• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Hey, I paid $7.10 for this split!
Jun 1, 2024
Hello. Not planning to CTB yet still figuring out what methods could work for me.

Currently looking at charcoal burning and after doing some research I have some questions.

1)I plan on burning the charcoal outside then when it starts to have less smoke and having an off white color I will transfer it to my bathroom. It's quite small after measuring height:2.83 M , width: 1.73M , length: 1.80M . Assuming what I read about 0.135 kg per m^3 I should use about 1.2 kg of charcoal maybe a few grams more just to be safe that it works. Correct?

2) How do I decide that the charcoal is ready to be used in the bathroom? do I take it the moment I see the charcoal turn white or let it sit there for a few minute. I do have a measuring device but measuring the grill outside gives unneliable results since it's not in a closed off area.

3)This is the charcoal I plan to use (picture added) I was searching my local store for good quality charcoal specificly one that emphasizes that it's carbonized and has little to no other chemicals. Does any one here have any exprience with this specific brand of charcoal (dosent have to be used to CTB just everyday use) and Would you recommend something like this or get something else I have few more brands in the store.

4) Grill sadly is the one part I think I'm lacking. The best one I found is something like this for about 25-30$ I don't think where I live the black circular grills are sold. My question is (I know this is asked alot) could this work reliability with the conditions I mentioned above? I simply can't reliably get a round black grill not even from amazon as they don't come to my location.

Thank you for your time.

Picture 1 Picture 2

Reactions: DepressedDude and Forveleth
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
1. Correct! But it doesn't hurt to double that amount - or some more. That's what I would do.
2. When the coal looks grey and stopped smoking. You have a CO meter. Why don't you do a test run and measure how long you can keep up certain CO concentrations in your bathroom?
3. Lump char coal is suggested, natural. Idk about your product.
4. Imo any grill will do, people have done it with steel buckets, too.

Keep in min that CO is a little bit lighter than air and your room seems to be high. Lying on the floor is the worst position to take in the attempt.

Reactions: Artemisia and locked*n*loaded
Upvote 0
VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
1. Correct! But it doesn't hurt to double that amount - or some more. That's what I would do.
2. When the coal looks grey and stopped smoking. You have a CO meter. Why don't you do a test run and measure how long you can keep up certain CO concentrations in your bathroom?
3. Lump char coal is suggested, natural. Idk about your product.
4. Imo any grill will do, people have done it with steel buckets, too.

Keep in min that CO is a little bit lighter than air and your room seems to be high. Lying on the floor is the worst position to take in the attempt.
Even though i live alone my parents come to visit me twice a week to chat. I don't want them getting suspicious from the fact the house walls smells of smoke abd burning.
And thanks for the height fact I was planning to lie down but I'll take a char instead.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
Ok so I compiled a list of the plan.
1) buy lump coal from store (there is good hardwood charcoal at store) and put it im balcony for later
2) buy 2 large tin cans open them up and puncture holes and open top and bottom lid clean them well
3)buy grill
4) Seal batrhoom with tape window and vent system everything that could cause leakage and bring a chair there
5) put charcoal into make shift chimney tins with paper towl tube and news paper about 3 kg together both
6) after about 20 minutes or when top is white put them in grill to one side and wait for them to start being white and no smoke about 15 more minute
7) put all the the charcoal into steel bucket and close lid transfer to batrhoom
8) let it sit there 15 minutes
9) write "HIGH CARBON MONOXIDE LEVELS" on door
10) if possible when entering hold breath and put duct tape on door
11)sit in chair until lose of consciousness
Seems like a plan

• Informative
Reactions: DepressedDude
Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Coals should be glowing red and emitting no smoke. If you calculated correctly the amount of charcoal needed, triple, or even quadruple, that amount. It is a good idea to do a trial run and make sure you can actually get the CO level up to the 10000, and hold it there for a while. If you can't, more charcoal is needed.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
Coals should be glowing red and emitting no smoke. If you calculated correctly the amount of charcoal needed, triple, or even quadruple, that amount. It is a good idea to do a trial run and make sure you can actually get the CO level up to the 10000, and hold it there for a while. If you can't, more charcoal is needed.
Oh so i bring them is when they are red hot and no smoke not while they are white and no smoke correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: locked*n*loaded
Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Oh so i bring them is when they are red hot and no smoke not while they are white and no smoke correct?
Yes. If they're getting all white, sure, they're still emitting CO, but they're getting near the ash point and nearing the point of burning out. Glowing red hot, emitting lots of heat, not smoking should be the ideal point for maximum CO emittance. Usually by the time the coals get red, glowing hot, nearly all of the impurities that cause the smoke should be burned off and the temperature of the coals will be hot enough to vaporize any of the remaining impurities. Smoke just makes the whole ordeal more uncomfortable, but nowhere near as bad as breathing in all of the other noxious gases you would get by trying to ctb with an internal combustion engine. Remember, pure CO is colorless and odorless. Ideally, that's all you want to be breathing in. Also, a high level is really important because it would drastically shorten the amount of time where there could be suffering due to conscious awareness of the effects from the CO.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and VEROXEM
Upvote 0
VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
Yes. If they're getting all white, sure, they're still emitting CO, but they're getting near the ash point and nearing the point of burning out. Glowing red hot, emitting lots of heat, not smoking should be the ideal point for maximum CO emittance. Usually by the time the coals get red, glowing hot, nearly all of the impurities that cause the smoke should be burned off and the temperature of the coals will be hot enough to vaporize any of the remaining impurities. Smoke just makes the whole ordeal more uncomfortable, but nowhere near as bad as breathing in all of the other noxious gases you would get by trying to ctb with an internal combustion engine. Remember, pure CO is colorless and odorless. Ideally, that's all you want to be breathing in. Also, a high level is really important because it would drastically shorten the amount of time where there could be suffering due to conscious awareness of the effects from the CO.
Excellent! This is very helpful information. Thank you for your time.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and DepressedDude
Upvote 0
VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
After thinking for a while about this I actually decided to use my bedroom closet for this!
It is much more tight it has the same Hight as my bathroom (2.83) how ever with a width of 1.17 meter and length of 1.28 with not windows and air ducts and only a small opening when I close a door that I can easily block with a rag!
At first I was worried of using it since I feared the clothing might catch on fire but i can just remove everything in there and put it on my bed.
With the 0.135 kg per m^3 I only need 0.6 kg of charcoal for it 3kg of charcoal is more then enough!
How ever now comes a different problem since the room is so tight I'm afraid when I fall unconscious my movements in this state could push the coal bucket to the ground.
Any one have any tips for this problems i will add my closet has a little cubby area for shoes its pretty deep and its Hight is 30 cm just tall enough for the bucket to enter.
Thank you for your time!

Upvote 0
B

bwerner

Nov 23, 2023
CO failure has risks. Deep in the Carbon Monoxide Megathread several users mention that brain injury symptoms can take up to 30 days to appear after CO poisoning.

Reactions: Forveleth
Upvote 0
VEROXEM

VEROXEM

Jun 1, 2024
CO failure has risks. Deep in the Carbon Monoxide Megathread several users mention that brain injury symptoms can take up to 30 days to appear after CO poisoning.
Well ofcourse I read about risks.
Many methods have risks nothing is full proof.
How ever CO method has a good fatality rate considering people died in their house sleeping from grills that were used outside for cooking. They died from used grills that they used to heat up during a cold nights.
This is pre meditated and I am trying to achieve maximum results.
If I were to use this method (I'm still figuring things out) and fail I would try to redo it the moment I wake up with more charcoal.

Upvote 0