes me think about it more.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, astonishedturnip, lex and 3 others
Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
They can't even talk about methods there, an useless place, perhaps just for those who want to let off steam a bit.

Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Alexei_Kirillov, ijustwishtodie and 7 others
D

Dolan400

Apr 17, 2024
Also if you ask for advice there on how to ctb you'll be banned.

• Yay!
Reactions: Nunyabinniss, golta, leavingthesoultrap and 6 others
Yeet_Me_Away

Yeet_Me_Away

May 19, 2024
Yeah in all of the post the comments are just like go walking, do exercises, don't think about it that way, don't commit, I am on your side kinda thing. It's pretty annoying and makes me think about it more.
It's sooo frustrating. Yeah maybe let me take walk… off a bridge :')
They can't even talk about methods there, a useless place, perhaps just for those who want to let off steam a bit.
I guess it's the "peer support" the world wants but not what is needed for those who've already made the personal choice to CTB
Also if you ask for advice there on how to ctb you'll be banned.
They're really a sub to watch and not guide. lol

Reactions: golta, fleetingnight, Forveleth and 2 others
UmbraDweller

UmbraDweller

༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ
Sep 15, 2023
Yeah it's cancerous. AI would generate better responses.

Reactions: golta, ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov and 3 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
A place where you can theoretically talk about your problems, and CTB... but in a limited way, and other people's advice there sounds like fortune telling from Chinese cookies.

Sounds exciting.

Reactions: Nunyabinniss, Forveleth and Yeet_Me_Away
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
They're all just... so dumb. I've gotten some very meaningful advice through certain places on Reddit, but that subreddit in particular always seems to prove useless. Everyone on there seems to only speak in the most mind-numbing, cookie cutter platitudes imaginable. Say what you want about the philosophy of this website, and I certainly have a few objections myself, but you will actually get well thought out responses here. I wouldn't be upset with someone telling me that I should live, but those people go about with it in the most lifeless, automated way possible. It's insufferable.

Last edited:
Reactions: lnlybnny, ijustwishtodie, Forveleth and 2 others
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
In the days of old (which can be viewed through the top/all time posts) it was a sorta useless place to vent and express disappointment at life and most people would sympathize without handing you the vial of SN, so to speak. Ever since a rules overhaul and Reddit's desperation to be investor-friendly however, it's so useless and neutered. The reason for all the non-sequiter responses (besides the average poster there being 14 and not equipped to offer support or advice) is that virtually any kind of incitement or disagreement gets removed by mods, so all that's left are useless "help comments" that don't actually mean anything. But the interpretation is so loose that even "it sucks, I hear you" is seen as incitement and "Hey, killing yourself over a bad math grade is not the way" is seen as bullying the OP or whatever.

Nowadays 99% of the posts there go without a single reply anyway so it's virtually an active ghost town. At this point it's only left up because Reddit has been trying to close as many related subs as possible and they need to get corraled SOMEWHERE.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Alexei_Kirillov, fleetingnight and 4 others
Yeet_Me_Away

Yeet_Me_Away

May 19, 2024
In the days of old (which can be viewed through the top/all time posts) it was a sorta useless place to vent and express disappointment at life and most people would sympathize without handing you the vial of SN, so to speak. Ever since a rules overhaul and Reddit's desperation to be investor-friendly however, it's so useless and neutered. The reason for all the non-sequiter responses (besides the average poster there being 14 and not equipped to offer support or advice) is that virtually any kind of incitement or disagreement gets removed by mods, so all that's left are useless "help comments" that don't actually mean anything. But the interpretation is so loose that even "it sucks, I hear you" is seen as incitement and "Hey, killing yourself over a bad math grade is not the way" is seen as bullying the OP or whatever.

Nowadays 99% of the posts there go without a single reply anyway so it's virtually an active ghost town. At this point it's only left up because Reddit has been trying to close as many related subs as possible and they need to get corraled SOMEWHERE.
This is very insightful. Actually helped me better understand why the sub is broken the way that it today

cowboypants

cowboypants

Experienced
May 7, 2024
There is a sense of community here which is missing there. It just feels like a commercial place there and so true with most posts not getting any replies

Reactions: Sylveon, ijustwishtodie, fleetingnight and 3 others
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Half of these would make me want to do it more

Imo "get some sleep" isn't always bad advice, if someone seems like they're being impulsive and not like they've really thought it through, it can help. The rest either sound like talking like a child, or just straight up mean. I know I sound coldhearted, but I am really tired of hearing about how much MY suffering hurts everybody ELSE.
Ever since a rules overhaul and Reddit's desperation to be investor-friendly however, it's so useless and neutered.
I feel like this describes how the entire fucking internet, and a lot of the world, talks about suicide and mental health these days. It's fucking exhausting.

Reactions: Yeet_Me_Away, Nunyabinniss, golta and 2 others
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
What's that podcast you mentioned? And if the person they let on the podcats say they wish they succeeded their attempt do they still air the episode? Cause most of the suicide attempt survivor stories I see are just some pro life bullshit.

Reactions: Yeet_Me_Away
tfnb

tfnb

May 29, 2023
I mean.. it's Reddit. Nobody there has either the mindset, nor the experience necessary to talk someone out of impulse buying a cookie, let alone offering well thought out advice to someone in pain and desperate need of either advice or just someone to stfu long enough for them to speak.

I find that most of the people on sites like Reddit try to win threads rather than provide any meaningful addition to it, and they have a list of mental talking points that they weave through like they're on the debate team. Nobody can debate the total dispair that someone feels, and someone who lacks the empathy and the personal struggle isn't equipped to offer anything tangible. Most people lack any real empathy for people they see as outsiders because we're social animals and outliers threaten the cohesion of the pack. It's basically programmed into us to favor the strong, normal, and the things that fit our already arrived at conclusions, and it gives us a feeling of unease to hear information that contradicts that way of thinking. Negative thinking, or even saying no also causes us discomfort, that's literally why companies reframe questions to get a yes answer.

How can anyone who lacks the mental ability to empathize with someone who's going through their literal worst days, or the worst days after their previous worst days be so vain as to think that they have anything useful to offer?

This is the reason I find counselling to be completely tiresome. I get to listen to someone without any real life experience tell me how the way that they experience life is the right way and the way that I experience it is the wrong way. If I wanted to hear that I'd put on a sample of someone telling a dog "no" on repeat.

• Love
Reactions: Sylveon, Message In A Bottle, Yeet_Me_Away and 3 others
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
That subreddit truly is garbage. At least r/depression_memes had better people in it but, in the end, the best forum to talk about suicide, death and other uncomfortable topics related to that is here on SaSu. This place seems like a one of a kind right now and I'm glad that I found this site

Reactions: Sylveon, Yeet_Me_Away and Forveleth
golta

golta

Just wants more company
Apr 14, 2024
What's that podcast you mentioned? And if the person they let on the podcats say they wish they succeeded their attempt do they still air the episode? Cause most of the suicide attempt survivor stories I see are just some pro life bullshit.
Yes, but your can get advice of how not doing CTB

I mean, is reddit after all. The only social media that has some free pro-choice is quora and they are hard to find. An even with that, the quora users recommend to search in tor if they really want real resources.The pro-suicide sites are places where some people dont care if you suffer and they are gore addicted watchers wishing to get bloody photos and videos (not all, but there a lot there because is their kink)

Last edited:
Reactions: Yeet_Me_Away
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
R/SuicideWatch has become such a rubbish sub-reddit with all the:

"Let's talk about it?"
"Take a nap, go for a walk and wait a day"
"Think about your family"
"It will be painful, don't do it"

I know it's been said before but fuck me, it's gotten so bad.
My personal favorite is the "things will get better"
You don't know them or what they are going through, so how could you say that things will get better.
There's not always light at the end of the tunnel

Reactions: Yeet_Me_Away and Forveleth
T

ThatStateOfMind

Paragon
Nov 13, 2021
I've posted there and browsed there. The few times I've posted, I've either gotten no reply or low quality replies, nothing like the actual support you can get here, like on the recovery side, I've gotten better encouragement than r/SuicideWatch

Reactions: Yeet_Me_Away and Forveleth
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
At least the method discussion on there is pretty solid.

• Yay!
Reactions: Yeet_Me_Away, Sylveon, Forveleth and 2 others
S

stupidhuman

Apr 18, 2024
I don't want to sound rude but I don't get the picture 100% on why some people here trash on that subreddit ?
You should know better.
Let's all be realistic for a moment. Yes many many people don't know the pain some other people have to go through. But does the person really has to?
There are people who use suicidal thoughts as a coping mechanism and also as a cry for help and that's fact ( which doesn't mean your intention is in that category )
There are people that really just need someone to talk to and that will help find them resolution and inner peace - believe it or not. Or atleast it'll start an avalanche of behavior that lead to future "non suicidal behavior/thoughts" and that's permanent for them.

Like I said before : that doesn't mean you're in that category but don't start getting apathetic about other people's intentions simply because it makes you miserable that people try to help (even in suboptimal ways)

Why not simply brush it off ?