W

whatamidoinghere

Oct 27, 2020
I'm pretty torn about whether to get a PO box or just have it shipped to my home address. If I ship it directly to my home address, I can use a fake name and they'll likely drop it off without any issues, but if I end up getting a welfare check, it would be a lot easier to find me. I still live with my parents and my mom is very close minded and not accepting of these things, plus she gets angry (and potentially violent) easily, so I REALLY REALLY don't want her to know anything about this.

On the other hand, I know you need ID to get a PO box, so I would have to use my real name, which I feel iffy about giving out. I would obviously cancel the PO box as soon as i receive the package, but I worry that the post office would store records of who has previously owned the box so the cops could find me even if I cancel. Also, in case DMC gets arrested, they may have some way to find all the people he shipped to even if I ask him to delete my info. They may be able to connect the PO box to my real name and they'd have me.

What would you do?

S

sadyogi

Sep 5, 2024
Sorry, a little unrelated but I'm happy you finally found him haha.

I apologize if this comes off as insensitive, but if you do take the SN and successfully ctb, does it make a difference? If I were you, I'd just ship it to a PO Box if you don't want your mom to find out.

W

whatamidoinghere

Oct 27, 2020
Sorry, a little unrelated but I'm happy you finally found him haha.

I apologize if this comes off as insensitive, but if you do take the SN and successfully ctb, does it make a difference? If I were you, I'd just ship it to a PO Box if you don't want your mom to find out.
Haha, thank you :)

You're right, it's just that I don't necessarily plan on taking it right away. It's more so that I can have the peace of mind of knowing I have a way out if things really go south for me. I'm not worried about my mom seeing the package since I can be home to collect it before she sees it. I'm mostly just scared of the police coming and causing a lot of drama and my mom pushing me for answers.

I may go for the PO box just for some additional peace of mind. Would it be okay if I use my real name?

Nikitatos

Nikitatos

Wizard
Apr 10, 2024
If you're in the US, it doesn't really matter.

You can open PO Boxes with fake document, too ;). That's probably a different kind of problems if caught (unlikely for one transaction).

S

sadyogi

Sep 5, 2024
I'm just an average guy of average intelligence - I hope - but there's so much mail that goes through USPS that the odds anyone bats an eye are infinitesimally small. Both options aren't really anything to sweat about. Don't overthink!