hoppybunny

hoppybunny

Fearer of the Future
Jun 26, 2024
As the title said I'm leaving my job. I put my two weeks in this Saturday.
I'm sad cause the pay was nice and I felt nice buying any food I wanted. (Junk food lol).
The job itself sucked. I had 2 bigots ar my job who were very loud and proud and I don't like confrontation cause I know ad hominem is a humans number one defense and argument when encountering someone with opposing views and my self esteem and confidence is simply not strong enough to defend against an attack on my appearance especially my race and weight.

But honestly I would've put up with them if the job itself wasn't unnecessarily strict and the drive there wasn't so stressful. The roads are super busy and I've almost swerved and died 3 times driving to my job. (My anxiety makes me make rash decisions when driving plus, my driving skills itself aren't that bad it's just that I panic too easy when I can't understand my map.)

But basically I have to stand all day even if there's no customers or anything to do. And we have a dress code so I can't wear the shoes I have for walking and standing long hours cause they don't match the dress code. And honestly I don't wanna spend money buying better shoes for the job. My feet were constantly swolen and I noticed I was getting very cranky and crabby from the constant ache in my back and legs and feet. And I didn't want to treat my family badly after days of smiling at strangers at my job.

I'm very unfit so it was a big jump from sleeping and sitting all day to standing and walking all day. My next part time job must be a desk job so I can slowly work on my health on the side.

Overall I give this experience a 4/10 only because of the pay.

So far when I talked about quitting ppl kept telling me to have a job lined up before hand but I literally do not need to work. Like my parents pay for everything. So I feel this is the perfect time period to quit jobs whenever I feel like it. I'm thankful I stuck to my guts tho. I think I would've killed myself earlier if I stayed at that job. Like no phones allowed on my person?!?! That's ridiculous. I get not being on my phone during work but I should always have it on me in case of emergencies. Also the no sitting rule is stupid but america hates workers I guess.

Everyone I've complained to is like "yeah that's just how working is. You can't sit down. You'll just have to get used to it." But like office jobs aren't like that? CEOs don't stand all day. It's literally only low wage jobs that force you to stand. Like they want poor ppl and teens to suffer or something. Like that attitude of just accepting however you're treated is why we make virtually no progress in this country.

I'm looking for a new job now tho. Office or teaching only.

• Hugs
Reactions: JJ53, Praestat_Mori and Alexei_Kirillov