• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

anon05

anon05

Apr 21, 2023
I have a few questions about hanging because I want to use this method but I'm not sure if I have the resources to.
1. Is it possible to use something other than a rope for hanging? I don't have a rope and I can't afford one, but I've heard of other people being successful with items besides that. I have thought of using a tie but I don't know if it'll work.
2. Would this method still work if I don't have anywhere that's very high to tie whatever I use to? I have a closet rod but I'm not sure if it's high enough because I would still be able to stand. I don't know a lot about hanging but would that make it ineffective?

Reactions: 90starve and hhh_
day

day

Global Mod
Jun 24, 2023
1.) A belt is common for hanging as well though you can do a lot more with rope sadly..

2.) The closet rod is enough for a partial hanging but may not support you so well and you'd want to test putting your body weight on it beforehand.

I'm sorry the world has brought you to this point OP and I hope regardless of your decision you manage to find peace and happiness in this cruel world.

• Love
Reactions: feder, 90starve, rayney and 1 other person
anon05

anon05

Apr 21, 2023
1.) A belt is common for hanging as well though you can do a lot more with rope sadly..

2.) The closet rod is enough for a partial hanging but may not support you so well and you'd want to test putting your body weight on it beforehand.

I'm sorry the world has brought you to this point OP and I hope regardless of your decision you manage to find peace and happiness in this cruel world.
Thank you for the answers, I have a belt that might work and the closet rod can support my weight thankfully. And thank you for the bottom message as well

H

HerculePoirot

(Frozen account)
Sep 25, 2022
Thank you for the answers, I have a belt that might work and the closet rod can support my weight thankfully. And thank you for the bottom message as well
It's better if your rod can support at least twice your weight, as you are likely to shake a lot (uncontrolled convulsions).

Reactions: 90starve and anon05
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
I used a scarf the last time I tried hanging myself and it was quite good even though it ended up slipping from my neck and I ended up on the floor. I have seen a few people using a scarf to hang themselves from a fan on the ceiling.

All the best

Reactions: anon05
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
Apologies for my ignorance, but I'm trying to picture a belt (or scarf) being used and I'm having trouble. Are we talking about a standard clothing belt with a buckle, holes, etc? How would this be able to be fashioned into a noose/knot and still attached to an anchor point I remember reading that Robin Williams used a belt and a doorknod, and same with Kate Spade and a scarf. Anyone with an explanation or graphics would be most appreciated.

ForceUser101

ForceUser101

May 29, 2022
Does anyone know what type of rope works best and where to get it?
Partial hanging sounds like the way to go

anon05

anon05

Apr 21, 2023
I used a scarf the last time I tried hanging myself and it was quite good even though it ended up slipping from my neck and I ended up on the floor. I have seen a few people using a scarf to hang themselves from a fan on the ceiling.

All the best
My friend recommended a scarf to me as well so I will try to find one, thanks

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
People use all kinds of different materials.

Again, some people manage with setups that I have no idea how they could pull off..

T

TheNihilisticViking

Atheist, Nihilist & Pro-Mortalist
May 14, 2023
If I go down the hanging road, I'm considering using a dressing gown tie/bathrobe tie. Would this hold my weight? I'm around 90kg.

Last edited: