• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
Hello I had some questions about the exit bag method. I'm in the US so if I buy argon or nitrogen online only the empty cylinder itself is shipped? And I have to go fill it up myself? Is there any difference between a 20 cu cylinder vs a 40 cu cylinder? Which one is better? I don't want it to effect my ctb attempt. Let's say I bought a 20 cu argon cylinder online and had to fill it myself, I would just walk into a shop that sells gas and ask them to fill it up with argon? They will fill it up with pure argon or do I have to specifically ask for it? I'm not someone who looks like they know anything about welding or gas or any of that stuff. For my story I was thinking of saying my cousin told me to fill the cylinder up for him and he does woodwork in his garage, does this sound convincing? I know I'm asking a lot of questions and I know there's already information on this site but I'm asking because there's a lot of people on here smarter than me. Thank you!

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Hello I had some questions about the exit bag method. I'm in the US so if I buy argon or nitrogen online only the empty cylinder itself is shipped? And I have to go fill it up myself? Is there any difference between a 20 cu cylinder vs a 40 cu cylinder? Which one is better? I don't want it to effect my ctb attempt. Let's say I bought a 20 cu argon cylinder online and had to fill it myself, I would just walk into a shop that sells gas and ask them to fill it up with argon? They will fill it up with pure argon or do I have to specifically ask for it? I'm not someone who looks like they know anything about welding or gas or any of that stuff. For my story I was thinking of saying my cousin told me to fill the cylinder up for him and he does woodwork in his garage, does this sound convincing? I know I'm asking a lot of questions and I know there's already information on this site but I'm asking because there's a lot of people on here smarter than me. Thank you!
There are some companies that ship filled Nitrogen tanks--for more info,check the Inert Gas Mega Thread

Reactions: Endex
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Is Argon even used for woodworking? I don't think so. At a welding shop, you need to specify you want pure Nitrogen or Argon, as most welding gases are mixed. You need to be careful buying online and make sure they're selling pure Nitrogen.

Reactions: Endex
T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
Is Argon even used for woodworking? I don't think so. At a welding shop, you need to specify you want pure Nitrogen or Argon, as most welding gases are mixed. You need to be careful buying online and make sure they're selling pure Nitrogen.
I have no clue, I think it can be used for paint in spray cans? I could say my cousin makes furniture and needs argon for the paint. How can I tell if it's pure? Is there some type of welders terminology or will the website label it as "pure nitrogen/argon"?

O

OnTheRoad

Jan 14, 2023
Search for 40 Argon Cylinder Full

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I have no clue, I think it can be used for paint in spray cans? I could say my cousin makes furniture and needs argon for the paint. How can I tell if it's pure? Is there some type of welders terminology or will the website label it as "pure nitrogen/argon"?
Are you ordering it off the web now? I thought you were going to go to a welding shop. Yes, they use the term pure when gases are not a mixture.

T

tieiwi

Experienced
Dec 11, 2021
Are you ordering it off the web now? I thought you were going to go to a welding shop. Yes, they use the term pure when gases are not a mixture.
I thought that when you order online they only ship the cylinder and you yourself have to go to a welding shop to get it filled. But some people are telling me some online places ship the cylinder already filled.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I thought that when you order online they only ship the cylinder and you yourself have to go to a welding shop to get it filled. But some people are telling me some online places ship the cylinder already filled.
Nitrogen cylinders? I always thought, too, that they only ship empty ones and you have to get them filled yourself. I know they ship filled helium tanks, but those are the ones for filing up balloons, and they're not pure helium, so they're no good for CTB. If you do find a place that ships filled tanks of nitrogen make sure it's pure nitrogen and not mixed with some other gas.

B

bigsadbean

Nov 18, 2022
You might also want to call your welding shop and double check what they offer. Mine actually sells nitrogen cylinders that are filled, they don't require you to buy one elsewhere and bring it in. Saved me a lot of headache and effort.